Congratulations to Nick Saban. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations to Nick Saban.

Which is why I would prefer a playoff.....let Boise go up against Bama and settle it...

However, once Bama knocked Kellen Moore out of the game we'd be right back at square one again with all the "what if"....:lol:

LOL

I'm am 100% opposed to a college football playoff though.

tell that to Utah :)

Heck, even i'll admitt that Utah team was bad***.
We were uninspired and someother things went down,but they
beat us like a red-headed step-child.
Now that Utah team would beat Boise St. like as JC says Ike
beat Tina. (That's so wrong,but funny)

I knew you would fire back with this argument lol. C'mon man. Let's be honest here...Alabama's season ended when they lost to Florida. Alabama had nothing to gain and came out flat and uninspired. Utah's entire program was hinging on that game. It's not hard to see that Alabama was the better team. They send players to the NFL and Utah doesn't. Alabama is just better football. These bowl games are a joke. You can't look at who the better team is. You gotta look at which team is happy to be there and which team wants to be somewhere else. Miami is a better team than Wisconsin all day but we didn't want to be there. Wisconsin had a great season and was thrilled about getting to the Citrus Bowl.

And I knew someone would respond with exactly that excuse just as I realized that the game was over last night with the sidelining of college football's most productive QB in history. Who's to say the nucleus of the same team, had they fallen behind 14-0 wouldn't have reverted back to the poorly coached and inspired 09 bowl team you describe?

But we'll never really know for certain either way, will we? Remember, Alabama squeaked by Lane Kiffen's mediocre team, didn't they - and that's when they were actually trying I believe :up:

And I knew someone would respond with exactly that excuse just as I realized that the game was over last night with the sidelining of college football's most productive QB in history. Who's to say the nucleus of the same team, had they fallen behind 14-0 wouldn't have reverted back to the poorly coached and inspired 09 bowl team you describe?

But we'll never really know for certain either way, will we? Remember, Alabama squeaked by Lane Kiffen's mediocre team, didn't they - and that's when they were actually trying I believe :up:

You have kids right? Even if you don't, you know how hard it can be sometimes to motivate kids...especially teenagers. I might actually buy what you're saying if Alabama - Utah was an isolated case but I've seen it way too often. It's the reason why USC goes into Ohio State and pounds them but doesn't get up for Washington. I get it. It's understandable but NOT acceptable.

Every single bowl season you have teams that feel slighted by the system and it hangs over their head. It's just like the kid who doesn't want to be at the family renuion. He's whiny and ready to go. He's made his appearance. He ate some pie. He's over it. These kids show up, they don't want to be there, they get their bowl gifts, take some pictures, and then, "Awww **** we still have to play a game. Alright, let's get it over with."

:lol:

Rivalry games are always tough.....especially the old SEC rivalry games....

Boise struggled to beat Tulsa and UC Davis......

But we can play this game.....Pick just about any NC team you want and I'll show a game where they lost or almost lost....

Bottom line is Alabama's 13th National Championship is validated any way you want to look at it....the butthurts are the one's that have to deal with it....not the Bama coaches, players, or faithful...

Roll Tide..

You have kids right? Even if you don't, you know how hard it can be sometimes to motivate kids...especially teenagers. I might actually buy what you're saying if Alabama - Utah was an isolated case but I've seen it way too often. It's the reason why USC goes into Ohio State and pounds them but doesn't get up for Washington. I get it. It's understandable but NOT acceptable.

Every single bowl season you have teams that feel slighted by the system and it hangs over their head. It's just like the kid who doesn't want to be at the family renuion. He's whiny and ready to go. He's made his appearance. He ate some pie. He's over it. These kids show up, they don't want to be there, they get their bowl gifts, take some pictures, and then, "Awww **** we still have to play a game. Alright, let's get it over with."

:lol:

Yes I do have kids and the oldest has always been, errr, unmotivated and problematic up until recently .. so to some extent I understand what you're saying.. except in this case we're talking about athletes who are there with a mission, and pride and the coaches who supposedly motivate them - not kids who don't care about getting kicked out of a few high schools and making poor decisions that can influence the rest of their lives. Big difference IMO although I get your distinction but am not really buying it. I agree with Slim Jr: set up a seeded top 8 team playoff and let the games begin and chips fall where they may.

Until that happens, the contention that one well coached 14-0 team will dominate another one mostly due to the relative competitiveness of the conferences and caliber of players recruited is merely that since as you point out motivation and readiness is an important part of the equation!

Rivalry games are always tough.....especially the old SEC rivalry games....

Boise struggled to beat Tulsa and UC Davis......

But we can play this game.....Pick just about any NC team you want and I'll show a game where they lost or almost lost....

Bottom line is Alabama's 13th National Championship is validated any way you want to look at it....the butthurts are the one's that have to deal with it....not the Bama coaches, players, or faithful...

Roll Tide..

Spin it as you want and crank out those pejoratives, but they're not the only team left standing*

Motivation and readiness is absolutely an important part of the equation. But I look at football the same way I look at general life around me and my career. It's all the same really. You have parents and kids, coaches and athletes. It's all the same. I can understand a lack of motivation on the football field just like I can understand a lack of motivation in the classroom for a particular subject. But both parties have to meet in the middle and get it done, you're right.

But I hate the idea of a playoff watering down my college football. College football is great because every game matters every week. How many of us skip out on college basketball until March Madness? I know I do. Outside of the Hurricanes, I might watch one college basketball game. It's completely irrelevant basketball. It's good basketball don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't matter as much. I don't want to feel the same way about my college football. I'd be all for a +1 system but this crazy talk of 16 teams, etc....GTFO lol.

Spin it as you want and crank out those pejoratives, but they're not the only team left standing*

Like I said....I would prefer to see the game just to shut some people up finally...

I've always hated the current system and would rather see it playout on the field.....the KIDS deserve that....

But it still wouldn't be enough....someone would find a way to scrutinize that even....once Kellen Moore met the same fate that all the other QB's that faced Alabama this year did....then they'd whine about Bama knocking his *** out of the game and say it wasn't fair...

Bama would probably run for 400 yards on Boise with the Ingram/Richardson combo......Jesus....Ryan Matthews ripped of three 60-70 yard TD runs against them in ONE game...

Bama beat 6 teams that were ranked in the top 10 this season...and none of them were really all that close...

Who'd Boise beat? TCU? Oregon? Who lost to Ohio St....who lost to USC...who lost to Oregon....

It's a vicious circle Vaark...:lol:

Motivation and readiness is absolutely an important part of the equation. But I look at football the same way I look at general life around me and my career. It's all the same really. You have parents and kids, coaches and athletes. It's all the same. I can understand a lack of motivation on the football field just like I can understand a lack of motivation in the classroom for a particular subject. But both parties have to meet in the middle and get it done, you're right.

But I hate the idea of a playoff watering down my college football. College football is great because every game matters every week. How many of us skip out on college basketball until March Madness? I know I do. Outside of the Hurricanes, I might watch one college basketball game. It's completely irrelevant basketball. It's good basketball don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't matter as much. I don't want to feel the same way about my college football. I'd be all for a +1 system but this crazy talk of 16 teams, etc....GTFO lol.

But it still matters every week cause only 8 teams can be ranked high enough to make it into the playoffs. If U think about it JCane, whether the season culiminates with a playoff or not, being a top 10 team remains critically important in terms of booster support, credibility with top recruits, coaches resumes/earning potential, and television revenues. In all due respect, I can't see several extra elimination games diluting the interest in the regular season. And can't we say the same about the NFL playoff which begins after more games are played regular season and less worthy teams wedge their way in as wildcard or champions from weak divisions? To me, it's the same difference. And Alabama might embarrass Boise St but is it a bad thing in reinforcing their credibility that they're the only team standing end of season? But then again, if Boise St wins, that just serves to emphasize the B(C)S, helps them in their recruiting and gets them on national TV more often. Either way, isn't that fair?

Like I said....I would prefer to see the game just to shut some people up finally...

I've always hated the current system and would rather see it playout on the field.....the KIDS deserve that....

But it still wouldn't be enough....someone would find a way to scrutinize that even....once Kellen Moore met the same fate that all the other QB's that faced Alabama this year did....then they'd whine about Bama knocking his *** out of the game and say it wasn't fair...

Bama would probably run for 400 yards on Boise with the Ingram/Richardson combo......Jesus....Ryan Matthews ripped of three 60-70 yard TD runs against them in ONE game...

Bama beat 6 teams that were ranked in the top 10 this season...and none of them were really all that close...

Who'd Boise beat? TCU? Oregon? Who lost to Ohio St....who lost to USC...who lost to Oregon....

It's a vicious circle Vaark...:lol:

I'm not disagreeing, but as I just said in the above response to JCane, either it solidifies Alabama's claim by leaving them the last team standing, or it underscores the BCS inequities and validates just how extraordinary a Boise State team is considering the competitive and recruiting disadvantages. Everyone wins. What's wrong with that?

Since you mentioned "the kids" it's especially fair to the overachieving Boise St players to have an opportunity to face the best in schools that wanted no part of them, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not disagreeing, but as I just said in the above response to JCane, either it solidifies Alabama's claim by leaving them the last team standing, or it underscores the BCS inequities and validates just how extraordinary a Boise State team is considering the competitive and recruiting disadvantages. Everyone wins. What's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with it....the BCS is a joke....but that's not Saban's fault...or Greg McElroy's fault...or Mal Moore's fault...or Chris Peterson's fault..

The only thing you can do to validate or solidify or whatever word you choose to use in order to justify the current system is to take the body of work into consideration....and Alabama stands head and shoulders above any team since the inception of this flawed system...

Even a +1 would suffice....but all the excuses the University presidents, NCAA, etc. give as to why it's not an option are at best total bull**** even on it's face..

Nothing is wrong with it....the BCS is a joke....but that's not Saban's fault...or Greg McElroy's fault...or Mal Moore's fault...or Chris Peterson's fault..

The only thing you can do to validate or solidify or whatever word you choose to use in order to justify the current system is to take the body of work into consideration....and Alabama stands head and shoulders above any team since the inception of this flawed system...

Even a +1 would suffice....but all the excuses the University presidents, NCAA, etc. give as to why it's not an option are at best total bull**** even on it's face..

So long as March Madness exists, and now there's even talk about expanding the field, then any of the standard NCAA excuses remain transparent hypocritical bull****

yes, and congratulations to Chris Petersen for leading your team as far as the BCS would allow you*. Too bad we'll just never know if all things had been equal......:boohoo::chuckle:

I'm satisfied with where Boise State ended up. They shut a lot of the talking heads up and I feel that they've finally gotten a bit of respect. The Virginia Tech game will be HUGE.

But I still don't buy this "team x would destroy BSU" stuff. I've heard it waaay too many times. Inspired, uninspired, too big, fast, etc, etc, etc.

Ryan Clady was a two star recruit. How does that work?

I'm satisfied with where Boise State ended up. They shut a lot of the talking heads up and I feel that they've finally gotten a bit of respect. The Virginia Tech game will be HUGE.

But I still don't buy this "team x would destroy BSU" stuff. I've heard it waaay too many times. Inspired, uninspired, too big, fast, etc, etc, etc.

Ryan Clady was a two star recruit. How does that work?

Next season,...with Boise St. coming out ranked real high and
go undefeated,and with the seasons you have put together
I think you should get to play for the BCS.Beat VT..and I think
everything will come together...It would be cool with me to see
Bama and Boise St play for the title next year.

Back
Top Bottom