Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finnns2000, Oct 26, 2010.

1. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

Read 'em and weep folks. Cold hard facts for you.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-red-zone-1026-20101025,0,2654601.story

2. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I don't know how any homer dolphin fan (or any dolphan for that matter) that can read this without throwing up. Miami brings in Brandon Marshall and the offense becomes stagnant. BTW Finnns I see your doghouse is becoming standing room only. I like how Incognito says Miami just stalls when they get into the redzone. No player seems to have the balls to call out Henning on his playcalling. Sparano you said we need TDs not FGs in order to win. Really? I can't tell, dude celebrates FGs with more enthusiasm than he does TDs. I get tired of watching other teams score 30 and 40+ points while Miami is struggling to crack 20 by game's end. It's been 7 years since Miami scored 40+ and now it's been what almost 20 games now without scoring 30 or more?

3. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Sunday we break out. Teams are scoring BIG and producing a lot of yardage against the Bengals. When they give up at least 21 points, they lose (0-5). This feels like a break out game four our offense. Their D line has been horrible against the run. This should be a good test for Ronnie and Ricky.

A lot will be dependent on our defense this game. If they stay disciplined and keep their coverages, they should be able to at least hold them in check somewhat. Big if. We have to get pressure on Palmer, his protection has been atrocious this season. Pressure him often so he doesn't get the chance to burn us.

4. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP

Wasn't Henne the 1st QB since Marino to produce three or four consecutive 30+ games? I think it was last year so he certainly CAN do it. I see this more of a Henning problem. Scott Linehan anyone?

5. hemidemon

hemidemon Starter

I really don't how many points we score as long as we win. I've seen Dolphin teams that score a minimum of 30 points a game. That team had a defense that allowed at least 30 points a game. It's just as frustrating. As long as we win...who cares.

6. thefranchisedef

thefranchisedef A True Fan

dan henning is ruining chad henne. the guy is a 30+ yard play kind of quarterback, not chad pennington. the game that i think shows this is the one against the jets. henne can throw the ball deep with the best of them. he isnt a west coast offense kind of guy. he is more of a ben roethlisberger/ carson palmer kind of guy. we are a low risk, low reward offense. take some damn chances!! high risk, high reward.. i mean, he doesnt have to be mike martz but at least let him show off his arm strength.. the guy usually completes the ball deep.. how many times has henne thrown an incompete pass over 30 yards? stop holdin back, time to let it rip

7. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

Fire Henning!!!!

8. arsenal

arsenal Beastin'

add me to the can Henning brigade... I was at the game, and we NEVER ran any deep routes... never even attempt them...

i know we dont have that much speed, but Hartline has shown he can get deep, and so can Marshall... but everything is ins and outs under 20 yards... we dont push the seems, nothing down the field... and its the playcalling not the QB/WR... pathetic...

9. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

It was really 2(you went 1-1 in those games) as the third one your D and STs scored 21 pts while your O scored 9.

It's always easy to blame the OC but the players are the ones who have to execute. I never loved Henning as an OC but he's not making you settle for FGs each game, your players are missing plays whether it's a breakdown in the OL, a RB missing a hole, a QB missing a throw, a WR not running a precise route or not catching a ball- it's not all on the OC.

10. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

it was really 4, and if u dont count that last jet game for some reason, then it was 3, vs the bills, vs u guys, and vs the saints.

11. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

I have always been in the 'don't blame the OC' camp, but I am starting to reconsider with Henning. these players are definitely capable of putting up 30 on anybody

12. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Oops, you are right. I missed the Bills game so 3 straight 30+ pt games going 2-1. You can't count the Jet game as the O only scored 9. That's like giving Brady and the Pats O credit for scoring 40+ against you guys when they also got 3 non offensives TDs. The difference in that game was their O also scored 20 and the game wasn't close unlike our 30-25 loss against you guys last year.

13. zachblitz54

zachblitz54 Juck the Fets

Exactly why Dan Henning needs to go, NOW.

14. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

i mean will never know,but who knows how our offense does on those drives that would have been if ginn does not return the kicks. also jason taylors fumble recovery. i mean its hard to see. either way we found a way to put 30 up.

15. NCFINFAN13

NCFINFAN13 The Phinsuckery Continues Donator

It's not just Henning, although I'm not a fan of his, it's been the entire franchise philosophy since we lost Marino. Conservative, don't turn the ball over, small ball offense. I've thought they were just bringing Henne along in phases, but I don't know anymore. They either don't trust him or they're stuck in NFL '70ish. I'm done trying to figure it out, but something has to give.

16. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

The fact of the matter is..... the QB is average..... the play calling is based on the trust of the offensive staff and the HC... and it's "evident" Henne isn't high on the trust list.... thus vanilla.

With 2:34 left to play... decent field position and the two minute warning to stop the clock... Henne had all the ingredients to show he knows how to get it done.... and he sh*t the bed..... he lacks the "intangibles".

Poor execution on the throw to BM for the TD... like the HC said.... "we make that play a million times in practice".... The "evidence" is mounting.... the Parcells remark is gaining a platform....

We have an issue at the QB position.... I don't like it... we'll see.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Our D dominated your offense that day, your only scoring drive came after a fumble that we recovered was given back to you(funny, I don't remember complaining about that one:D).

18. rent this space

imo, you're barking up the wrong tree, TDA

19. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

but we have no 30 yard + receivers...

20. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

This is not a knee jerk observation..... Henne has issues... some created and some just part of the DNA.... but an issue it is... just the same.

21. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

With few exceptions... Henne has yet to show he has long ball accuracy... has he been working on it from day one... yes..... has he proven he can execute in games.... no.... do we have the compliments at WR.... probably not....

22. rent this space

that's my point- he is not an unknown. we have seen him put up big numbers and win against top talent both in Miami and Michigan. he is more than capable

23. FinsFan74

FinsFan74 Cement Shoes Distributor

I agree that the offense is abysmal when it comes to scoring points but c'mon now, we played the top ranked defense in the league and scored more points on them than any other team! Don't just tell one side of the story if you're gonna start a thread about it!

24. Billk78

Billk78 Scout Team

And if the refs made the right call this wouldn't even be an issue right now.

25. vagrantprodigy

vagrantprodigy A True Fan

It's henning's and sparano's fault, not Henne's. When we are ahead, we stop trying on offense, and just go 3 and out.

26. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

I grant you... he's capable....

But... to date.... there's mounting evidence.... he's not the next....

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

There are no moral W's in the NFL....

27. PhinsTD

PhinsTD Phins fanatic

I wonder if the majority of our fans realize just how hard it is to find an elite QB.

Every team in the NFL is either trying to find one, or develop one behind the gut they have.

There are maybe 4-5 elite QB's in the league, and our fans act as if Henne isn't one we need to get rid of him tomorrow. It simply doesn't work that way.

28. rent this space

imo, there is plenty of evidence to say he is

29. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

I agree... you don't see my opinion saying get rid of Henne.... it's more an opinion and the mounting evidence he may be more to the Parcells take than the many fans on here take... we'll see

30. rent this space

Parcells doesn't exactly have a good record in judging QB's

nyjunc likes this.
  31. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Wow. I didnt even realize that is 15 straight games without a even a single 30 burger. Sadly the one we did have before the 15 game streak was due to kick returns and a defensive score. Man thats abysmal. The Raiders scored more points in 3 qtrs on Sunday than we will typically score in 3 games. With JASON CAMBPELL AS THEIR QB!!!!!!!!!!

32. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

True. It is very difficult to find a great QB. That is why when youre sitting there with the 1st overall pick and a franchise QB is there for the taking, YOU TAKE HIM, not some cornfed lineman.

33. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

While I would prefer some high scoring games, the bottom line is still the wins.

34. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

Dan Henning + Sparano possed by the demon of Dave Wannstedt = poor offense

35. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

There's one way to make DAMN SURE you don't ever find one... :lol:

36. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

How about with the 2nd pick when the best QB in the draft is still available but instead you sign a journeyman whose most notable claim to fame is ramming his head through cement walls and then dip into your SEC data bank of under-achievers to use that pick on a running back when good ones can often be found later on or under rocks from your coven of SEC under achievers?

37. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Aaron Rodgers wasn't worth a top 10 pick... which is why he kept sliding into the 20's on draft day... NFL teams were on the same page with that.

The list of Jeff Tedford QB busts was long enough to spook ANY team off...

You also keep talking about SEC underachievers, yet keep throwing out the "RB for Houston from Notre Dame"... who's: A.) Not from Notre Dame.. B.) From the SEC... C.) Doing anything but underachieving for himself...

You're all over the place...

38. hoops

hoops exited stage left

who do you guys think would make a heck of an oc for us...??? cause i'm looking HARD

39. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

It's sad. Even the Browns and Bills can put up points. This offense is a trainwreck.

40. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

he isn't all over the place you know damn well what and who he is talking about

He is saying Rounningbacks can be found later - like Arian Foster

As far as Rodgers goes... (he locks onto receivers too and throws bad picks) but he is a player

Actually everyone had a short- long term solution at QB but the Phins and Niners- that's why Rodgers lasted so long - Saban went for the SEC Running back - Rodgers was capable from the get go - it was a numbers game Saban loved Ronnie the rest is history - Saban jammed us in many other ways through the draft.