Cutler is pondering his future and it doesn't include a backup role....... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler is pondering his future and it doesn't include a backup role.......

Don't be dumb, a stellar defense is not hindered by the offensive side of the ball nearly to the degree you're trying to imply.

2015 Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning playing like an utter POS that year. 9 Game started 9 TD 17 INT . His backup started 7 games and threw for 10 TD and 6 INT. They combined for 19 TD and 23 INT during the regular season and the team went 12-4. Stop being dumb. Hate Cutler and say you didn't like his play but to blame the poor defensive play and give the way overpaid Miami defense a pass is a serious stretch of the imagination. Cutler through 13 games started is at 19 TD and 14 INT. Again not great but stop blaming the **** play by the defense on the Miami offense.

It's really not that hard, just say you didn't like Cutler lack of production without invoking the dumb reasoning.

Wow, thank you for this, it saved me the trouble Braugh.

The Ever Long Live J Cutler And A Gase VIPER

He’s lost something off of his fastball. Starting to get picked - like 5 in last 3 games. When the greats start to go, it’s late in the season you typically see the arm fatigue - has 2 more years then it will be embarrassing for him.

Hell of a career! Truth be told he's never really had a super arm. He's always had a decent arm.

Don't be dumb, a stellar defense is not hindered by the offensive side of the ball nearly to the degree you're trying to imply.

2015 Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning playing like an utter POS that year. 9 Game started 9 TD 17 INT . His backup started 7 games and threw for 10 TD and 6 INT. They combined for 19 TD and 23 INT during the regular season and the team went 12-4. Stop being dumb. Hate Cutler and say you didn't like his play but to blame the poor defensive play and give the way overpaid Miami defense a pass is a serious stretch of the imagination. Cutler through 13 games started is at 19 TD and 14 INT. Again not great but stop blaming the **** play by the defense on the Miami offense.

It's really not that hard, just say you didn't like Cutler lack of production without invoking the dumb reasoning.

Sorry friend but what you wrote are exceptions to the rule. Most defenses are hinder by offenses that continually turn the ball over. There are those few special defenses that it doesn't phase that much.

The teams fighting for a playoff berth might think otherwise. But who cares right?

It’s meaningless to us. Don’t really care about anybody else.

On the other hand, it is quite significant to us. It’ll be the end of Cutler. I won’t condemn the man, but with him it is chicken one day, feathers the next day.

How come the same excuses made for Ryan don't apply to Cutler? Maybe all he needs is a better OL, Defense, run game,. Maybe he just needs more than 1 reliable target in Landry.

Don't be dumb, a stellar defense is not hindered by the offensive side of the ball nearly to the degree you're trying to imply

Seriously? Don't be dumb Lol They have a DIRECT connection. All three phases correlate. I don't hate Cutler. Never met him nor do I know him. He's just a total bum. There's a few exceptional defenses that could overcome it but not typically. The very few exceptions don't compare to the multiple seasons when horrid QB play made a defense look much worse than they are. Do you believe in Time of possession? Do you believe defenses need rest? You honestly can sit here and say Cutler's play didn't make our Defense look worse at times? Stellar?? I don't think I used that word. I said our D was put in precarious situations due to Cutler's play. Were they not?

How come the same excuses made for Ryan don't apply to Cutler? Maybe all he needs is a better OL, Defense, run game,. Maybe he just needs more than 1 reliable target in Landry.

Why would anyone make excuses for a QB who brought his team to the playoffs? I thought Ryan played really good last year. People actually blamed the running game last year? The O-line played pretty good last year as well. Defense was definitely suspect but we made the playoffs. Cutler just doesn't care and it showed the whole season. I was a supporter. I just didn't realize how bad he was and bought into the hype.

Last edited:

Kenny Stills has been a reliable target. It's not Stills' fault that Cutler can't throw the ****ing ball.

Kenny Stills has been a reliable target. It's not Stills' fault that Cutler can't throw the ****ing ball.

Exactly. The guy had weapons. He even had time to get rid of the ball. He just sucks lol How anyone can not blame Cutler after watching him this season is beyond my comprehension. I must have missed something lol Stills sure looked good when Tannehill was tossing the ball last year..

Catch rate/yards per reception

Landry/2017

69% 8.8

Stills/2017

55% 14.6

Parker/2017

59% 11.8

Landry/2016

71.8% 12.1

Stills/2016

52% 17.3

Parker/2016