Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

Wow. I didnt even realize that is 15 straight games without a even a single 30 burger. Sadly the one we did have before the 15 game streak was due to kick returns and a defensive score. Man thats abysmal. The Raiders scored more points in 3 qtrs on Sunday than we will typically score in 3 games. With JASON CAMBPELL AS THEIR QB!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the majority of our fans realize just how hard it is to find an elite QB.

Every team in the NFL is either trying to find one, or develop one behind the gut they have.

There are maybe 4-5 elite QB's in the league, and our fans act as if Henne isn't one we need to get rid of him tomorrow. It simply doesn't work that way.

True. It is very difficult to find a great QB. That is why when youre sitting there with the 1st overall pick and a franchise QB is there for the taking, YOU TAKE HIM, not some cornfed lineman.

Dan Henning + Sparano possed by the demon of Dave Wannstedt = poor offense

True. It is very difficult to find a great QB. That is why when youre sitting there with the 1st overall pick and a franchise QB is there for the taking, YOU TAKE HIM, not some cornfed lineman.

There's one way to make DAMN SURE you don't ever find one... :lol:

How about with the 2nd pick when the best QB in the draft is still available but instead you sign a journeyman whose most notable claim to fame is ramming his head through cement walls and then dip into your SEC data bank of under-achievers to use that pick on a running back when good ones can often be found later on or under rocks from your coven of SEC under achievers?

How about with the 2nd pick when the best QB in the draft is still available but instead you sign a journeyman whose most notable claim to fame is ramming his head through cement walls and then dip into your SEC data bank of under-achievers to use that pick on a running back when good ones can often be found later on or under rocks from your coven of SEC under achievers?

Aaron Rodgers wasn't worth a top 10 pick... which is why he kept sliding into the 20's on draft day... NFL teams were on the same page with that.

The list of Jeff Tedford QB busts was long enough to spook ANY team off...

You also keep talking about SEC underachievers, yet keep throwing out the "RB for Houston from Notre Dame"... who's: A.) Not from Notre Dame.. B.) From the SEC... C.) Doing anything but underachieving for himself...

You're all over the place...

who do you guys think would make a heck of an oc for us...??? cause i'm looking HARD

Wow. I didnt even realize that is 15 straight games without a even a single 30 burger. Sadly the one we did have before the 15 game streak was due to kick returns and a defensive score. Man thats abysmal. The Raiders scored more points in 3 qtrs on Sunday than we will typically score in 3 games. With JASON CAMBPELL AS THEIR QB!!!!!!!!!!

It's sad. Even the Browns and Bills can put up points. This offense is a trainwreck.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't worth a top 10 pick... which is why he kept sliding into the 20's on draft day... NFL teams were on the same page with that.

The list of Jeff Tedford QB busts was long enough to spook ANY team off...

You also keep talking about SEC underachievers, yet keep throwing out the "RB for Houston from Notre Dame"... who's: A.) Not from Notre Dame.. B.) From the SEC... C.) Doing anything but underachieving for himself...

You're all over the place...

he isn't all over the place you know damn well what and who he is talking about

He is saying Rounningbacks can be found later - like Arian Foster

As far as Rodgers goes... (he locks onto receivers too and throws bad picks) but he is a player

Actually everyone had a short- long term solution at QB but the Phins and Niners- that's why Rodgers lasted so long - Saban went for the SEC Running back - Rodgers was capable from the get go - it was a numbers game Saban loved Ronnie the rest is history - Saban jammed us in many other ways through the draft.

he isn't all over the place you know damn well what and who he is talking about

He is saying Rounningbacks can be found later - like Arian Foster

As far as Rodgers goes... (he locks onto receivers too and throws bad picks) but he is a player

Actually everyone had a short- long term solution at QB but the Phins and Niners- that's why Rodgers lasted so long - Saban went for the SEC Running back - Rodgers was capable from the get go - it was a numbers game Saban loved Ronnie the rest is history - Saban jammed us in many other ways through the draft.

He is all over the place... I've been correcting him for 3 weeks now on this same post and he keeps repeating it...

Arian Foster didn't play his college ball for Notre Dame... he played at Tennessee... the SEC... which he keeps referring to for some reason as underachievers...

If running backs are so easy to find why do teams keep using 1st round picks on them? Why couldn't Miami ever find one? Why did they trade two 1st rounders for a crackhead?

If Saban hadn't drafted Ronnie, this regime wouldn't even have a starting point to run an offense... much less the WildCrutch...

Go back to straining your eyes trying to follow a hockey puck... football just isn't your cup o' tea rev...

Not sure it was Cambpell putting up those points. Check out the day the Raiders RBs had. Im sure Henne would have produced more points with half the production the raiders gained on the ground Sunday.

But how important is a good running game for a young QB anyway? A decent TE? nah...they mean nothing...

clear.gif

But how important is a good running game for a young QB anyway? A decent TE? nah...they mean nothing...

Excuses. Henne has a couple targets in Bess and Marshall that are excellent for a young QB. I've been saying we should've drafted a TE all season but nooooo, Fasano is good enough. No he isn't.

As for the running game, I think some of that can be attributed to a weaker OL, specifically the interior.

Well I hate not balming the players as usually that's what I do. However I feel this has been the trend for awhile, maybe I need to do more research but here goes.
1. Miami comes out with an ultra conservative gameplan, the main objective is to not turn the ball over and lose the game.
2. Running game is stuffed, opposing team scores some points, now we are behind.
3. Offense looks almost like many of us aspire them to look an get back into the game, many times building a small lead.
4. Offense goes back into the ultra conservative mode doing everything it can not to lose the game by turning the ball over.
5. Defense is on the field trying to prevent a late tying or game winning FG or TD.

Since 2008 there have been so many games that follow this script. We have won a lot of them but you will not beat good teams with it. We had chance to make things very uncomfotable for both GB and Pittsburgh over the last 2 weeks and the offense certainly showed they had the ability to do it. However, we have to prove we can run the ball because being physical is more important than scoring points :rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom