Connor Williams might have to retire | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Connor Williams might have to retire

Yeah, if Riddick is saying it, I tend to believe it. Dude is extremely connected and he doesn’t say **** just for clicks.

Bummer for Williams. I actually like the direction we’ve gone with our new center. He’s certainly a drop off in pass blocking but he has the ability to help make our ground game straight up lethal. Plus, he actually appears to be able to snap the ball right into Tua’s hands, which is something that’s kinda important for a Center to do. I won’t know what to do with myself when Tua isn’t busy snatching ankle high snaps that throw off the entire damn timing of pass plays. 😂
My concern w our new center is he’s small at 275 and we weren’t moving DLs enough in the middle last year. Hopefully he doesn’t get blown up like Eich did

It was our left tackle. I don't remember who was playing left tackle that game. Not Armstead. But I distinctly remember he used leverage with his left arm and shoulder to shove the right end directly into the back of Williams' legs.

Somebody in this thread blamed the Ravens. That was not only the wrong game it was friendly fire
Yep 👍

It was our left tackle. I don't remember who was playing left tackle that game. Not Armstead. But I distinctly remember he used leverage with his left arm and shoulder to shove the right end directly into the back of Williams' legs.

Somebody in this thread blamed the Ravens. That was not only the wrong game it was friendly fire
I think it was Brandon Jones! I kid, I kid!

I remember thinking it was eich but maybe lamn?

An ACL tear can be so complex, "frayed" or "wavy" that it is irrreparable, but I doubt any tear alone would prevent total reconstructive surgery with a graft. As earlier posts point out, nerve, vascular, or extensive related structural damage might preclude getting back to an "NFL playable" knee. I'd guess Williams will play again, but will sign a late, and smaller contract, but purely a guess. I feel bad for the guy.

Didn’t he walk off the field under his own power? I feel awful for the guy

The surgeon would know if he was able to repair it or not. Dolphins medical staff must have known this months ago. Interesting that it only surfaces now in free agency, after we have acquired a replacement Center.

Torn is torn, had to be other damage.
Having never experienced this injury I don't have any firsthand experience, but if the tear is close to the bone I imagine it would only complicate a good "re connection".?

If this turns out to be the end of his career, it clearly shows why players need to get their money while they can.

If not for the injury Williams would have likely signed a contract to become the highest paid center in the NFL. While I hated seeing Wilkins, Hunt, and AVG leave the Dolphins in free agency. Taking the money they were offered was certainly the best thing they could do for themselves and their families.

Back
Top Bottom