Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done

The difference between a 90% kicker on 20 attempts and an 80% kicker on 20 attempts is just two made field goals. If your team isn't a serious contender is 6 points really worth an extra $5 million?
That to me is a stastical skew and not sure where you get an extra 5M. But I'll use it. Think about an 8-8 team that loses two close games by 1 or 2 point. Those two field goals make them 10-6 and puts them in the playoffs. So yes is worth it.

That to me is a stastical skew and not sure where you get an extra 5M. But I'll use it. Think about an 8-8 team that loses two close games by 1 or 2 point. Those two field goals make them 10-6 and puts them in the playoffs. So yes is worth it.

I think the odds that the two missed field goals in the difference between a 80% kicker and 90% kicker on 20 attempts both being game winners is very slim. Parkey made 90% of his kicks and the team won 6 games. I doubt if he made 100% the team was going to be 8-8 or better.

for the record one miss came in a 16 point loss and the other in a 40 point loss. Just saying the odds that when it comes down to kicking a field goal an 90% kicker is fine, but 80% isn't that much different. You expect both to make the kick.

Last edited:
I think the odds that the two missed field goals in the difference between a 80% kicker and 90% kicker on 20 attempts both being game winners is very slim. Parkey made 90% of his kicks and the team won 6 games. I doubt if he made 100% the team was going to be 8-8 or better.
Your argument is extremely flawed but okay. My point is simply kickers should not be over looked. They definitely impact the game and season. They deserve to be paid. 2% of the total cap isn't that much and more than he got.

PartialAnnualBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif

I wish we could have kept him but there should be some good free agents coming from the college ranks. Michael Badgley from The U would be one I'd try out.

Your argument is extremely flawed but okay. My point is simply kickers should not be over looked. They definitely impact the game and season. They deserve to be paid. 2% of the total cap isn't that much and more than he got.

I guess in a nut shell I'm asking if it came down to a winning kick how much are you willing to spend to have a 90% chance of making the kick vs an 80% chance?

I guess in a nut shell I'm asking if it came down to a winning kick how much are you willing to spend to have a 90% chance of making the kick vs an 80% chance?
I think the contract he signed was fair. I think Miami should have paid him.

Looks like Sturgis is in high demand, too. Seems like we'll have to roll with a rookie kicker. Not happy about that. Rookie kickers are like a box of chocolates.

Happy with the way our OL is shaping up, pleased with the WRs, the inking of Quinn, the resigning of Hayes, etc, but still, IMO not preemptively re-signing a local stud kicker thrilled to be back whose leg impacted several games tarnishes whatever glow is perceived. Yeah, you can say: "he's only a kicker and they're readily replaceable" but think back to the last time (Mare) we felt confident in the kicking game and you'll realize Parkey shouldn't have been taken for granted by our still-moronic FO especially for the chump change, relatively speaking, we could have tied him at.

Back
Top Bottom