Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done

eh its not that bad when broken down

@AaronWilson_NFL: Cody Parkey Bears deal: $15M, $9M gtd, $2.25M signing bonus, salaries $1.25M (gtd), $2.75M (gtd), $2.625M, $2.625M, $2M roster bonus fifth day of league year 2018, $750K roster bonus third day 2019 league year, $750K roster bonus 2021 league year, $100 annual Pro Bowl incentive

I don't blame him for pursuing the $$$. But when you've got a local kid and fan, the best kicker we've had since Mare, who left his imprint on some wins and was delighted to be here, I do blame the front office morons for taking him for granted instead of preemptively trying to extend him during the season.

eh its not that bad when broken down

@AaronWilson_NFL: Cody Parkey Bears deal: $15M, $9M gtd, $2.25M signing bonus, salaries $1.25M (gtd), $2.75M (gtd), $2.625M, $2.625M, $2M roster bonus fifth day of league year 2018, $750K roster bonus third day 2019 league year, $750K roster bonus 2021 league year, $100 annual Pro Bowl incentive
Yeah not that bad for a solid kicker

Letting him go didn't make sense. He was one of the better performers last year and we've been struggling at kicker for awhile...

I actually think Gase inflated his numbers. He is pretty conservative when chosing when to send his kicker out.

If you cannot tell now, we don’t value this position at 3-4 mill a year.

I thought we finally found our kicker for the future, alas, they were just renting him on the cheap last year.

If you cannot tell now, we don’t value this position at 3-4 mill a year.

I thought we finally found our kicker for the future, alas, they were just renting him on the cheap last year.

all the yearly payments are actually under 3. He didnt get as much as the raw number suggests

I don't understand all the 'You don't pay for a kicker'. The position is very important to the game. We see tons of games each week come down to kicking. I think not paying him (91+%) accuracy + onside success was a mistake.

Eddy Pineiro may very well be the Dolphins answer to Parkey leaving to Chicago. He is a Miami born player with maybe the Strongest leg in the NFL once he enters the league. Led the nation in Kicking this year and crushed it at the NFL Combine.

Eddy Pineiro may very well be the Dolphins answer to Parkey leaving to Chicago. He is a Miami born player with maybe the Strongest leg in the NFL once he enters the league. Led the nation in Kicking this year and crushed it at the NFL Combine.
I like Blankenship. Really just because of the glasses lol. I'd take Pineoro if I had to thou :)

I don't understand all the 'You don't pay for a kicker'. The position is very important to the game. We see tons of games each week come down to kicking. I think not paying him (91+%) accuracy + onside success was a mistake.

The difference between a 90% kicker on 20 attempts and an 80% kicker on 20 attempts is just two made field goals. If your team isn't a serious contender is 6 points really worth an extra $5 million?

Back
Top Bottom