Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

so ****ing sad. You can bet next year will have 5 teams on our schedule that resemble the 85 Bears, our dumb luck

Even if we had half of what Tannehill has shown us to this point, if he had been healthy, we would be 5-0...very sad.

And Tanny was also in his prime and had been on the team for several years as a starter. Cutler was retired a couple months ago.

I don't understand why we would compare Tannys last 8 games to Cutler's first 5.
Two months of retirement in the off-season.
WOW that's a good excuse.

And Tanny was also in his prime and had been on the team for several years as a starter. Cutler was retired a couple months ago.

I don't understand why we would compare Tannys last 8 games to Cutler's first 5.
so you want to compare Tannehill's last 8 games with Cutler's last 8 Bears games? Would that be a more realistic comparison?

We could go back and make any QBs stats look better with context. The general idea when using stats is that those kind of things tend to equal out over time.
We were talking about the first five games, not the whole season.

No question Tannehill is a superior QB to Cutler, but he is still not the type of QB who can put the team on his back and carry them. His success is predicated on the success of Ajayi and the running game. We still lose the Jets game with him in there, maybe win the Saints game.

I think a lot the drops w/ Tannehill were due to Tannehill's zip on the ball. With Cutler it's the total opposite, especially on timing routes, it's a big transition for these guys. Stills and Landry usually have good hands, Landry gets a lot more passes his way so obviously his drops will be higher. Parker is still inconsistent.

I can't agree with the "zip on the ball" argument for dropped passes when you consider that Matt Moore throws a nice, soft football and he had some drops to deal with. Cutler's been throwing up dying quails and those are being dropped, too.

Julius Thomas in particular has been inexcusable with some of these drops.

Crazy, Cutler leads the NFL in Game winning drives (2) and 4th quarter comebacks (3) this season. Looks the the Dolphin are going to be resilient again this year. How many close games have we won in a row?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/leaders.htm

Holy smokes that has to be the most unlikely stat ever...but i guess when you can cant score for 50 minutes, you set youself up nicely. Still, job done so credit due.

11 games in a row dating back to the near comeback vs Patriots. All 11 close ones since then have gone the Dolphins way. With 3 different QB's

No question Tannehill is a superior QB to Cutler, but he is still not the type of QB who can put the team on his back and carry them. His success is predicated on the success of Ajayi and the running game. We still lose the Jets game with him in there, maybe win the Saints game.

This! Cutler will never be as good as Tannehill. Tannehill is more than good enough to lead us to a SB especially with our defense playing like this.

Ryan Tannehill is a good quarterback, and my #1 concern right now is not "Can Tannehill be a good enough QB" but rather, "Will Tannehill make a 100% recovery?"

I tell you what though, I think that people who are saying "what if?" right now are doing themselves a disservice. We're 3-2 and the only way this offense can go is up. That's right, UP. We look like a wild card team right now with this defense, if our offense can just get some more production going. 2017 is about to be a fun ride, I think.

Back
Top Bottom