Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US

Every time I've been to SOFLA I've spent bunches of money and had a ****ing amazing time.

But I doubt I could live there though, something about it just doesn't appeal to me on a permanent basis.

I hate it when people who have a problem with minorities disguise it as having a problem with the language. It's Miami! Little Cuba! You learn the language you ignoramous. Public schools in all of the country offer spanish speaking classes to english speakers. Do not be mad because you are too simple minded to understand another language. When I went to South Korea I attempted to learn the language and I only went for 2 weeks and still to this day I know how to say hello "anyong-haseo" and thank you "camsamida."

If you have a problem with people speaking spanish then educate yourself or move because hispanics have only just begun to boom in south florida and the United States. There are statistics that say hispanics will be the majority in the entire United States by 2050.

The history of the United States is based on immigration and adaptation. It seems like some of you just don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I really just read you calling people ignorant for not learning Spanish because people who are newcomers to the USA don't bother learning Spanish??

While using an example of some 2 week vacation you took where you had to learn the language of the culture you, the outsider, came into? Really? You don't see the issue with your logic?

I understand your point, but holy **** are you misplaced.

The funny thing is the hotel workers in Cuba speak much better english than some of the hotel workers I encountered in South Beach.

Your lack of logic is insulting and belittling. You compare the struggle of a Hispanic who cant speak English but is trying to do his job to the struggle of an English speaker who is hearing someone speak improperly or in Spanish and is bothered. One is an actual struggle to adapt the other is a willing ignorance to adapt.

It's saddening and disturbing.

No.

Inside of city limits, Miami has roughly 400K in population. Columbus, Ohio is actually bigger than Miami. In Miami-Dade County, there are only roughly 2.5M in population.

Now, if we're talking metropolitan areas, the Miami Metro area is one of the largest in the country because it encompasses Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, Jupiter, Pompano Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and other surrounding communities.
Don't forget to include New York City.

No.

Inside of city limits, Miami has roughly 400K in population. Columbus, Ohio is actually bigger than Miami. In Miami-Dade County, there are only roughly 2.5M in population.

Now, if we're talking metropolitan areas, the Miami Metro area is one of the largest in the country because it encompasses Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, Jupiter, Pompano Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and other surrounding communities.

The Miami Metro area only encompasses the Miami Dade county area. Broward and Palm Beach counties are not part of Miami Metro. ..thankfully...

Your lack of logic is insulting and belittling. You compare the struggle of a Hispanic who cant speak English but is trying to do his job to the struggle of an English speaker who is hearing someone speak improperly or in Spanish and is bothered. One is an actual struggle to adapt the other is a willing ignorance to adapt.

It's saddening and disturbing.

The English speaker is speaking the language of the USA, he is not required to adapt. When you move to a foreign country...you learn to speak their language. Call it belittling if you want, but it is logical.

Back
Top Bottom