Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

DGkMqVGVwAEMRRL.jpg:large

I'll let the homer in me take over and get behind this.

10 million isn't the worst in the world, although it worries me about signing Landry like everyone else, but we can and will find a way to keep him- I don't doubt that. Pouncey is likely gone, and we can find money in other places. Wouldn't be out of the world to ask Tannehill to restructure

I like that Cutler will already know the offense more or less... will take awhile to adjust, but I think our team overall is better than what the Bears had. I hope he still has enough of a rocket left to get it deep

Bushrod said he was a good teammate... but I still feel uneasy about that.. he quit smoking and tried to get healthier supposedly? That's good

Tannehill- get the surgery ASAP, and get back to us. 2018 better behold- a new young back up qb, new guards, and a new center. Get him set up for success. Play out his contract or extend if he shows worthy

Did you mean "not getting free stonecrabs"......that was the bet and NO...you won't be getting as (as neither will I).

But.....to give credit where it's due......prop to the poster who called the and guaranteed it....haven't seen him post back yet but he has every right to comeback with an "I told you so!"

I don't think he had many posts on Finheaven but he called it so congrats!

I guess I had it backwards, I thought he was saying that we definitely wouldn't be signing Cutler.

First we sign Cutler, now I have to pay for my own stone crabs, oh the humanity!

Regardless of where you stand on Cutler, can't help but feel like this the the first step into the Tannehill Farewell Tour.

Well I guess it's official. Tannehill must be out for the year. :(

Cutler is someone who Gase has proven he can work with, knows the system, and can get us through this year. IMHO, he was probably the best option out there because there was no great option.

I guess this is when we figure out who is a real Dolphins fan and who just wants to play Owner/GM/Coach in Madden. It was never "our" decision, it was always up to Gase and the front office. If we trust in Gase, and I do, then we will get behind Cutler and wish him the best, even if our expectations are somewhat lower.

There is no denying that Cutler has some arm talent. He also has done well under Gase. If nothing else, his style should work particularly well with DeVante Parker--a big target who adjusts to the ball very well, Jarvis Landry--who catches everything, and Julius Thomas--a seam threat with size and a large wingspan.

Last year we played some teams close that should have blown us away, such as games at Seattle and at New England. We won some games with very little offense, such as at LA (Rams). We will likely be a hot and cold team this year ... but there are still a lot of reasons for hope. Outside of the QB, our offense has improved with the maturation of Parker and Ajayi. Hopefully, we'll have Pouncey back. We added a big seam threat TE in Julius Thomas and a great run blocking TE in Fasano, who should keep things tight in the locker room.

On Defense our LB corps was abysmal, but now joining our only good LB, Kiko, are a veteran Timmons and a very talented rookie in McMillan. We should be more organized, much better vs. the run, and overall harder to exploit. Our secondary should be considerably better with a healthy Reshad Jones. Add to that, 2 more veteran safeties, we should have 2 real safeties for just about every game, as opposed to having 1 real safety for about 10 games and 0 real safeties for the other 6. That allows Michael Thomas to compete at the Nickel. Also, adding Alteraun Verner heats up that nickel competition considerably. Then with Maxwell able to heal fully, getting the system, and having a year of adjustments to scheme, team and city, we should get more consistently good play from him. Having Xavien Howard healthy is huge. Lippett continues to hone his craft. And adding the rookie Tankersley gives us a bit more depth if we have another season of devastating injuries. Along the DL, we have a fully healthy Wake from the start, so that's an improvement. We have a developing Branch, who was won the starting job last year. We added William Hayes who is a terrific run stuffer and also a solid pass rusher, who will definitely help. We lost a DT, Earl Mitchell, but we gained a pass rushing end in Charles Harris. Its hard not to see this defense being significantly improved.

So, even losing Tannehill, I suspect we will be projected to be the 2nd place finishers in the AFC East. Both Cutler and Moore are gunslingers. This isn't the year we will win the Super Bowl, so we might as well enjoy the roller coaster ride. We might as well embrace it now, because this season will include both ...

The thrill of victory ....

and the agony of defeat.

Wow...an actual "well-thought out" post here. I think I'm going to pass out.

I guess I had it backwards, I thought he was saying that we definitely wouldn't be signing Cutler.

First we sign Cutler, now I have to pay for my own stone crabs, oh the humanity!

LOL......gotcha......I think the term "wishful thinking" applies in either case (and in the case of thinking Cutler will be anything but mediocre).

No Stonecrab for you. Told you to believe it. Tried to tell you all the Kap talk was retarded as was the rest. His boys rolled up into my establishment a few days ago and them beans were spilled. Recognize. And now ya know.

With potentially $70M in cap space in 2019, as posted by another poster, I'm much less skeptical of Miami's potential failure to sign Landry long term. I'm actually very confident they'll work something out with him. Branch will be entering his last season under his current contract, so cutting him could add additional money. As for Cutler, he's a Dolphin now, so it's time to root for him doing a good job. Hopefully Tannehill will get his knee fixed and come back ready to play.

@ SOS, I am not keen on Cutler, but I hope those guys are wrong. I still can't believe that we are in this situation. Our guys need to really step it up, so Cutler won't screw it up.

Back
Top Bottom