Could Dolphins Move Kenny Stills? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Move Kenny Stills?

Miami was 6th with 56 rushes of 10 yards or more...Buffalo #1 with 77
Miami was 9th with 33 passes of 25 or more yards...Washington was #1 with 45

I think the metric I saw used the combined total of runs of 20+ yards and passes of 40+ yards.

some teams pay huge $ for OL's, DL's, qb.....we will pay and keep our WRs. Especially this year if their dynamic play gets more wins.

There's been a lot of talk this offseason about Jarvis Landry and his contract status with some "trade Landry" threads. But if the team is to move a wide receiver Kenny Stills might make more sense.

Stills had an outstanding season last year and was clearly on the same page with Ryan Tannehill. That could also be the case with Jay Cutler, although it looks like DaVante Parker could be the favorite target for Miami's new starting quarterback.

While Stills is a nice deep threat and should excel with Cutler as well, the emergence of Jakeem Grant can't be understated. Grant can do some of the things that Stills can at a rookie contract.

Moving Stills would give Miami the financial ability to re-sign Landry and maybe get a high draft pick or a starting caliber player from another club.

Not advocating a trade, but just putting it out there for discussion.

IMG_2815.PNG

Don't see it, but I would like to see Tanni and Suh restructure to keep Landry. We also know Landry would like to be paid as a top 5 receiver, negotiation 101. Start negotiations w/ a high number. Will he stick to that? I doubt it. Maybe he settles on somewhere in the top 7-10 range. I

f Gase is building a culture here similar to the Patriots in the coming years, the players will have to be reasonable w/ there contracts in order to keep core players. They have got to realize this. If they pull it off and somehow get to the playoffs this year w/ all the injuries, this team is legit and Gase has really got something going. The players will then have to give a little if they want to keep guys like Landry, Parker, etc..

Is the cap scheduled to go up much this next year?

I read that Miami was like the 2nd best big play offense in the entire NFL in 2016. Stills and Ajayi were the two biggest reasons for that.

Stats are very misleading. We only scored more than 30pts only 6 times last season to be the 2nd best big play offense. I'm sure the Steelers, Patriots, Packers score more than 30pts on a weekly basis because of the big play potentials. If we were the 2nd best big play team with Tannehill, we will be # 1 with Cutler based on his gunslinger mentality.

What are you talking about? What's misleading? I never said we had a top scoring offense, I said that we were one of the best teams in the league at creating big plays.

The fallacy in thinking here is that "big plays = points production" when the fact has always been that defensive turnovers and stops = more opportunities. You combine that with the ability to convert on third downs, that's what creates points.

Stats are very misleading. We only scored more than 30pts only 6 times last season to be the 2nd best big play offense. I'm sure the Steelers, Patriots, Packers score more than 30pts on a weekly basis because of the big play potentials. If we were the 2nd best big play team with Tannehill, we will be # 1 with Cutler based on his gunslinger mentality.

I believe you are supposed to exclude the pick 6's in that calculation.

I believe you are supposed to exclude the pick 6's in that calculation.
Lol funny. I think everyone is too down on Cutler. He's an all world talent. Just needs Gase to work his magic to harness his best out of him

Hell no....Gase loves Stills (Pouncey, Landry, Tannehill, and a few others)...he won't be moved (at least this year)...

"stats can be misleading". Continues post that bastardizes statistical analysis.

Lol funny. I think everyone is too down on Cutler. He's an all world talent. Just needs Gase to work his magic to harness his best out of him

Who posted the recipe for Kool-aid in the culinary thread?

Both Gase and Martz were only minimally successful by having to manage him and reel him in. Think Favre 0.2

*0.2 is not a typo

Back
Top Bottom