Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done

Really curious to know if the Dolphins even offered Parkey a new contract.

Depends on what Parkey was asking for and what the Bears offered. Dolphins are not in a position to over spend on a kicker. Only contending teams should do that. To me it's like seeing a 70 or 80 win baseball team breaking the bank on a great closing pitcher. What's the point.

My guess is that they let him test the waters, and the Dolphins couldnt/wouldnt match!

Short kickoffs or hometown clubbing.

That is my theory.

This one I DO NOT understand. One of the better kickers in the league IMO.

The 2 WRS I like, both of them. But this is a head-scratcher.

There are things behind the scenes with this franchise that we are unlikely ever to know. Guys may be altogether different than our perception of them. I thought Parkey was a great guy, a seamless fit and a LOCK to be here for 10+ years.

don't get this at all, he was the best we've had in a long time

I would sign Sebastian Janikowski.

Florida State Guy.

I think he’s a good 8 years younger than Vinatieri.

Lots of tread left on the tires.
Wrong (head case),

WRONG (wide-whatever ref$u thug),

wrong (was in the league in the 90's),

wrong (been done for a while).

this bums me out after watching how good the onside kicks were this year. I'll never forget us getting it in Buffalo and then watching Cutler throw a INT the very next play. :roflmao
Thats what got him cut Gases QB screwed up and we had to blame somebody for the loss.

I had much greater confidence in Parkey than I had with Franks. This is disappointing but we will find another Kicker. I assure you that if this is our biggest problem, then we are going to have a great season.

Think Cairo Santos is still out there. He was pretty good with KC before he got hurt. Butker came in and didn't allow him to get his job back. Did anyone pick him up?

Back
Top Bottom