Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

finnns2000

Active Roster
Reaction score
That unlikely uprising left the Miami Dolphins as the only team in the high-flying AFC without a 30-point game this season.

Sunday marked the 15th consecutive game under Henne that the Dolphins failed to exceed 25 points

Even the most recent 30-point explosion, which came almost a full year ago (Nov. 1 at the Jets), featured two special teams scores from Ted Ginn Jr. and another from the defense ( Jason Taylor).

Four trips to the Steelers' 21-yard-line or closer failed to produce a touchdown Sunday.

"Lack of efficiency and execution, that would be the thread," Sparano said. "If you're looking for me to say we should have done something different, that there was some magic out there, no, I'm not going to tell you that."

In other words, it's the players not the plays.

Read 'em and weep folks. Cold hard facts for you.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-red-zone-1026-20101025,0,2654601.story

I don't know how any homer dolphin fan (or any dolphan for that matter) that can read this without throwing up. Miami brings in Brandon Marshall and the offense becomes stagnant. BTW Finnns I see your doghouse is becoming standing room only. I like how Incognito says Miami just stalls when they get into the redzone. No player seems to have the balls to call out Henning on his playcalling. Sparano you said we need TDs not FGs in order to win. Really? I can't tell, dude celebrates FGs with more enthusiasm than he does TDs. I get tired of watching other teams score 30 and 40+ points while Miami is struggling to crack 20 by game's end. It's been 7 years since Miami scored 40+ and now it's been what almost 20 games now without scoring 30 or more?

Sunday we break out. Teams are scoring BIG and producing a lot of yardage against the Bengals. When they give up at least 21 points, they lose (0-5). This feels like a break out game four our offense. Their D line has been horrible against the run. This should be a good test for Ronnie and Ricky.

A lot will be dependent on our defense this game. If they stay disciplined and keep their coverages, they should be able to at least hold them in check somewhat. Big if. We have to get pressure on Palmer, his protection has been atrocious this season. Pressure him often so he doesn't get the chance to burn us.

Wasn't Henne the 1st QB since Marino to produce three or four consecutive 30+ games? I think it was last year so he certainly CAN do it. I see this more of a Henning problem. Scott Linehan anyone?

I really don't how many points we score as long as we win. I've seen Dolphin teams that score a minimum of 30 points a game. That team had a defense that allowed at least 30 points a game. It's just as frustrating. As long as we win...who cares.

dan henning is ruining chad henne. the guy is a 30+ yard play kind of quarterback, not chad pennington. the game that i think shows this is the one against the jets. henne can throw the ball deep with the best of them. he isnt a west coast offense kind of guy. he is more of a ben roethlisberger/ carson palmer kind of guy. we are a low risk, low reward offense. take some damn chances!! high risk, high reward.. i mean, he doesnt have to be mike martz but at least let him show off his arm strength.. the guy usually completes the ball deep.. how many times has henne thrown an incompete pass over 30 yards? stop holdin back, time to let it rip

add me to the can Henning brigade... I was at the game, and we NEVER ran any deep routes... never even attempt them...

i know we dont have that much speed, but Hartline has shown he can get deep, and so can Marshall... but everything is ins and outs under 20 yards... we dont push the seems, nothing down the field... and its the playcalling not the QB/WR... pathetic...

Wasn't Henne the 1st QB since Marino to produce three or four consecutive 30+ games? I think it was last year so he certainly CAN do it. I see this more of a Henning problem. Scott Linehan anyone?

It was really 2(you went 1-1 in those games) as the third one your D and STs scored 21 pts while your O scored 9.

It's always easy to blame the OC but the players are the ones who have to execute. I never loved Henning as an OC but he's not making you settle for FGs each game, your players are missing plays whether it's a breakdown in the OL, a RB missing a hole, a QB missing a throw, a WR not running a precise route or not catching a ball- it's not all on the OC.

It was really 2(you went 1-1 in those games) as the third one your D and STs scored 21 pts while your O scored 9.

It's always easy to blame the OC but the players are the ones who have to execute. I never loved Henning as an OC but he's not making you settle for FGs each game, your players are missing plays whether it's a breakdown in the OL, a RB missing a hole, a QB missing a throw, a WR not running a precise route or not catching a ball- it's not all on the OC.
it was really 4, and if u dont count that last jet game for some reason, then it was 3, vs the bills, vs u guys, and vs the saints.

I have always been in the 'don't blame the OC' camp, but I am starting to reconsider with Henning. these players are definitely capable of putting up 30 on anybody

it was really 4, and if u dont count that last jet game for some reason, then it was 3, vs the bills, vs u guys, and vs the saints.

Oops, you are right. I missed the Bills game so 3 straight 30+ pt games going 2-1. You can't count the Jet game as the O only scored 9. That's like giving Brady and the Pats O credit for scoring 40+ against you guys when they also got 3 non offensives TDs. The difference in that game was their O also scored 20 and the game wasn't close unlike our 30-25 loss against you guys last year.

Oops, you are right. I missed the Bills game so 3 straight 30+ pt games going 2-1. You can't count the Jet game as the O only scored 9. That's like giving Brady and the Pats O credit for scoring 40+ against you guys when they also got 3 non offensives TDs. The difference in that game was their O also scored 20 and the game wasn't close unlike our 30-25 loss against you guys last year.
i mean will never know,but who knows how our offense does on those drives that would have been if ginn does not return the kicks. also jason taylors fumble recovery. i mean its hard to see. either way we found a way to put 30 up.

It's not just Henning, although I'm not a fan of his, it's been the entire franchise philosophy since we lost Marino. Conservative, don't turn the ball over, small ball offense. I've thought they were just bringing Henne along in phases, but I don't know anymore. They either don't trust him or they're stuck in NFL '70ish. I'm done trying to figure it out, but something has to give.

Back
Top Bottom