Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

Ryan Tannehill is a good quarterback, and my #1 concern right now is not "Can Tannehill be a good enough QB" but rather, "Will Tannehill make a 100% recovery?"

I tell you what though, I think that people who are saying "what if?" right now are doing themselves a disservice. We're 3-2 and the only way this offense can go is up. That's right, UP. We look like a wild card team right now with this defense, if our offense can just get some more production going. 2017 is about to be a fun ride, I think.

Agreed.

Our offence has been ridiculously anemic. If we can get average to slightly below average offensive output, and the defence maintains this level of play, we will be a contender for a playoff spot.

We were talking about the first five games, not the whole season.

I know, but that's a solid enough sample size. Were talking a third of the season. I could improve Jay's numbers significantly with context this year as well.

so you want to compare Tannehill's last 8 games with Cutler's last 8 Bears games? Would that be a more realistic comparison?

No I want to compare Ryan's first 5 games to Jay's five games, and Ryan's last 8 to Jay's next 8.

No I want to compare Ryan's first 5 games to Jay's five games, and Ryan's last 8 to Jay's next 8.

you have his last 8 games already in profootball reference.... and don't forget that unlike Tannehill, Cutler came right in already familiar with Gase's system so it's not apples to apples regardless of how it nets out..

Not sure a QB is better than a QB who sucks(Cutler) is all that impressive.

I know, but that's a solid enough sample size. Were talking a third of the season. I could improve Jay's numbers significantly with context this year as well.
No you can't.

You don't need to use statistics to compare both QBs right now. Cutler's mechanics are sloppy as hell, there is nothing precise in the way he plays QB. What that amounts to is timing deficiencies throughout the offense. The ball is seldom there at the same time for the WRs to catch, it's never thrown the same way. Sure pocket presence, but what is it good for if it mostly amounts to incompletes and interceptions? People talk about a higher ceiling when talking about Jay, and it's true to some extent, the gambling aspect of his game will sometimes create crazy performances, when everything goes right for him. What you have to account for is the floor, Jay's floor is very low.

you have his last 8 games already in profootball reference.... and don't forget that unlike Tannehill, Cutler came right in already familiar with Gase's system so it's not apples to apples regardless of how it nets out..

Ya but I don't think comparing people on different teams can be neatly done. True, and Tanny was familiar with the majority of the offensive personnel for years, while Cutler was not. That's why I was willing to wash those two facts and compare them at equal points in the year.

He had like 6 drops yesterday and it's been happening all year. But whatever you say lol.
LOL at you defending Cutler.
Listen to you, you're bitching about dropped balls. What about the 30+bounce passes.

Back
Top Bottom