Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US

Oh but don't post these facts here, according to some people here fans are required to buy tickets and if they lived here they would buy tickets too. :lol: What they don't know is that if they moved here there's a good chance they may not find a job for a good while.

I don't understand how joking about unemployment is comical to you...? Especially on a Dolphins fan forum? Not in good taste.

So...when Orlando FL population eclipses the "Miami Metro Area" then everyone will be living in the "Orlando Metro Area"??
It makes just as much sense.
IMHO..the "South Florida Metro Area" is a better way to describe the area.

I don't make the rules.

I just point out the obvious. I agree that "South Florida Metro Area" is a better way to describe the area.

All I know is, the "Miami Metro" area runs from Miami-Dade all the way up to parts of Palm Beach County and that's just how it is. If it didn't include parts of PBC, then it wouldn't be one of the top 10 metro areas in the country. But this is how all "metro areas" are. Parts of Connecticut and Pennsylvania are in the New York metro area. That's how metro areas work.

I don't understand how joking about unemployment is comical to you...? Especially on a Dolphins fan forum? Not in good taste.

I think you missed what he was saying...

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Do you live in South Florida?

Greenville, South Carolina.

At least your still close to the ocean dude. i miss that the most.

Not surprisingly, people who come here from countries where corruption is open and rampant also bring that style of governing.

Although that doesn't explain Chicago, hrm.

Well of course Miami is horribly run, we have one of the most corrupt local governments in the US.

I have taken the time to read all posts, good and bad. I believe I can offer a fair perspective on Miami Beach because I live there, and have been a project manager in construction for over 20 years.

Miami Beach is now around 50% Spanish, and from a political standpoint, they vote. This means that they have political influence. How does this happen? Because non-Hispanics do NOT vote. This will do it every time.

From a job standpoint, I hire the best people for the job, and do not care where they are from. This has nothing to do with money, as all are paid fairly and pretty well.

Over the years I have found Spanish workers, as a whole, better than American workers, in general with many exceptions. This is a reflection on us, not the Spanish, etc.

As to the language barrier for some, understand that South Beach and Miami have a lot of Spanish people here, as well as visiting. Anybody want to go to Iowa ? :)

So now I have a problem with Hispanics because I'm being forced to learn another language yet I'm supposed to take solace in the fact that I walk into the largest store in the U.S. (Walmart) in one of the biggest cities in the U.S. (Miami-Dade) and I can't get assistance because the door greeter doesn't speak a lick of English? What's wrong with that picture? I have no problem with Hispanics being a "majority" in 2050 . . . I do think if the U.S. is going to allow entrance of any immigrant, whether Cuban, Haitian, Japanese to become U.S. citizens, there should be regulations on them learning atleast some type of English and certainly shouldn't be allowed to have jobs (legit jobs) if they are "too ignorant" to learn enough English to get by.

It's a joke if you think I have a problem with Hispanic people though, in fact, I have a weakness for latina women . . . and I've almost lost my relationship with my wife twice over them. Those are some bad bitches and I've had my fair share of them in my teens and 20's. I have friends from the DR, PR, Cuba, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Haiti, Jamaica, Guyana, Trinidad, Mexico . . . and we do club nights, house parties for boxing matches, dominos night, etc. I do not dislike any culture, I'm not that shallow to use heritage to determine if I associate with a person . . . however that doesn't mean what goes on in Miami is right and I stand by it wholeheartedly.

And I know enough Spanish, French and German to "get by" . . . so don't call people simpleminded because they live in a country who's national language is English and they don't learn full blown Spanish because of the way Miami is . . . that is nuts, and its the mindset of many ignorant Hispanics down in Miami. The sad part is, when I have done this vendor work in Miami, there are times when a 12 year old child can't even understand wtf I am saying in English. How on earth are these kids in school when they don't even comprehend English? But I guess you are cool with that because "It's Miami".

Reread what you posted and see how any of that isn't the dumbest thing you could have said in response to what I said? You basically said you would **** our women but **** the rest of us... even the children.

Do you think I don't think you are prejudice just because you slander an entire people and then follow it up with a socially acceptable anecdote about banging spanish broads? So according to you, you are not racist because you like to **** cholas? Really? Impressive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprisingly, people who come here from countries where corruption is open and rampant also bring that style of governing.

Although that doesn't explain Chicago, hrm.

Have you ever heard the phrase "absolute power corrupts absolutely!" Corruption has existed since the dawn of time... everywhere...

No I'm cool with that because you are a privileged ignoramus who can't even sympathize with a 12 year old. You are too simple to be humble. You wouldn't know right if it was next to your left. Reread what you posted and see how any of that isn't the dumbest thing you could have said in response to what I said? You basically said you would **** our women but **** the rest of us... even the children.

Do you think I don't think you are prejudice just because you slander an entire people and then follow it up with a socially acceptable anecdote about banging spanish broads? So according to you, you are not racist because you like to **** cholas? Really? Impressive!

Can't sympathize with a 12 year old? We live in the United States, I'm guessing when I see 12 year old kids I'd expect them to be in some kind of educational institution that his teaching him the way of life . . . which in the United States should include some sort of English. What is so hard to understand about that? The issue is not about him speaking Spanish to his family or Spanish being his primary language . . . the problem arises when I ask him a question that my 5 year old godson can understand and respond to in English and this 12 year old child in the United States cannot. That is a problem. And no the kid was from Miami, lives in Miami, goes to school in Miami.

I didn't say **** anybody's kid? Where do you get this from? I don't blame him for not being able to understand me . . . because it is not his fault about him not being able to communicate in English, it's sad to be honest with you.

And yea I like to **** latina bitches . . . and my wife is from Trinidad, another island from the beautiful Carribbean. I love my white girls, my black girls, my Spanish mamis and my Asian Babies . . . And your point is? I don't need your permission to **** any bitch . . . buddy.

But lol @ you. You think you are so logical . . . but your babbling bull**** makes you look like a damn idiot.

Have you ever heard the phrase "absolute power corrupts absolutely!" Corruption has existed since the dawn of time... everywhere...

Your response to Miami being corrupt is "EVERYWHERE is corrupt!" but with a quite little quote (that you misquoted). Stop talking down to people who are actual working adults. You're clearly out of your element but you're so arrogant and know SO LITTLE that you don't even realize just how much you actually don't know.

Tell you what, give us an opinion when you don't live with your parents anymore kid.

Honestly I'm laughing at this little kid trying to lecture on activism and equality like he's demonstrated even a minute example of each.

It's simple, you really shouldn't discount anyone based on their nationality or their native tongue, but you should absolutely be willing to adapt to an area you live. I learned some dutch while in Holland, I've learned a bit of French while living up here in Toronto. I lived in Miami. I lived in West Palm Beach. I lived in Jupiter. I loved all those places, but some things are plain and simple fact.

Whoever said that it's because hispanics are very active politically hit the nail right on the head. They are one of the easiest voting groups to manipulate (much like the elderly, and black women 32-46). I can't believe my education from my junior year at FSU like 8 years ago actually stuck!

Honestly I'm laughing at this little kid trying to lecture on activism and equality like he's demonstrated even a minute example of each.

It's simple, you really shouldn't discount anyone based on their nationality or their native tongue, but you should absolutely be willing to adapt to an area you live. I learned some dutch while in Holland, I've learned a bit of French while living up here in Toronto. I lived in Miami. I lived in West Palm Beach. I lived in Jupiter. I loved all those places, but some things are plain and simple fact.

Whoever said that it's because hispanics are very active politically hit the nail right on the head. They are one of the easiest voting groups to manipulate (much like the elderly, and black women 32-46). I can't believe my education from my junior year at FSU like 8 years ago actually stuck!

You make it sound like they are too stupid to think for themselves.

Look, I'll put it in words even you can understand... If you think any hispanic is dumb or lazy for not being able to speak English, then you are being prejudice or racist or hateful or ignorant or *insert your own adjective.*

Why? Because you are not taking into consideration a plethora of variables... like... how long he/she has been in the country or how capable they are of finding an affordable class to learn english, etc.

Crazy I know this is hard for you to imagine... but not every 12 year old gets to go to school... even in the U.S. there are child labor law violations every single day... specially amongst the latino population.

Don't speak ignorantly about things you do not know. I know you feel entitled because you have a "job where you use your logic every day", or whatever nonsense you said, but you apparently don't use that logic when you leave work.

You have no idea what it means to be a hispanic.

You have even less of an idea of what it means to be an immigrant.

And you absolutely have no idea what it means to be a hispanic immigrant or refugee in the United States living in poverty.

You do not know what real life is... you only think you do from your petty and superficial relationships with others... and btw just because you are older than me and you have what you feel is a better position than me socially does not mean you are one bit more knowledgeable or credible than I am. You are pompous and your lack of empathy for anything other than yourself is laughable.

By the way, I am a political scientist who has specialized studying the ethno-diversity and socio-economic progress of south florida extensively, seeing as i did most of my schooling here, but that would only help to further back my facts with credibility and I don't want you feeling like a total douche. Or do I? You know the answer to that.

I bet you are gonna say, how it is possible for a political scientist to be so dumb or ignorant. Save it. I could care less for whatever excuse you have for your racism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom