Congratulations to Nick Saban. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations to Nick Saban.

No..the load of crap is our idiot owner Wayne and some of his cronies
meddled way to much in Saban's business here.
He was supposed to have total controll but Wayne couldn't stop from
listening to some of his cronies and tried to "guide" some Nick's hire.
For Example,not allowing Nick to name Will Muschamp,who is the next
Saban,defensive coordinator for "freaking' Richard Harris" was the first
straw.
Then when Mueller had Waynes' ear about Brees not being worth the
money based on the doctors report was the final straw.
Mal Moore had already offered Nick the Bama job,before the season was
over.
Nick said he would not look for a job until the season was over to not
mess up a small chance we had at the playoffs.
The boosters at Bama decided they could not wait for a answer so they
offered it to Rich Rod.
So basically when Nick said what he said "Rich Rod" had been offered
the job.
Mal Moore made it clear to Rich that he wanted Saban and that Rich was
not his first choice.
Rich decided to turn down the job..(Thank God")opening the door back open for Nick.
Wayne had such a great track record while owning the Dolphins.

Just out of curiosity, would your thoughts be the same about Saban had he left the Fins to go coach, let's say.....the Auburn Tigers? Or would you dislike him as much as alot of us do?

I think he's a great coach, but he ran from the challenge of the NFL as quick as he could get that Alabama moving truck into South Florida.

Just out of curiosity, would your thoughts be the same about Saban had he left the Fins to go coach, let's say.....the Auburn Tigers? Or would you dislike him as much as alot of us do?

I think he's a great coach, but he ran from the challenge of the NFL as quick as he could get that Alabama moving truck into South Florida.

Yes..if I had personal conversations with him at Auburn like I have had
at Bama.
It's not so much as being pro-Saban as being anti-Wayne.
Saban was here for 2 years,he didn't mess this franchise up for the decade in 2 years.Wayne on the other hand almost destroyed this
team.Look at Wayne's track record.
Look at what he did to the Marlins.
Wayne is not the lovable old "Mr. Monoply" guy some people think he is.

Yes..if I had personal conversations with him at Auburn like I have had
at Bama.
It's not so much as being pro-Saban as being anti-Wayne.
Saban was here for 2 years,he didn't mess this franchise up for the decade in 2 years.Wayne on the other hand almost destroyed this
team.Look at Wayne's track record.
Look at what he did to the Marlins.
Wayne is not the lovable old "Mr. Monoply" guy some people think he is.

Never said Wayne was blame free.....you're right he is a giant a**.

I listen to guys like you and Tedslimm tell everyone to take their homer glasses off, you should really do the same. Saban is coaching the college team you are a fan of, your opinion of him is obviously biased because of that. I can't blame you for that, because I may feel the same had Saban left to go coach the Canes. Saban may not have wrecked the franchise in 2 years, but blaming it on everyone else and then running away is the action of a 2 year old. He didn't even have a meeting with his coaches, just took off and had a conference call if I remember correctly. There was a reason why the staff in Davie celebrated when he left.....and it wasn't because they knew we were going after Cam Cameron.

I flat out don't like the guy, didn't before he went to the Dolphins, but I wanted him to succeed because I love the Dolphins.

Never said Wayne was blame free.....you're right he is a giant a**.

I listen to guys like you and Tedslimm tell everyone to take their homer glasses off, you should really do the same. Saban is coaching the college team you are a fan of, your opinion of him is obviously biased because of that. I can't blame you for that, because I may feel the same had Saban left to go coach the Canes. Saban may not have wrecked the franchise in 2 years, but blaming it on everyone else and then running away is the action of a 2 year old. He didn't even have a meeting with his coaches, just took off and had a conference call if I remember correctly. There was a reason why the staff in Davie celebrated when he left.....and it wasn't because they knew we were going after Cam Cameron.

I flat out don't like the guy, didn't before he went to the Dolphins, but I wanted him to succeed because I love the Dolphins.

I'm cool with that.
When it all when down..I was torn apart being a Tide alum and Dolphin
fan,untill I learned more about what happened.
Nick does has his faults and the real truth is most likely somewhere down the middle.Both sides needs to take some blame.
As much as I love my Tide,I've seen Bama win titles before,so,you might
not believe me,but,if I could trade that title last night for a Dolphins Super
Bowl win ,I would do it in a heartbeat...

I'd really like to be greedy and get both at the same time.

Me being a Canes fan, can we trade Randy Shannon for a Dolphins Super Bowl win?

I'm cool with that.
When it all when down..I was torn apart being a Tide alum and Dolphin
fan,untill I learned more about what happened.
Nick does has his faults and the real truth is most likely somewhere down the middle.Both sides needs to take some blame.
As much as I love my Tide,I've seen Bama win titles before,so,you might
not believe me,but,if I could trade that title last night for a Dolphins Super
Bowl win ,I would do it in a heartbeat...

I'd really like to be greedy and get both at the same time.

I think you are missing the point. Nobody cares whose fault it is that Saban quit on us. It is not even an issue that he quit. Many coaches quit, many players quit. No biggie. The issue is that he stood, during a press conference, and said "I will not be Alabama's coach."

As we all know now, he already had a deal at that time. What is even worse is that he lied with a straight face and he looked believable. Only people who are used to lying and do it frequently can be straight faced liars.

I do believe he pulled the same stunt with LSU.

I think you are missing the point. Nobody cares whose fault it is that Saban quit on us. It is not even an issue that he quit. Many coaches quit, many players quit. No biggie. The issue is that he stood, during a press conference, and said "I will not be Alabama's coach."

As we all know now, he already had a deal at that time. What is even worse is that he lied with a straight face and he looked believable. Only people who are used to lying and do it frequently can be straight faced liars.

I do believe he pulled the same stunt with LSU.

True and many times over he has said he handled that wrong and if
he could ,he would have probaly done it differently.

No..he talked with his AD at LSU about the Miami job.

So now Satan's 5-6 in Bowl games...surpassing his impressive 15-17 pro record. A win is a win is a win of course, but IMO, this one was akin to beating The Colts in a game, (not to mention the playoffs), with Peyton sitting on the bench...a tad tainted. To his credit though, he had a great year and he did it with a nucleus of HIS players recruited this time as compared to going 9-7 with mostly Wanny's guys.

Along with 2 BCS National Championships and going undefeated in SEC regular season play 2 years in a row...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on Nick Saban...but no sense in discrediting the achievements of the kids that have earned it...and trust me...they've earned it..

At least liken it to beating the Colts in the playoffs after you've KNOCKED Peyton's *** out of the game....

...this defense has a track record of doing this....it didn't just come out of the clear blue...

The more balanced, more physical, better coached, and better team won....and it usually does...

You looking for another job on the down low and Nick Saban lying to everyone are completely different. It's not like H Wayne was paying him in peanuts, he was making $5 mil. He heart wasn't in it because it was harder to win in the NFL than college and Nick doesn't like to lose. So he lied and bolted back to college. Spare me the argument about "best for himself and his family". That is a load of crap.

That's what you do in life when you have family. You do things that benefit you an your family. Saban wasn't happy here. His heart is in college football. He's on record saying that. It's not that his heart wasn't in the NFL because it was harder. No one works harder than Nick Saban. He took a dead program to the pinnacle of college football. He didn't do that by sitting on the coach watching Oprah. Nick Saban loves working with kids as opposed to grown men who are paid to play. It's no different than the random fan who likes college football more than he does the NFL. His wife wasn't exactly thrilled about Miami. She's a noted small town girl. Tuscaloosa is a nice little college town.

I don't blame Saban. Some of you talk about what an awful coach he was and then complain because he left lol. Why? If he was so awful shouldn't you be happy he left? Did he handle his decision in the best way? Probably not. But we've all done some dumb **** in life and it's just not under the microscope. Let it go people.

Oh....and Nick...

Congratulations...:lol:

yes, and congratulations to Chris Petersen for leading your team as far as the BCS would allow you*. Too bad we'll just never know if all things had been equal......:boohoo::chuckle:

yes, and congratulations to Chris Petersen for leading your team as far as the BCS would allow you*. Too bad we'll just never know if all things had been equal......:boohoo::chuckle:

I'm telling you right now...Alabama would beat Boise State like Ike did Tina lol.

tell that to Utah :)

I knew you would fire back with this argument lol. C'mon man. Let's be honest here...Alabama's season ended when they lost to Florida. Alabama had nothing to gain and came out flat and uninspired. Utah's entire program was hinging on that game. It's not hard to see that Alabama was the better team. They send players to the NFL and Utah doesn't. Alabama is just better football. These bowl games are a joke. You can't look at who the better team is. You gotta look at which team is happy to be there and which team wants to be somewhere else. Miami is a better team than Wisconsin all day but we didn't want to be there. Wisconsin had a great season and was thrilled about getting to the Citrus Bowl.

Which is why I would prefer a playoff.....let Boise go up against Bama and settle it...

However, once Bama knocked Kellen Moore out of the game we'd be right back at square one again with all the "what if"....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom