Combine Talk | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

agree with you on Waynes picking him and what he can do (though he really isnt coming from same scheme as Miami)

and agree with you on DL and WR in draft after... but the scary thing I am worried on is ILB... we'll fill nothing there possibly

ILB is going to have to be a FA, or hope Misi can stay healthy as he wasn't too bad when he was or someone like Perryman actually falls to the third.

Waynes played more quarters defense than people realize. Which is similar to what we ran.

ILB is going to have to be a FA, or hope Misi can stay healthy as he wasn't too bad when he was or someone like Perryman actually falls to the third.

Waynes played more quarters defense than people realize. Which is similar to what we ran.

Misi needs to go back to OLB if we really want to build our LB core.... we need to get an ILB in FA for an experienced guy to play/rotate/depth, but also we need to draft an ILB to develop and play as well for now and future.

problem is in the draft there is like NO ILBs... (my opinion) Kendricks is the main guy we need to get, Perryman wont fall into our pick in the second cause he is that good as a run stopped and will fill a teams need early, then McKinney has slowly shown me to liken him less but probably will be gone as well. huge drop off after these 3 guys in the draft... but then there is Paul Dawson whom I see gone by our second round pick too (unless attitude and combine really scare teams away) but I also think of him more as an OLB

Impressive Days:

Trae Waynes and Jalen Collins: both showed what they offer on film as well as better quickness, feet, and fluency. both have things to work on but definite ability to fix it... Jalen still has technique work with feet and needs to learn how to use his hands (from film) but both had great days that showed they can play!!!

Marcus Peters: showed his strength and athletic ability, moved well, 40 wasnt great but his game speed is, just overall effort is a question mark but he did well

Charles Gaines: plays at high energy LOL (lots of noises and talking during all his drills), impressed with his feet in and out of breaks, hips, and all... still his size, strength and against the run is questionable.

Ronald Darby: biggest talk of the day... he flew in the 40, was very quick in footwork and hips and back pedal, matched the game film nicely, his stock has risen... route awareness though?

Steven Nelson: may of had the most impressive day quietly... Amazing in and out of breaks and burst, feet were so quick, and he worked hard... love his day!!!

Senquez Golston: very impressive, great hands and so athletic in the drills... i worry on his mechanics and awareness on film, trying to always make a big play and leaving responsabilities

Josh Shaw: was very smooth in his movements as well

well rumors have been that NFL scouts were much higher on Waynes than people thought and many teams had him in the top 10.

well rumors have been that NFL scouts were much higher on Waynes than people thought and many teams had him in the top 10.

Yeah I'm waiting for someone to post "he won't be there when we pick" which has been the norm around here for anybody that seems to be a near unanimous want in the draft...i.e. Cooper, White, Shelton, Parker.

I've been talking up Darby as the best scheme fit for us for awhile now.

I forgot who it was, but someone here said he wasn't athletic enough, hah.

I said I wasn't sure about his speed. Obviously he proved me wrong today.

i've had him as all athletic in all ways... its his route awareness, recognition, physicality and technique i really worry about and still do. but NO DOUBT Darby shined today and has created possibly the most talk out of anyone... boosting up his stock!!!

but an announcer today mentioned him covering the slot with his abilities, and that seemed like a solid fit, i kind of liked that as a thought right now.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Yeah I'm waiting for someone to post "he won't be there when we pick" which has been the norm around here for anybody that seems to be a near unanimous want in the draft...i.e. Cooper, White, Shelton, Parker.

yup... this would drive me nuts, because my thoughts would be back at crap, there is nobody worthy of the #14... so lets trade down and obtain more 2nd/3rd round picks

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Looks like Draft Breakdown got some videos of Chris Conley out there after his ridiculous numbers at the combine.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/chris-conley/

nice!!! i can watch him in 2014 now more!!!

There's a possibility that he won't be there when we pick.

<heads to the corner>

In all seriousness: Thanks to you, Bane, and others who have been sharing their thoughts in this thread. I unfortunately do not have the free time that I used to (demanding job, two little kids), so being able to read the general consensus here is nice.

I think it absolutely is possible he won't but I think he's likely to be there as well. Same with Parker and maybe White and Shelton (if Chicago doesn't take him he'll fall to us)

That's the challenge. Miami needs a MLB, but the value isn't there at #14. I think I like Kendricks the best of the college guys, but he won't last until pick #47. The Dolphins could trade down, but I think there will be too much talent at #14 to do that. So Miami may be stuck with Misi for another year in the middle.

I think if I had to rank in order most likely #1 for Miami it would be something like this:

Brown DT (this is a big need prior to free agency)
Waynes CB (he moving up with a nice combine. I really like the player)
Williams TE (a little high perhaps, but I love what he would do for the offense)
Collins SS (very solid and a tad under the radar. Nice fit for Miami)
Collins OT/OG (this need hopefully will be filled in free agency)
Parker WR (love Parker, but doubt he gets past Minny)
Gurley RB (not a huge need for Miami, but could make a huge impact)
DGB WR (I still think #14 is too high, but man would he be tempting)
Strong (I also think #14 is high, but he is moving way up after his combine)

Any others?

That's the challenge. Miami needs a MLB, but the value isn't there at #14. I think I like Kendricks the best of the college guys, but he won't last until pick #47. The Dolphins could trade down, but I think there will be too much talent at #14 to do that. So Miami may be stuck with Misi for another year in the middle.

I think if I had to rank in order most likely #1 for Miami it would be something like this:

Brown DT (this is a big need prior to free agency)
Waynes CB (he moving up with a nice combine. I really like the player)
Williams TE (a little high perhaps, but I love what he would do for the offense)
Collins SS (very solid and a tad under the radar. Nice fit for Miami)
Collins OT/OG (this need hopefully will be filled in free agency)
Parker WR (love Parker, but doubt he gets past Minny)
Gurley RB (not a huge need for Miami, but could make a huge impact)
DGB WR (I still think #14 is too high, but man would he be tempting)
Strong (I also think #14 is high, but he is moving way up after his combine)

Any others?

I'm still not seeing the hype with Maxx, dunno why, I just don't see anything close to a mid 1st rnd pick.

I def put brown, Collins, and Collins, as worthy of 14 though. I wasn't high at all on Landon for awhile, but the more I watched the more I realized, he can really play.

Pair him up with Jones, and Coyle will have 2 physical safeties he can play close to the line the way he likes to.

I'm still not seeing the hype with Maxx, dunno why, I just don't see anything close to a mid 1st rnd pick.

I def put brown, Collins, and Collins, as worthy of 14 though. I wasn't high at all on Landon for awhile, but the more I watched the more I realized, he can really play.

Pair him up with Jones, and Coyle will have 2 physical safeties he can play close to the line the way he likes to.

I wouldn't take Maxx Williams in the first but a lot of teams will factor in that he's only 20, hasn't filled out yet and he will most likely get faster and stronger as his body matures. I could absolutely see him in play for New England who's been trying to replace Aaron Hernandez since he got arrested. They would love to go back to their two TE sets they ran all the time or some variation of it. It's a lot easier to find mismatches against linebackers in this league than it is CBs on the outside.

personally i am sad i missed a lot of Kevin Johnson due to them turning cameras to yapping away when he was up on almost everything.
Trae Waynes though after film and watching him today, all in all i am feeling pretty confident taking him at #14... something I have not said about many people in this draft yet.

Does Trae Waynes' poor shuttle and cone times trouble you? From watching film Waynes seems late when breaking on shorter routes. Given his poor showing on the cone and shuttle drills I think he lacks quickness rather then technique. What do you think? Am I wrong, or do you think his lack of quickness can be fixed through proper coaching?

Back
Top Bottom