"Cromartie can't escape Marshall" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Cromartie can't escape Marshall"

You're proving my exact point. With the "HEAD AND SHOULDERS" above Woodson. That's nonsense, and homer talk.

First of all Woodon wasn't nearly as protected as Revis. Green Bay has a so-so front 7, yet Woodson still helped Green Bay win games commiting game changing turnovers. Be it from interceptions or forced fumbles.

Among all corners, Woodson tied for 1st in sacks and defensive TDs, 2nd in interceptions and forced fumbles, 5th in solo tackles, 9th in total tackles,

No Revis is not "MUCH" better. There is more to a cornerback than just covering a receiver down field.

I'll put it like this. At this point in their careers, Revis is better with the blanket. But Woodson is much better with the baiting.

Hahaha Jake Long is overrated. See this video for proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1k_1GukEwo

1 play makes a season? Guess that is how simple minded some of the guys on here are. What is there to laugh about with thinking Revis will shut down Marshall? Revis has yet to really get destroyed in a game. Sorry I don't see it happening.

I also love how you guys think Revis will get tossed around by Marshall, people thought Vincent Jackson would do that and Revis won that battle. Jackson is a 6'5 WR.

The guy who posted the video of Evans scoring a TD on Revis is not very bright, considering that was Revis' rookie season and Elam the bone headed player he was came and hit his own teammate Revis who would of had the INT.

You're proving my exact point. With the "HEAD AND SHOULDERS" above Woodson. That's nonsense, and homer talk.

First of all Woodon wasn't nearly as protected as Revis. Green Bay has a so-so front 7, yet Woodson still helped Green Bay win games commiting game changing turnovers. Be it from interceptions or forced fumbles.

Among all corners, Woodson tied for 1st in sacks and defensive TDs, 2nd in interceptions and forced fumbles, 5th in solo tackles, 9th in total tackles,

No Revis is not "MUCH" better. There is more to a cornerback than just covering a receiver down field.

I'll put it like this. At this point in their careers, Revis is better with the blanket. But Woodson is much better with the baiting.

Woodson doesn't come close to Revis in coverage, he gave up 5 TDs last year and was beat a lot. Hes a good player but Revis is the better CB right now. He also looked like a fool in the playoffs. And BTW the Packers had a better pass rusher than the Jets had last year in Clay Matthews who had more pressures and sacks than anyone on the Jets. The Jets pass rush was invisible if they didn't blitz, which also made it even more impressive with how Revis was able to cover his guy with the safeties blitzing in.

We don't judge corners on sacks so it's silly to add that when discussing these 2.

Our front 7 has no pass rushers, the biggest reason we can blitz so much and get to the QB is b/c Revis takles away half the field and takes away the opponents biggest receiving threat.

revis is by far better than woodson, did you see revis get beat up like Woodson did in the playoff game against Ari?

Revis is easily a top 3 corner in the league.

Thing is, Brandon Marshall is easily a top 5 receiver.

Brandon is bigger, and stronger. I'm confident that he'll be able to block Revis, and make a few plays. Whether he'll burn him a lot or not depends upon Henne, I think. Brandon himself has the talent to do it, but he needs perfect play from a quarterback to ensure Revis can't play on the ball.

Revis had a HOF type season last year. He is the best CB in the NFL. IMO, he should have won DPOY, no question. He is talented enough to cover anyone. That being said, it is unlikely he will match last season's production. His level of play was off the charts. Expect a few WRs to have at least decent games against the Jets.

Marshall vs. Revis will be a great matchup. Hopefully both guys stay healthy for a long time and we get to see some great football.

We don't judge corners on sacks so it's silly to add that when discussing these 2.

Our front 7 has no pass rushers, the biggest reason we can blitz so much and get to the QB is b/c Revis takles away half the field and takes away the opponents biggest receiving threat.

revis is by far better than woodson, did you see revis get beat up like Woodson did in the playoff game against Ari?

I know this is off topic but the Fins beat the Jets twice last year without Marshall, what do you think is going to happen this year, is Cromartie as an addition that much better than Marshall, that things are going to change in the Jets record against Miami.
I don't think so.

Show me where I said he was junk or average, I said he was a very good player, just not great yet, learn how to read. P.S. That statement shows my bias not objectivity. Typical Jet fan, duh.

To me, picking up one play and your opinion on that play is objectivity. Then saying the player is very good but not great because he let up one TD to Gin in 6 games shows your IQ being as great as Marshall and Pacman.

Marshall is a top 5 WR in the NFL right now. However, Revis, who is considered to be the 2nd best if not the best CB in the NFL, has proved it time after time after time that possession receivers do not bother him as much.

Hahaha Jake Long is overrated. See this video for proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1k_1GukEwo

1 play makes a season? Guess that is how simple minded some of the guys on here are. What is there to laugh about with thinking Revis will shut down Marshall? Revis has yet to really get destroyed in a game. Sorry I don't see it happening.

I also love how you guys think Revis will get tossed around by Marshall, people thought Vincent Jackson would do that and Revis won that battle. Jackson is a 6'5 WR.

:lol2:

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3"

2008:
16 games/ 96 receptions / 6 receptions/game /14.9 ypr /89.4ypg

vs Jets Revis 2008:
1 game/ 8 receptions/ 15.25yds/rec/ 122 yds

Looks like Fitzgerald, who along with A. Johnson and Marshall are the 3 elite WRs in the league actually had a better game vs Revis than his averages for the year against other CBs.

So much for the invincibility argument. Wait! You're gonna say that the Jest won that game, right? Well didn't Denver win the game where Marshall was limited to 5 receptions? Same difference unless you're a delusional jest fan.

Wow, you really are delusional. Compare what Revis has given up to what Woodson gave up last year. You'll notice why Revis is the better player. Woodson is Ty Law version 2.0. He is a gambler. He'll take his chances and go for the turnovers (int or fumble), but in the process, he'll let up a lot of yards and catches as well.

Look at the Green Bay Arizona playoff game. Woodson had some plays but gave up tons of yardage and a couple of TDs. That's the type of player he is.

:lol2:

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3"

2008:
16 games/ 96 receptions / 6 receptions/game /14.9 ypr /89.4ypg

vs Jets Revis 2008:
1 game/ 8 receptions/ 15.25yds/rec/ 122 yds

Looks like Fitzgerald, who along with A. Johnson and Marshall are the 3 elite WRs in the league actually had a better game vs Revis than his averages for the year against other CBs.

So much for the invincibility argument. Wait! You're gonna say that the Jest won that game, right? Well didn't Denver win the game where Marshall was limited to 5 receptions? Same difference unless you're a delusional jest fan.

Seriously, are you really going to take that game as a sample size? The Jets had a 30 something point lead at half time. They gave atleast a 15 yards cushion on every play in the second half. They played prevent D. Besides, Revis in Rex's scheme is different than Revis in Mangini's ball less defensive scheme.

Andre Johnson was held to one reception for the first three quarters in the season opener last year and got a couple of trash time receptions. Not sure where you got that.

Marshall had three receptions when Revis was NOT covering him. Atleast get your 'facts' straight.

I know this is off topic but the Fins beat the Jets twice last year without Marshall, what do you think is going to happen this year, is Cromartie as an addition that much better than Marshall, that things are going to change in the Jets record against Miami.
I don't think so.

Ted beat the Jets. Ted is no longer a Dolphin. Marshall is not a burner and Revis plays his best against such WRs.

Do you really think Dolphins will return two kickoffs for TD? I don't think so.

Revis is easily a top 3 corner in the league.

Thing is, Brandon Marshall is easily a top 5 receiver.

Brandon is bigger, and stronger. I'm confident that he'll be able to block Revis, and make a few plays. Whether he'll burn him a lot or not depends upon Henne, I think. Brandon himself has the talent to do it, but he needs perfect play from a quarterback to ensure Revis can't play on the ball.

Marshall is not a burner.

Ted beat the Jets. Ted is no longer a Dolphin. Marshall is not a burner and Revis plays his best against such WRs.

Do you really think Dolphins will return two kickoffs for TD? I don't think so.

So Ginn singlehandedly beat the # 1 Defense in the Nfl

Back
Top Bottom