"Cromartie can't escape Marshall" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Cromartie can't escape Marshall"

I think people are way to focused on the marshall vs revis.....where it's going to get interesting is 3rd down. I dont think our style will change to much where we run the ball A LOT.....several times last season Revis moved to cover Bess on 3rd down bc everyone knew that's where the ball was going to go.

If Revis and marshall effectively about cancel eachother out, that leaves Cromartie on what Im guessing will be Hartline. hartline had a pretty good rookie season and a lot of that was due to the fact that he is pretty big and physical. Not a burner by any stretch, but watching him and Cromartie should be interesting.

Bess is really the wildcard though....he led the team in receptions and yardage, mostly as a slot reciever. Not many nicklebacks in the league that can effectivly cover him....it will be interesting.

Hahaha Jake Long is overrated. See this video for proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1k_1GukEwo

1 play makes a season? Guess that is how simple minded some of the guys on here are. What is there to laugh about with thinking Revis will shut down Marshall? Revis has yet to really get destroyed in a game. Sorry I don't see it happening.

I also love how you guys think Revis will get tossed around by Marshall, people thought Vincent Jackson would do that and Revis won that battle. Jackson is a 6'5 WR.

The guy who posted the video of Evans scoring a TD on Revis is not very bright, considering that was Revis' rookie season and Elam the bone headed player he was came and hit his own teammate Revis who would of had the INT.

I have to say this is a little delusional... IF... Elam didn't run into him... IF this... IF that... IF... IF... IF...

The play ended in a TD and you guys are trying to spin it like Revis is somehow above the law. BECAUSE HE HAD POSITION????? THE PLAY ENDED IN 7 POINTS.

Maybe you think that every pass where a receiver is open should be counted a reception BECAUSE HE HAS POSITION... Since it is most obviously the QB's fault for over/under throwing him. :lol:

While you are dead on correct that the Evans play is not an example of Revis getting burned... It shouldn't be in his highlight reel either. I'm willing to bet that Revis himself would tell you he should have made that play. Like every good Corner in the game he HATES to get scored on.

Truthfully as far as I can see Revis gets the respect he should here... He also gets a good degree of hate but very rarely without that same respect. he is a great player on a Divisional rival... What do you expect?

I know this is off topic but the Fins beat the Jets twice last year without Marshall, what do you think is going to happen this year, is Cromartie as an addition that much better than Marshall, that things are going to change in the Jets record against Miami.
I don't think so.

the biggest reason you swept us was traded away too, let's not forget that. We didn't just add Cromartie, we added LT, holmes, we get jenkins and leon back, our rookie QB will be a 2nd year QB, our rookie RB will be a 2nd year RB, we'll be in year 2 of the defensive system, Braylon will be here for an entire season and offseason,...

if you think b/c you beat us twice last year and got Marshall that you will sweep us again you'll be in for a surprise.

:lol2:

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3"

2008:
16 games/ 96 receptions / 6 receptions/game /14.9 ypr /89.4ypg

vs Jets Revis 2008:
1 game/ 8 receptions/ 15.25yds/rec/ 122 yds

Looks like Fitzgerald, who along with A. Johnson and Marshall are the 3 elite WRs in the league actually had a better game vs Revis than his averages for the year against other CBs.

So much for the invincibility argument. Wait! You're gonna say that the Jest won that game, right? Well didn't Denver win the game where Marshall was limited to 5 receptions? Same difference unless you're a delusional jest fan.

So do you have the chart of which plays revis covered Fitz? did you know that game was over at halftimne and the 2nd half was basically garbage time when fitz had all his production, did you know revis scored a TD on an INT that game? Do you know Fitz is much better than Marshall?

This thread has been pretty funny. However, as a diehard fin fan its amazing at some of my fellow fans homerism. Revis is the best corner in the game right now peroid. Some said 3 years is to early to call him great...really? We think Jake is great how is that different? This is why we play the game but guys don't forget that Marshall vs. Revis is only 1 match up. There is so much more to it than that. Bottom line is they are both great players it will be fun to watch and would never shock me if one game Marshall out played him and in another Revis shuts him down. Thats what happens with great players. The one thing that I don't think can be argued against and is in our favor, having Marshall now DOES take away the fact that Revis will have to stay on him all game most likely giving us options with Hartline and in my opinion more importantly Bess

This thread has been pretty funny. However, as a diehard fin fan its amazing at some of my fellow fans homerism. Revis is the best corner in the game right now peroid. Some said 3 years is to early to call him great...really? We think Jake is great how is that different? This is why we play the game but guys don't forget that Marshall vs. Revis is only 1 match up. There is so much more to it than that. Bottom line is they are both great players it will be fun to watch and would never shock me if one game Marshall out played him and in another Revis shuts him down. Thats what happens with great players. The one thing that I don't think can be argued against and is in our favor, having Marshall now DOES take away the fact that Revis will have to stay on him all game most likely giving us options with Hartline and in my opinion more importantly Bess
Finally someone who actually sees it the way it is. I agree with you. There will be two games at least a year between these two great players and it will be a chess matchup, both players taking their turns.

The last thing you said being in your favor, I don't agree much. Cromartie was brought into the system to cover second WRs in the NFL. Hartline or Bess vs. Cromartie doesn't really calculate into Dolphins favor. I could be biased like anyone on this board, but if Cromartie was a Charger going against a 3rd stringer WR, I would take Cromartie. If Cromartie had to cover Marshall one on one, I'd probably go with Marshall.

Marshall is not a burner.

Really? You've never seen him stiff arm someone, or juke them and make a play for a touchdown?

Because I have. That's called 'burning', when you beat someone on a play.

And yes, Brandon Marshall has potential to burn any corner.

Finally someone who actually sees it the way it is. I agree with you. There will be two games at least a year between these two great players and it will be a chess matchup, both players taking their turns.

The last thing you said being in your favor, I don't agree much. Cromartie was brought into the system to cover second WRs in the NFL. Hartline or Bess vs. Cromartie doesn't really calculate into Dolphins favor. I could be biased like anyone on this board, but if Cromartie was a Charger going against a 3rd stringer WR, I would take Cromartie. If Cromartie had to cover Marshall one on one, I'd probably go with Marshall.

I really ment it works in our favor that revis is no longer covering bess or hartline at least they have a chance then haha

He's also been torched by much worse. See Ted Ginn

You mean the same Ted Ginn who got traded because he was/is a bust? You mean the same Ted Ginn who has been the subject of many a Dolphin forum over the past couple of years because he is so ineffective.

OHHHHH I know why you shot that Ted Ginn Jr. highlight when he torched Revis (and he did)...BECAUSE THAT WAS HIS ONLY RECEIVING TOUCHDOWN OF THE SEASON!!

OHHHHH I know why you only show those kickoff return touchdowns against the Jets....BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO OTHER TOUCHDOWNS HE HAD FOR ALL OF 2009.

Maybe the reason he was able to score against Revis is because the Jets looked at him like the joke of an NFL player he is and maybe took him for granted for a play or three. Not making excuses...Revis and the Jets DB's did get burnt on that play. But, maybe it was because Ted Ginn Jr wasn't deemed a threat at that time.

You may poke fun at the fact that Revis was smoked for a TD by such a loser...but I find it that the best get up to the best and that is what Revis does. Sorry if Ted Ginn Jr didn't qualify..

Again no excuses. It is what it is...Revis got burned. But if you think Marshall is going to do this to Revis I would have to challenge that claim..

The only game Marshall had vs Revis was in 2008 and Marshall's stats were
5 receptions for 55 yards no TD's. One reception was for 20 yards though. So that is 4 receptions for 35 yards. The Jets'll take that.

Really? You've never seen him stiff arm someone, or juke them and make a play for a touchdown?

Because I have. That's called 'burning', when you beat someone on a play.

And yes, Brandon Marshall has potential to burn any corner.

My bad bro. I thought stiff arming and juke moving for a TD was called 'play making' and that burning meant beating someone with their moves (before the pass) and speed.

Brandon Marshall does not have the speed to burn every corner. He is a great possession receiver, not a deep threat.

Last year was one of the best seasosn ever by a CB.

Slow down there a little Timmy. Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane, Rod Woodson, Ed Reed ( I know not a CB but still a DB), and Lester Hayes just to name a few had better seasons then him.

He is good but lets not get to crazy with that Kool Aid. Almost forgot Champ Bailey I think have to check on that one.

Soon it will be S.Smith and V.Davis (well one can dream).

Last edited by a moderator:
He won DPOY b/c of his INts and sacks, he wasn't matched up against top WRs week in and week out and he wasn't nearly as dominant. It's not Revis' fault the voters don't truly understand the game.

revis is head and shoulders ahead of Woodson, that doesn't mean Woodson isn't good b/c he is but Revis as a cover corner is MUCH better than Woodson.

If the guy is the best corner in the game how can he be overrated?

I thought the best corners in the league made game changing plays like INts and sacks thats why they get DPOY. I guess I just don't understand all the hype about int's and sacks then.

"This, in my opinion, was the best year a corner has ever had, the most impact a corner has ever had in the National Football League. That's my opinion. Apparently, that wasn't how everybody felt." Rex Ryan

Really the best ever!!! Now I see why you said that nyjunc.

Top CB's fall off from time to time. Funny how every year its a different CB that everyone talks about. Doesn't mean they aren't good still but sometimes they have a drop off. Maybe we will get lucky and see that with Reevis.

Slow down there a little Timmy. Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane, Rod Woodson, Ed Reed ( I know not a CB but still a DB), and Lester Hayes just to name a few had better seasons then him.

He is good but lets not get to crazy with that Kool Aid. Almost forgot Champ Bailey I think have to check on that one.

Soon it will be S.Smith and V.Davis (well one can dream).

Wait yeah Champ Bailey 2009.

I still think the year he had 10 picks might have been better or the one where he had 4 TD's but I picked this one just for you. How many TD's did D.Revis give up? I say a true lockdown CB gives up none esp. if it is the best season ever. I know he gave up 7 more rec and 185 more yards but not giving up any TD's make up for that little bit. And he didn't get burned by TED freaking GINN Jr and family. :tumbleweed:

Colorado Springs Gazette beat writer Frank Schwab, the area’s All Pro voter, tracked down detailed stats for the league’s cornerbacks and discovered that Bailey was the only one not to allow a touchdown this season, despite spending much of the season shadowing the opponent’s top receiver (like San Diego’s Vincent Jackson, Indianapolis’ Reggie Wayne and Philadelphia’s DeSean Jackson). According to Stats, Ic., Bailey allowed 47 catches for a total of 624 yards. That’s more than Jets star Darrelle Revis allowed (40 for 439 yards) but that Bailey didn’t allow even a single touchdown is impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom