"Cromartie can't escape Marshall" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Cromartie can't escape Marshall"

Darelle Revis is slowly becomming the single most overrated player in football. I don't know if it's the New York media hype machine or what, but my god.

And I say this even acknowleding that he is the best cover corner in the game. But my god still he is overrated.

He's very physical and has great technique. But he's not on this significantly higher level, than say a Nnamdi Asomugha or a Charles Woodson(the actual guy who won defensive player of the year).

This "Revis Island" bullshat. The notion that he shuts down elite receivers all game in man coverage with no safety help is absolute rubbish. He gets PLENTY of safety help.

Three years in the league doesn't make him great, slow down. He is a very good player, I'll give you that but to say he is great is a bit premature. There is no argument about the Lee Evans touchdown, sure he had good coverage, but he failed to come down with the ball. No matter the reason, it was still 6 points.

He is a great corner. How many years does he have to do it for you to call him great? He's the best in the game.

He had perfect coverage against Evans and was knocked over by his own team mate mid-INT. Do you not understand that? What are you even trying to argue? Are you arguing he didn't have great coverage because it was a TD?

Darelle Revis is slowly becomming the single most overrated player in football. I don't know if it's the New York media hype machine or what, but my god.

And I say this even acknowleding that he is the best cover corner in the game. But my god still he is overrated.

He's very physical and has great technique. But he's not on this significantly higher level, than say a Nnamdi Asomugha or a Charles Woodson(the actual guy who won defensive player of the year).

This "Revis Island" bullshat. The notion that he shuts down elite receivers all game in man coverage with no safety help is absolute rubbish. He gets PLENTY of safety help.
I wouldn't say he's on a significantly higher level than Nnamdi or Woodson, but I think he's definitely the best. Just look at what the opposing receivers did against each corner last year.

He's the best corner in the game. Sure Woodson won DPOY and had more INT's but he also got beat a lot more.

Every corner in todays NFL gets safety help, Revis included. He does get put on an island quite a bit though.

Three years in the league doesn't make him great, slow down. He is a very good player, I'll give you that but to say he is great is a bit premature. There is no argument about the Lee Evans touchdown, sure he had good coverage, but he failed to come down with the ball. No matter the reason, it was still 6 points.
OK, so are we picking up his TD plays he gave up and calling him average? That shows your objectivity. Let me show you the 99 ints Brady threw and the 181 ints Manning threw and we can call them the junk of the league. Atleast that's how fin fans act like.

Here, enjoy some of these highlights of some training camp scrub. Don't forget to see the part at 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ArujOq6FQA

Darrelle Revis Elite Victim List 2009 FYP!

Wk 1: Andre Johnson - 4 rec, 35yds; season avg - 5.9 rec, 91 yds, .5 TDs
Wk 2: Randy Moss --- 4 rec, 24yds; season avg - 5.2rec, 79yds, .8 TDs - 1 Pass Defensed, 1 Int.
Wk4: Marques Colston 2 rec, 33yds; season avg 4.6 rec, 78yds, .7 TDs - 2 Passes Defensed
Wk 6: Terrell Owens - 3 rec, 13yds; season avg - 3.4 rec, 62yds, .3 TDs - 3 Passes Defensed
Wk 10: Tory Holt ---- 2 rec, 24yds; season avg - 4 rec, 54yds, 0 TDs - 1 Pass Defensed
Wk11: Randy Moss - 5 rec, 34yds 1 TD; season avg - 5.2 rec, 79yds, .8 TDs - 3 Passes Defensed
Wk 12: Steve Smith - 1 rec, 5 yds; season avg - 4.5 rec, 60yds, .4 TDs - 3 Passes Defensed, 2 Ints
Wk13: Terrell Owens - 3 rec, 31yds; season avg - 3.4 rec, 62yds, .3 TDs - 5 Passes Defensed, 1 Int, 1 Defensiv TD.
Wk 15: Roddy White - 4 rec, 33yds; season avg 5.3 rec, 72yds, 0.69 TD - 3 Passes Defensed
Wk16: Reggie Wayne - 3 rec, 33yds; season avg - 6.3 rec, 79yds, 0.63 TD - 1 Pass Defensed.
Wk17: Chad Johnson - SHUT DOWN; season avg - 4.5 rec, 65yds, 0.56 TDs

Week 3, Tennessee, no elite WR. Week 5, Dolphins, Ted Ginn 1 flukey TD, no elite WR. Week 7, Oakland, no elite WR. Week 8 Dolphins, no flueky TD, no elite WR. Week 14 TB, no elite WR.

For your pleasure, I have highlighted every game where Revis held the #1 WR to less than their season avgs.

It's ridiculous for anyone to say Revis is overrated. He shut down everyone he went up against.

Am I the only one that realizes that Revis shutting Marshall down is a legit possibility? I'm not saying I want that to happen, I would LOVE for Marshall to own him. But people are acting like Revis is just some overrated scrub.

Junc agees with you. :lol:

Actually it will be very interesting, one of the best going against the other, but if Ginn had Revis number slightly, you never know what Marshall may be able to do.

5 receptions for 55 yards (11 yards a catch): Marshall vs the Jets 2008..Very Interesting indeed.

Marshall versus Revis will be a great matchup. I wold think that some games Revis may shut him down and some games marshall may light him up. Only time will tell.

For the fans on both sides of the ball, Revis is no doubt the best CB in the NFL. Marshall is top 3 WR in the NFL; however, he is more physical then Fitzgerald and A. Johnson making him a stronger match up against Revis.

Revis is also the beneficiary of a very good pass rushing defense. its not only Revis holding receivers below their average, its the entire defense holding down opposing passing attacks.

Good point, as we will take the great Revis having a good game as long as we continue to extend our 3-0 record vs the NY Gliders. Works both ways there troll.

The biggest reason you have this amazing 3 game win streak is b/c of ted Ginn.

Troll? :lol: who are you again?

Rex Ryans defense is 0-2 against the Dolphins, as-well. And got shredded one of those times both on the ground and in the air.

More importantly 2-1 in postseason- that's 2 more postseason wins then Sparano has as a HC or as a member of any NFL staff.

I have never seen such delusion. to question whether revis is great, did you watch the man shut down the best WR in thge game Andre johnson last year? did you watch him shut down Moss twice, OchoCinco twice, Colston, Steve Smith, etc...?

He was the best corner in the league last year and it wasn't close. Asomugah is on his level(woodson is not) but in the most recent season Asomugah wasn't on his level. Last year was one of the best seasosn ever by a CB.

Junc agees with you. :lol:

Actually it will be very interesting, one of the best going against the other, but if Ginn had Revis number slightly, you never know what Marshall may be able to do.

5 receptions for 55 yards (11 yards a catch): Marshall vs the Jets 2008..Very Interesting indeed.

I wouldn't use the Ginn comparison, there are times a player can fall asleep against lesser talent- it's how we get upsets. if NE plays NYG in 2007 10 times they win 9 but NE was asleep that important day.
I expect Marshall will have good days from time to time and Revis will have his good days. both are great players but to act like revis is overrated or that b/c ginn beat him on one play that marshall will take care of Revis is silly.

Marshall versus Revis will be a great matchup. I wold think that some games Revis may shut him down and some games marshall may light him up. Only time will tell.

For the fans on both sides of the ball, Revis is no doubt the best CB in the NFL. Marshall is top 3 WR in the NFL; however, he is more physical then Fitzgerald and A. Johnson making him a stronger match up against Revis.

Marshall is more physical that Andrew Johnson? Either way revis seems to play his best against physical WRs. The ONLY guy who gave him any trouble last year(outside of the one play against Ginn) was reggie Wayne and his his quickness.

Revis is also the beneficiary of a very good pass rushing defense. its not only Revis holding receivers below their average, its the entire defense holding down opposing passing attacks.

Our pass rush is all blitzing and having Revis back there to take away half the field allows Rex to blitz a ton and get pressure. We don't have any big time pass rushers, our scheme is what gets to the QB and it's usually hits on the QB and not sacks.

He is a great corner. How many years does he have to do it for you to call him great? He's the best in the game.

He had perfect coverage against Evans and was knocked over by his own team mate mid-INT. Do you not understand that? What are you even trying to argue? Are you arguing he didn't have great coverage because it was a TD?

I wouldn't say he's on a significantly higher level than Nnamdi or Woodson, but I think he's definitely the best. Just look at what the opposing receivers did against each corner last year.

He's the best corner in the game. Sure Woodson won DPOY and had more INT's but he also got beat a lot more.

Every corner in todays NFL gets safety help, Revis included. He does get put on an island quite a bit though.
I never said he didn't have great coverage, the fact is the end result was still a touchdown. He had great coverage but still let up the td. Did he have his hands on the ball?

OK, so are we picking up his TD plays he gave up and calling him average? That shows your objectivity. Let me show you the 99 ints Brady threw and the 181 ints Manning threw and we can call them the junk of the league. Atleast that's how fin fans act like.

Here, enjoy some of these highlights of some training camp scrub. Don't forget to see the part at 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ArujOq6FQA

Show me where I said he was junk or average, I said he was a very good player, just not great yet, learn how to read. P.S. That statement shows my bias not objectivity. Typical Jet fan, duh.

I never said he didn't have great coverage, the fact is the end result was still a touchdown. He had great coverage but still let up the td. Did he have his hands on the ball?

so in order to be truly great you cannot ever make a mistake? How was Marino great? he threw INTs, right? that's just silly.

LOL @ saying Charles Woodson isn't on his level. His Defensive player of the year award last year, his multi time pro bowls, and all pro selections say otherwise.

And how was my post delusional? I said I acknowledge that he is the best corner in the game. The guy is great player, I never said he wasn't great. But that doesn't mean he can't be overrated.

I mean the way some Jets fans talk him up, you would think he was playing in off man coverage all game. Locking down his target with no backend/safety help. And that just isn't the case. All I'm saying is he is not on the all world level higher than some other great corners in this game(IE Woodson and Aso).

LOL @ saying Charles Woodson isn't on his level. His Defensive player of the year award last year, his multi time pro bowls, and all pro selections say otherwise.

And how was my post delusional? I said I acknowledge that he is the best corner in the game. The guy is great player, I never said he wasn't great. But that doesn't mean he can't be overrated.

I mean the way some Jets fans talk him up, you would think he was playing in off man coverage all game. Locking down his target with no backend/safety help. And that just isn't the case. All I'm saying is he is not on the all world level higher than some other great corners in this game(IE Woodson and Aso).

He won DPOY b/c of his INts and sacks, he wasn't matched up against top WRs week in and week out and he wasn't nearly as dominant. It's not Revis' fault the voters don't truly understand the game.

revis is head and shoulders ahead of Woodson, that doesn't mean Woodson isn't good b/c he is but Revis as a cover corner is MUCH better than Woodson.

If the guy is the best corner in the game how can he be overrated?

Back
Top Bottom