Combine Talk | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

I know this is switching topics but... I don't know if its already been touched on or not.. But what about Landon Collins?

A month or so ago he was top 10 it seemed and now he's bottom half of the first round. If we could get a stud to pair with jones we could have our own mini Thomas/Chancellor duo haha. Not saying either are as good as those two but having two good safeties would be a good start.

The experts opinions would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

I know this is switching topics but... I don't know if its already been touched on or not.. But what about Landon Collins?

A month or so ago he was top 10 it seemed and now he's bottom half of the first round. If we could get a stud to pair with jones we could have our own mini Thomas/Chancellor duo haha. Not saying either are as good as those two but having two good safeties would be a good start.

The experts opinions would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Collins is going to be a solid player in the NFL, but the only problem is he is a big thick safety and is great against the run. He doesnt have the greatest range and athletic ability, quickness to cover deep in space... he is more of a safety you can bring up towards the line and he will fill and hit for the running game. It kind of matters what type of safety you are looking for your team.... and the only other problem is basically all the other safeties look awful (or at least not so good).

So basically Collins is similar to jones? Just watching his YouTube highlights he seems to be a good tackler with decent coverage skills. But it's also called highlights for a reason haha.

This draft could go honestly any direction other than QB. lol

Collins is going to be a solid player in the NFL, but the only problem is he is a big thick safety and is great against the run. He doesnt have the greatest range and athletic ability, quickness to cover deep in space... he is more of a safety you can bring up towards the line and he will fill and hit for the running game. It kind of matters what type of safety you are looking for your team.... and the only other problem is basically all the other safeties look awful (or at least not so good).

He has great range going forward just not backwards. He's kind of like a linebacker who has the ability to play at safety. But coyle seems to like to play his safeties close to the line, and let them play aggressive.

I wasn't high on Collins earlier, but I'm liking him more and more as time goes by. Especially since safety is becoming one of the hardest positions to fill via draft. That position just isn't getting the level of athlete and the development it use to get.

That gives Collins a lot of added value IMO. And unlike most safeties in the draft, he actually knows what he's doing.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 3m3 minutes ago
On @toucherandrich, Harvard OLB Zack Hodges said that at some Combine interviews, teams put cookies on table to see if prospect takes them

Owamagbe Odighizuwa also said that one scout asked him when he lost his virginity.

On @toucherandrich, Harvard OLB Zack Hodges said that at some Combine interviews, teams put cookies on table to see if prospect takes them

Owamagbe Odighizuwa also said that one scout asked him when he lost his virginity.

Some of the psychologists in these meetings need to be fired. That's some stupid stuff.

That's messed up, like of course everyone wants the cookie, but if you take it they might consider you the type who can't control themselves around temptation. But its still just a cookie.

DGB better not take the cookie.

That's messed up, like of course everyone wants the cookie, but if you take it they might consider you the type who can't control themselves around temptation. But its still just a cookie.

If they're putting it out there some guys would assume its for them, a thank you for coming to interview with us type of thing.

Over thinking the entire process has gotten so many people fired over the years.

Unless you are Jeff Ireland. Though his issue with Dez is about the norm from what I've heard (Josh Freeman said one team asked him out of nowhere if he liked wearing women's underwear)

:lol:

Over thinking the entire process has gotten so many people fired over the years.

Absolutely. The teams who just draft good football players and ignore most of the rest of the crap are the ones in the playoffs. I was just looking at the Ravens list of prospect meetings and it's full of the guys that jump out to me. I have no ability or reference points to critique a player for character concerns, weight issues, whether he eats the cookie, whether his momma's a ho. So I don't. And looking at the Ravens, it seems like they put higher stock in whether the guy can play football on Sunday or not. Which seems to be working for them. Incredible, I know...

Thats what I'd assume.... did they also put out a glass of milk?!

If they had no milk out there I would have had to have left and said I can't play for this organization...putting cookies on the table with no milk...how can I expect you to take winning seriously?

Back
Top Bottom