Could this be part of the problem | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could this be part of the problem

He should surround himself with proven, experienced, coords. He's a first time HC trying to learn on the job. Surrounding yourself with a bunch of inexperienced coaches is a recipe for disaster.

McVay hired Phillps as his DC. He has HC experience and is an invaluable resource. Both of Pedereson's coords have HC experience. Those experienced coords will dictate what they want from their position coaches. Right now we have the blind leading the blind.

That would be the smart move, but instead he is starting to remind me of Philbin by surrounding himself with coaches that's aren't capable of taking his spot if he's fired mid-season.

No let's keep calling for a new coach every two years because that brings stability.
I know right, it's hard to keep hearing the constant chatter of replacing HCs after two or three years

Can you even name the Jags Head Coach without looking him up? Or any of their staff?

Marrone has a good mix of experience and young coaching talent. Plus you can't discount the presence of Coughlin.

All I know is that the Jets overachieved this year and have $100M in cap space. The Dolphins played their usual lousy season and have around $17M in cap space. You tell me if Tannenclown deserves his position?

Gase got few years. Ross will fire Gase but still keep T Bum. That's our problem

When Tannenbaum is running the team you have to blame the guy who hired him. The owner. There is literally NO excuse for him to have a job in the NFL. None. At all. It's like I'm living a nightmare every time I think about how our owner let Tannenbaum... TANNENBAUM!... run out the only half-way decent GM we had in years. Maybe Hickey would have failed, but what kind of business drives out a guy who has done his job so far in favor of... ****ING TANNENBAUM!

I haven't been hard on Ross for a lot of the stuff he's done as the owner, but the Tannenbaum decision is inexcusable and that single decision is ruining years of possible development for this entire organization.

Let's also not forget that TBum would have accepted a Woody demotion to capologist if prospective candidates to replace him hadn't had a problem with him still being in the front office. So essentially Ross hired as football czar a Peter Principle'd out GM who would have been happy reporting to a GM!

Of course then there's his lackey Grier, who Tbum used to circumvent the Rooney Rule. You know, Chris Grier, a mediocre, middle level personnel good soldier who only sniffed GM jobs when used as a minority prop by other teams. It's just as likely that with a real football man coming in to run things, Grier would have been sent packing instead of being de facto GM Tannenbum's useful idiot.

Last edited:
Gase would rather hire a bunch of nobodies as his assistant head coaches. He just wants to hire people he knows, even though those people are not very good.

Agreed!

Plus, Tannenbaum is a complete joke. I can’t believe this bum still has a job. The OP pointed out that TannenBUM is an attorney. I didn’t know that but now everything is clear to me. Attorneys are smooth ****ing liars who will always find a scapegoat. No wonder he is still around and not going anywhere. Ross is too stupid to see though the attorney BS.

Coughlin Has always been a hard ass and build teams with depth. I lived in Jacksonville in 95 when the Jags started. I wish we had someone like him in the FO running our team. Hell, Peyton Manning even with no experience would be an upgrade over the bum we have now.

If Tom Coughlin was such a genius as a general manager, he wouldn't have picked up Bortles fifth year option and trotted him out on the field every week. He is literally the worst quarterback I have ever seen throw a pass in the NFL. How is it possible for a guy to make it to an NFL level and not be able throw a spiral or complete a three yard pass? Can you imagine how many games Jacksonville would have won if they just had a crappy qb? They would be a super bowl contender with just better than average qb play.

Coughlin isn't the reason that team is good, it is because they have been bad for so long they were able to invest a lot of premium picks on super talented defensive players and they all gelled at the same time.

Last edited:
I thought Marino was our football guy in the front office, special advisor or something?

Back
Top Bottom