Could Dolphins Move Kenny Stills? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Move Kenny Stills?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk this offseason about Jarvis Landry and his contract status with some "trade Landry" threads. But if the team is to move a wide receiver Kenny Stills might make more sense.

Stills had an outstanding season last year and was clearly on the same page with Ryan Tannehill. That could also be the case with Jay Cutler, although it looks like DaVante Parker could be the favorite target for Miami's new starting quarterback.

While Stills is a nice deep threat and should excel with Cutler as well, the emergence of Jakeem Grant can't be understated. Grant can do some of the things that Stills can at a rookie contract.

Moving Stills would give Miami the financial ability to re-sign Landry and maybe get a high draft pick or a starting caliber player from another club.

Not advocating a trade, but just putting it out there for discussion.

Doubt it considering his production, the optics considering he gave us a home town discount and the work he does in the community. There's no guarantee he's gonna develop a chemistry with Cutler similar to the one he had with Tannehill, but it's probable he proves somewhat effective and is more of a stretch the field threat than Grant IMO, regardless. And if there's confidence that RT17 will return healthy, Stills has proven himself to be a valuable resource for him.

nope. certainly not because of our 5th wr

There's been a lot of talk this offseason about Jarvis Landry and his contract status with some "trade Landry" threads. But if the team is to move a wide receiver Kenny Stills might make more sense.

Stills had an outstanding season last year and was clearly on the same page with Ryan Tannehill. That could also be the case with Jay Cutler, although it looks like DaVante Parker could be the favorite target for Miami's new starting quarterback.

While Stills is a nice deep threat and should excel with Cutler as well, the emergence of Jakeem Grant can't be understated. Grant can do some of the things that Stills can at a rookie contract.

Moving Stills would give Miami the financial ability to re-sign Landry and maybe get a high draft pick or a starting caliber player from another club.

Not advocating a trade, but just putting it out there for discussion.
Hell no.
Kenny is going nowhere. Great seam threat, great production td wise and fave of the organisation as far as Ross is concerned with his community work. Thems the guys you keep. Period. Hence the extension.

Kenny is a great kid. Love his attitude. Gase loves him. I'd only move on from Stills two years from now, when you gave to pay both Parker and Landry. Even then, honestly, Stills' eight million is not crippling. We may have to put a chunk of our cap at receiver in 2019 but you do what you need to do. These are good football players. I'd continue playing to your strength.

I doubt Caroo ever amounts to much. It's very unfortunate. If we would have kept those picks, there is more significant talent we could have brought in. Jake Butt has injuries but I'd take him over Caroo big time, for the long term. And he'd help fill a long term need.

We are lucky to have Gase, but the FO's thought process is still a huge concern. When fans have better ideas than the FO, there's a problem.

I don't even understand how an idea like this comes to mind he's a vital offensive player

If they ever agree on a long term deal for Landry, then I doubt Stills sees out the entirety of his contract. Parker is going to get huge money in a few years. Can't afford all three. I'm confident that Parker will be the best and most important to keep.

Carroo has shown little to nothing as of yet though, so thankfully we don't have this problem right now. I like Grant as a situational deep threat but I don't see Tyreek Hill in him as a full time receiver.

Back
Top Bottom