Colt Brennan=Next Dan Marino!!!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colt Brennan=Next Dan Marino!!!!!

Here is a post by CK before this past draft. It was before Colt decided to stay in college. It should answer many of the questions people have about Colt. For those who don't know him CK is a fantastic analyst who watches a great deal of film. I may not always agree with him but his reasoning is usually sound and his facts are usually very accurate.

CK Parrothead (regarding Colt Brennan):

High School: As BigDogsHunt pointed out, he was Matt Leinart's backup. Did extremely well when he got his shot, was highly recruited and went off to...

Colorado: Where, as a freshman, he learned the West Coast Offense. Colorado ran into trouble off the girl kicker that accused several members of the football team of sexual assault and the coaching staff of ignoring it, and that's when he had...ETC,ETC

good find rafael and great past post by CK. Thanks

But watching him play and his attitude just reminds me so much of Dan Marino.He's actually more accurate than dan marino but i think dan had a little bit of a stronger arm but colt will get stronger as time goes on in the pro's..
WHAT?!!!:jawdrop:

Koa bear i know you meant well enough, and i like the spirit but statements like the one above are going to set you up for failure on this site. The only college QB to be compared to Dan Marino is Dan Marino. Anyway welcome aboard:newbie:.

Kids, please remember. If you must smoke. Dont drink the bong water...

WHAT?!!!:jawdrop:

Koa bear i know you meant well enough, and i like the spirit but statements like the one above are going to set you up for failure on this site. The only college QB to be compared to Dan Marino is Dan Marino. Anyway welcome aboard:newbie:.

Thanks for the praise above but really it's all CK.

As for Dan's college career it really wasn't as good as his pro career. He completed less than 60% of his passes (57.6%) and his YPA was much lower than Colt's so he was also completing shorter passes. In fact, by today's standards Dan's college accuracy was nothing special. Of course stats aren't everything and the college game has changed so I'm not claiming that Colt or any of the other 30+ QBs who come out of college each year with better completion %s will all be better than Dan. What I am saying is that if you compare players at the same point in their career, ie. Dan after his junior year to Colt after his junior year, Colt will fair well in that comparison. Obviously opinions as to systems, level of competition, supporting cast, etc. will factor in to predictions as to whether any future comparisons will be warranted but at this point they are comparable.

Brennan might not be the next Dan Marino, but this kid has all the ability in the world to be pretty damn special. He's a great kid, who made a mistake, but who makes up for it everyday with his work ethic. His teammates absolutely LOVE him and we were discussing in VIP pre-draft, how Brennan would probably have been a legitimate target with the 9 pick, had he come out and performed in off-season testing the way we thought he would.

Just a really good talent.

Brennan might not be the next Dan Marino, but this kid has all the ability in the world to be pretty damn special. He's a great kid, who made a mistake, but who makes up for it everyday with his work ethic. His teammates absolutely LOVE him and we were discussing in VIP pre-draft, how Brennan would probably have been a legitimate target with the 9 pick, had he come out and performed in off-season testing the way we thought he would.

Just a really good talent.

I seen nothing special in Brennan at all, he doesnt have great size, doesnt have great arm strength, plays in a easy system easy conference. Brennan will have a hard tim adjusting to the NFL. I see Brian Brohm and Chad Henne getting picked way before Brennan. I dont think Brennan is worth a 1st round. he doesnt stand tall in the pocket like he should, and he has a weird throwing motion that scouts wont like.

I seen nothing special in Brennan at all, he doesnt have great size, doesnt have great arm strength, plays in a easy system easy conference. Brennan will have a hard tim adjusting to the NFL. I see Brian Brohm and Chad Henne getting picked way before Brennan. I dont think Brennan is worth a 1st round. he doesnt stand tall in the pocket like he should, and he has a weird throwing motion that scouts wont like.

If you've seen nothing special in Brennan, then clearly you haven't been watching him too closely.

I'm fascinated to hear how a QB widely recruited to play in a pro style offense, will have difficulty adjusting to the NFL and to hear a valid explainantion as to why the NFL scouts "won't like" his throwing motion, but yet embraced Phil Rivers' throwing motion to the tune of the #1 overall pick and a subsequent Pro Bowl berth.

Well glad to see some classy level headed mature fans in here also.Dan Marino was the man.I'm just a fan of UH Warriors(Colt Brennan) and miami dolphins so just hoping he goes to miami.This thread was not made to insult dan or beck,it was made to just show the enthusiasm i have with the new miami dolphins and UH Warrior connection.Also to just state a dream of mine to have one of the best college quarterbacks i've ever seen go to my team(dolphins).That's it.

Well glad to see some classy level headed mature fans in here also.Dan Marino was the man.I'm just a fan of UH Warriors(Colt Brennan) and miami dolphins so just hoping he goes to miami.This thread was not made to insult dan or beck,it was made to just show the enthusiasm i have with the new miami dolphins and UH Warrior connection.Also to just state a dream of mine to have one of the best college quarterbacks i've ever seen go to my team(dolphins).That's it.

Get used to the "jump down your throat" mentality dude. But as much as you like Colt, it's somewhere between Bob Hope and No Hope that we draft Brennan.

And Bob Hope's dead.

The future of the QB position for Miami is unequivically John Beck and I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy seeing him play. But enjoy watching Brennan this season for your Rainbows. I suspect he's going to have a hell of a season, especially after the emotional climb down from his decision to declare.

Get used to the "jump down your throat" mentality dude. But as much as you like Colt, it's somewhere between Bob Hope and No Hope that we draft Brennan.

And Bob Hope's dead.

The future of the QB position for Miami is unequivically John Beck and I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy seeing him play. But enjoy watching Brennan this season for your Rainbows. I suspect he's going to have a hell of a season, especially after the emotional climb down from his decision to declare.

I like Beck, dont get me wrong, i think he is the best quarterback in the draft next to Russel.By the way its not rainbows anymore it's just WARRIORS.It was changed in 1999.

I like Beck, dont get me wrong, i think he is the best quarterback in the draft next to Russel.By the way its not rainbows anymore it's just WARRIORS.It was changed in 1999.

It'll always be Rainbows to me!

;)

We can always trade for a high draft pick next year!!!LOL.kidding.

Ok, here's the real stats on "who's better":

Beck and Brennan stats Vs UNLV (their only similar opponent)

comp att % td yards int td rushingTD
Brennan: 33 45 73 2 369 2 2 1
Beck: 20 25 80 4 266 1 4 1

Who won the category?

Brennan:
Yards: The only category Brennan beat Beck in. Brennan threw it 20 more times.

Beck:
%: 7 points better at 80%
TD: 2 td's better at 4
int: 1 int less

Finals Scores:

Hi BYU
42-13 52-7

Im a huge dolpins fan and i think Colt Brennan would be a perfect fit for the dolphins next season.I'm telling you dolphin fans right now he is something special and i hope we get a very high draft pick next season and take Colt cause he will be the quarterback to take us to the next level.He can scramble,very smart,the most accurate passer ever seen,very team oriented,reads defenses like a offensive guru,can take a hit,has unbelievable upside,and been coached by one of the best in the quarterback and football game in coach june jones.Alot of people say he only passes but isnt that what you want in a quarterback who can pass and be accurate,he can also do play action and play under center.Handing off is not a real hard thing to learn LOL.But watching him play and his attitude just reminds me so much of Dan Marino.He's actually more accurate than dan marino but i think dan had a little bit of a stronger arm but colt will get stronger as time goes on in the pro's.I'm asking all of my fellow dolphins fans right now to help me spread the word on Colt to the miami dolphins landscape and start to bring the hype for the best quarterback prospect in a very long time in Colt Brennan!!!!!Also he and samson satele are great friends and they would work great together under center,and reagan,and tala esera to.

We already have our qb of the future.

Spacing

Check for spaces after periods. There should only be one space between sentences. Check that all paragraph indents are equal. Vertical alignment and consistent spacing help preserve the hierarchy of information. Generally, don't add extra space between paragraphs, but indent the first line of each paragraph instead. Try to keep the overall line spacing consistent. Also, use periods after sentences and only 1 comma is needed to indicate the beginning of the pause and one at the end to indicate the end of the pause. Kthxbye.

Back
Top Bottom