Could this be part of the problem | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could this be part of the problem

We tried this already remember. We had Parcells do the same exact thing. It never works out in the end due to that "exec" getting tired of the job.

Gase would rather hire a bunch of nobodies as his assistant head coaches. He just wants to hire people he knows, even though those people are not very good.

Nepotism, or the act of providing or receiving opportunities due to a family relationship or friendship

How can we be so bad for so long, across multiple regimes? Could it be our scouts? I understand many of them have been employed by the Dolphins for a long time.

could it be the constant 'win now at any cost' philosophy that permeates the league? When you have FO's and/or coaches making decisions based on the short term instead of the long term health of the team, you get Miami (and a bunch of others)

Realistically, who sets the strategy for this team? Tannenbaum? We've discussed his credentials. Gase? Based upon what, exactly? The fact that he was Peyton Manning's o-coordinator at one point? Grier? This guys has been a part of the front office for some time now, and we have no idea who he has been responsible for scouting, signing, or drafting.

We basically move from crisis to crisis. There is no overall philosophy. It's sickening.

You say that because they won today right?

Marrone was underrated in Buffalo. They had a top defense while he was there, in fact his 2014 squad was one of only two teams to miss the playoffs with the number one passing defense according to Football Outsiders. Funnily enough the other team was also the Bills from the early 2000's or something.

The Jags are for real, they aren't a fraud playoff team like the Bills, or we were last season.

Pittsburgh should load up vs the run and spy the qb

Score any points at all on o vs the jags d and it’s curtains

I’m surprised in the 2nd half buffalo didn’t spy bortles

Can you even name the Jags Head Coach without looking him up? Or any of their staff?

I know the point you are trying to drive home based on the post quoted in yours, but I couldn't pass up the chance to answer!

Doug Marrone is the coach duh! As for his staff, only two names I really know off top of head.. Perry Fewell(had Bills defense playing hella good years ago) is the Secondary Coach, and Tony Sparano Jr is the Asst. Offensive Line coach!!! I know those names because before the Gase hire, while people were thinking Gase was a long shot, dreaming of Hue Jackson, etc.. I was wishing loudly for Doug Marrone. That man is a solid coach that gets the support and attention of his players without all the Rex Ryan approach/vibe. I was happy as hell when he stepped away from the Bills, that team was starting to become scary good and going in right direction under him at the time.

To the OP, if you want a prime example of difference between Tom C. and Mike T., go back and look at the Jags game from today. Look at the owner's son celebrating a TD with his hand clapping and mini air humps while right next to him, Tom C. is face first looking down at his papers. Now go look at Dolphins game and see Mike T. basically bragging with his gestures "look what I put on the field! See that, that is because of me!!!" Nah in all seriousness(though the Tom C. thing did happen today, may be in highlights, not sure), Tom brings a very old school approach to football, whereas Mike brings a somewhat fairly newish approach to football with his numbers and ideas.

Realistically, who sets the strategy for this team? Tannenbaum? We've discussed his credentials. Gase? Based upon what, exactly? The fact that he was Peyton Manning's o-coordinator at one point? Grier? This guys has been a part of the front office for some time now, and we have no idea who he has been responsible for scouting, signing, or drafting.

We basically move from crisis to crisis. There is no overall philosophy. It's sickening.

No because he's our HC and has been for two years now.....he took us to the playoffs last year.

What I was bringing out in the post was the absolutely massive difference between a proven veteran, hard nosed, old school football coach who's won 3 Super Bowls and coached at every possible level from college to pro for decades vs a soft, New York Agent/ Attorney whos best asset is being able to convince Steve Ross that he has value and is not a loose gun and a detriment.

Is there anyone in this organization that can step up and be the Architect of the Miami Dolphins turnaround? I don't think we have him. Marino is at all the games sitting in the owner's box next to Nat Moore. Is he stepping up? Could he if he wanted to? I doubt it. So who's going to save this team? Gase?

The Jags are exactly the type team Tony Soprano envisioned the Dolphins could be when the puppet master handed him the job. Power run, playaction pass combined with a ferocious defense.

Marrone was underrated in Buffalo. They had a top defense while he was there, in fact his 2014 squad was one of only two teams to miss the playoffs with the number one passing defense according to Football Outsiders. Funnily enough the other team was also the Bills from the early 2000's or something.

The Jags are for real, they aren't a fraud playoff team like the Bills, or we were last season.

Jags aren’t for real. Beating Buffalo isn’t a monumental task. Yeah Taylor makes Miami look like **** but that’s bc Miami stinks.

Now if JAX gets a real QB they will be for real. Right now they’re just fodder that benefited from a division that historically has been very average.

Meh, we did the hardcore football guy who won multiple super bowls guy as VP before with Parcells. How'd that work out?

Everyone seemed to love him last year and now they hate him this year. Let's see what year 3 brings before we chase him out of town. I'd be inclined to give him more than one more year unless next season is truly disastrous

Stop posting commons sense stuff around here!

Back
Top Bottom