"Cromartie can't escape Marshall" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Cromartie can't escape Marshall"

I thought the best corners in the league made game changing plays like INts and sacks thats why they get DPOY. I guess I just don't understand all the hype about int's and sacks then.

Don't get into a battle of facts or common sense with Junc... He's armed with neither of these weapons. You're better off beating your head against a brick wall. :hsmash:

Slow down there a little Timmy. Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane, Rod Woodson, Ed Reed ( I know not a CB but still a DB), and Lester Hayes just to name a few had better seasons then him.

He is good but lets not get to crazy with that Kool Aid. Almost forgot Champ Bailey I think have to check on that one.

Soon it will be S.Smith and V.Davis (well one can dream).

Show me a corner who was matched up w/ the types of WRs Revis was matched up w/ in the 2009 season and shut the down the way revis did.

I thought the best corners in the league made game changing plays like INts and sacks thats why they get DPOY. I guess I just don't understand all the hype about int's and sacks then.

Revis led our D to the #1 ranking and to the AFC Title Game.

I don't know if woodson was matched up w/ the oppsoing top WRs(he should be if he is in revis' league) but let's compare:

vs. ochoCinco:
Woodson(1 game): 4 recs, 91 yds, 1 TD
Revis(2 games): 2 recs, 28 yds

Revis vs. top WRs(Moss 2x, A. Johnson, Colston, S. Smith, Wayne 2x, Ochicinco 2x):

9 games: 24 recs, 247 yds, 1 TD(4 yds)
avg: 2.7 recs, 27.4 yds, .12 TDs

Woodson vs. top WRs(ocho, Rice 2x, Austin- though it was before he got on his great run, Holmes, Fitz 2x):

7 games: 29 recs, 397 yds, 5 TDs
avg: 4. 1 recs, 56.7 yds, .71 TDs

Don't get into a battle of facts or common sense with Junc... He's armed with neither of these weapons. You're better off beating your head against a brick wall. :hsmash:

Instead of hurling insults if you just paid attention you might learn a thing or 2 so you won't look quite as foolish the next time you engage in an argument w/ another poster.

Where is Revis Island? Junc

4293897119_aa35617c5f-1.jpg

Revis has face Marshall just one time are I right? it was 2008 and Marshall had 5 catches for 55 yards. thats the most relevant thing here. Ochho cinco, s.smtih even Colston are not on Marshalls level. He has far better physical skills. I agree Andre Johnson is a beast very comparable to Marshall in physical tools. and yes Revis has done well against him. how bout versus Fitzgerald? idk if he played Revis yet, should have in 2008. the only guys you can put up there with Marshall are Andre Johnson, Fittzgerald and I'd agrue Calvin Johnson. how does Revis fair against them? Revis CAN NOT single cover Marshall I doubt anyone can. if Marshall makes the catch he breaks the tackle (like he does better then any WR) and is gone. I dont think Revis can shut down Marshall completely thats all Im saying here

Show me a corner who was matched up w/ the types of WRs Revis was matched up w/ in the 2009 season and shut the down the way revis did.

Revis led our D to the #1 ranking and to the AFC Title Game.

I don't know if woodson was matched up w/ the oppsoing top WRs(he should be if he is in revis' league) but let's compare:

vs. ochoCinco:
Woodson(1 game): 4 recs, 91 yds, 1 TD
Revis(2 games): 2 recs, 28 yds

Revis vs. top WRs(Moss 2x, A. Johnson, Colston, S. Smith, Wayne 2x, Ochicinco 2x):

9 games: 24 recs, 247 yds, 1 TD(4 yds)
avg: 2.7 recs, 27.4 yds, .12 TDs

Woodson vs. top WRs(ocho, Rice 2x, Austin- though it was before he got on his great run, Holmes, Fitz 2x):

7 games: 29 recs, 397 yds, 5 TDs
avg: 4. 1 recs, 56.7 yds, .71 TDs

Instead of hurling insults if you just paid attention you might learn a thing or 2 so you won't look quite as foolish the next time you engage in an argument w/ another poster.

Well what about the C.Bailey post I made? No response.

Trust me, there's nothing you're teaching that's worth knowing and nothing more foolish than a troll on the rivals forums constantly trying to prove that he's no homer. :rolleyes2:

Let me break it down into a format even you could understand.

DPOY > not DPOY

Glad I could clear that up for you. :3w:

Champ vs. top Wrs(Ocho, Moss, Austin- again before he started putting up #s, Holmes, Wayne):

5 games, 19 recs, 280 yds, 0 TDs
avg: 3.8 recs, 56 yds

Again, against lesser competition the opposing WRs put up better #s and I don't know if he was covering welker or Moss against NE or how he was macthed up w/ the other top guys.

Think about that, in 9 games against better competition Revis allowed 247 yds against him while in 5 games against lesser competition Champ allowed 280.

lesser competition gave Revis a little trouble, no? :chuckle:

Well what about the C.Bailey post I made? No response.

Champ vs. top Wrs(Ocho, Moss, Austin- again before he started putting up #s, Holmes, Wayne):

5 games, 19 recs, 280 yds, 0 TDs
avg: 3.8 recs, 56 yds

Again, against lesser competition the opposing WRs put up better #s and I don't know if he was covering welker or Moss against NE or how he was macthed up w/ the other top guys.

Think about that, in 9 games against better competition Revis allowed 247 yds against him while in 5 games against lesser competition Champ allowed 280.

Revis is a great CB, no doubt about it and I think it's safe to say that all of us Dolphin fans would love to have him in Miami. With that said, no matter how great he is or what his stats were, it's all about wins and losses and the fact remains that Miami beat the Jets not once but twice last year with Revis on the field. The how's or why's of losing a game are irrelevant.

This year, the Jets have made some upgrades and Miami has made some upgrades. And like last year, the better team will win the games. Last year, the Jets may have ended up having the better season but Miami had the better team. Losing to an opponent once, you can maybe use the argument of luck, or home field or injury factored into the outcome. Losing twice to the same team in a season no matter what the score, there is no argument to be had. In 2009, the Miami Dolphins were the better team than the New York Jets.

Here's to Miami being the undisputed better team again in 2010.

Revis is a great CB, no doubt about it and I think it's safe to say that all of us Dolphin fans would love to have him in Miami. With that said, no matter how great he is or what his stats were, it's all about wins and losses and the fact remains that Miami beat the Jets not once but twice last year with Revis on the field. The how's or why's of losing a game are irrelevant.

This year, the Jets have made some upgrades and Miami has made some upgrades. And like last year, the better team will win the games. Last year, the Jets may have ended up having the better season but Miami had the better team. Losing to an opponent once, you can maybe use the argument of luck, or home field or injury factored into the outcome. Losing twice to the same team in a season no matter what the score, there is no argument to be had. In 2009, the Miami Dolphins were the better team than the New York Jets.

Here's to Miami being the undisputed better team again in 2010.

Isn't it better to help lead your team to the Championship game? i think that trumps 2 meaningless reg season losses.

Back
Top Bottom