Cutler is pondering his future and it doesn't include a backup role....... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler is pondering his future and it doesn't include a backup role.......

How come the same excuses made for Ryan don't apply to Cutler? Maybe all he needs is a better OL, Defense, run game,. Maybe he just needs more than 1 reliable target in Landry.
we can use the same excuses. but one can't hit the broadside of a barn.

How come the same excuses made for Ryan don't apply to Cutler? Maybe all he needs is a better OL, Defense, run game,. Maybe he just needs more than 1 reliable target in Landry.
Did you watch Cutler at all this season? If you did you wouldn't have made this comment.

Sorry friend but what you wrote are exceptions to the rule. Most defenses are hinder by offenses that continually turn the ball over. There are those few special defenses that it doesn't phase that much.

You did read the message I replied to correct...."They were on the field all game. Cutler put the D in situations that the 2000 Ravens would have trouble stopping. " Was that quote not referring to an exception the rule?

I accept your apology in advance.

Seriously? Don't be dumb Lol They have a DIRECT connection. All three phases correlate. I don't hate Cutler. Never met him nor do I know him. He's just a total bum. There's a few exceptional defenses that could overcome it but not typically. The very few exceptions don't compare to the multiple seasons when horrid QB play made a defense look much worse than they are. Do you believe in Time of possession? Do you believe defenses need rest? You honestly can sit here and say Cutler's play didn't make our Defense look worse at times? Stellar?? I don't think I used that word. I said our D was put in precarious situations due to Cutler's play. Were they not?

What I said was this was a dumb comment to make "They were on the field all game. Cutler put the D in situations that the 2000 Ravens would have trouble stopping." and backed it up with facts about another stellar defense that won the Superbowl with piss poor QB production. Elite defenses are rarely hindered by the offense not producing like a top offense. Just like an elite offense will still put up good stats regardless of how their defense plays.

It also didn't help that the team was the 2nd most penalized team in football and poorly coached. Again if this team had Tom Brady they would not win the Superbowl this year. That's not to say he wouldn't put up numbers like the GOAT should in comparison to other QB's with all things created = but his production would have fallen without question had he been the Dolphins QB this year. Especially seeing as he is an immobile statue and would have been playing behind a piss poor Dolphins O-line.

I also followed that up by saying if you don't like Cutler production call him on it, just do it without the dumb part added to it. If you want to say Cutler was the main reason the team didn't win 12 games go for it. Just expect me to call people on it when they say dumb stuff like an elite defense would have suffered due to Cutler being the QB. You do realize that if the Dolphins had the Ravens 2000 defense they would have won at least 2-6 more games right?

The Ravens 2000 QB's combined for 20 TD and 19 INT and went 12-4 during the regular season.....so again when you insinuate that the Dolphins wouldn't have won more regular season games with the 2000 Ravens defense I'm gonna call you on it.

Seriously? Don't be dumb Lol They have a DIRECT connection. All three phases correlate. I don't hate Cutler. Never met him nor do I know him. He's just a total bum. There's a few exceptional defenses that could overcome it but not typically. The very few exceptions don't compare to the multiple seasons when horrid QB play made a defense look much worse than they are. Do you believe in Time of possession? Do you believe defenses need rest? You honestly can sit here and say Cutler's play didn't make our Defense look worse at times? Stellar?? I don't think I used that word. I said our D was put in precarious situations due to Cutler's play. Were they not?

I stand corrected

2000 Ravens offense turned the ball over 26 times and the Ravens defense forced 49 turnovers

2017 Dolphins offense turned the ball over 29 times and the Dolphins defense forced 15 turnovers

Clearly the extra 3 turnovers made by the Dolphins offense led to the Dolphins defense coming up with 34 fewer turnovers

Even more damning evidence to back up your claim would be

2000 Ravens defense 23 INT

2017 Dolphins defense 9 INT

2000 Ravens defense forced 19 fumbles

2017 Miami defense forced 9 fumbles

2000 Ravens #2 defense in the RedZone

2017 Miami #30 ranked defense in the RedZone

2000 Ravens defense allowed 11 TD to 23 INT 2997 passing yards

2017 Miami defense allowed 26 TD to 9 INT 3603 passing yards

2000 Ravens defense allowed 970 rushing yards

2017 Miami defense allowed 1768 rushing yards

2000 Ravens 116 rushing 1st downs

2017 Miami 66 rushing 1st downs

2000 Ravens 156 passing 1st downs

2017 Miami 187 passing 1st downs

and here is the most damning one of all being Cutler likes to fumble all the time

2000 Ravens had 7 fumbles lost...while wait for it....here comes the bomb

2017 Miami had 8 fumbles lost.....holy **** balls.....I found the smoking gun

LOL seriously.....don't say stupid **** like the team would have struggled with a defense like the 2000 Ravens defense.....That is laughable at best and dumb if actually believed by whoever says it or agrees with it.

Again Cutler didn't have a great year but it's not like he derailed an elite team headed to the Superbowl due to his producing 19 TD and 14 INT....The Dolphins have a lot of work to do and hopefully they will get an easier schedule in 2018 like they did in 2016. If i'ts more similar to the 2017 schedule it may turn into a cringe fest again and it won't matter who the QB is.

You did read the message I replied to correct...."They were on the field all game. Cutler put the D in situations that the 2000 Ravens would have trouble stopping. " Was that quote not referring to an exception the rule?

I accept your apology in advance.

Nope! You should have placed that part of the post at the very beginning. Thus saving us the eyes rolls and what the hell is this poster on thoughts before getting to that part of your post.

I think you should edit your post to incorporate the appropriate changes.

Back
Top Bottom