Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

short set drops and even pistol pa would force him to get the ball out quick...that's the offset I see in gase...its the deep drops on obvious pass downs that are where it gets ugly cause hes not willing to stand in...he isn't getting into his later progressions

Yeah you mention not taking sacks well the offset is not making plays. And there has been plenty of opportunities where has he stood in and let things develop down the field and get to his primary or second progression plays are there to be made.

He also has a dump option from the pocket he can work to but not at the expense of higher progressions or the real problem just to avoid contact

Kdawg, you know I have been up front saying it's not all on Cutler and that he has valid excuses for a bunch of things...

... but I will say that even in the games where the OL has struggled, I have yet to see ANYTHING like what we witnessed in that back to back debacle of Thursday night vs the Bengals and then the Titans. The two game stretch that got three players CUT OUTRIGHT because they were so bad, the offense simply couldn't function. If Cutler had been standing back there behind that crew, he'd be on IR right now.
Speaking of that...did anyone catch Billy Turner playing RT for Denver last night...it was brutal. Still looks like a turnstile and JPP made him look like he had cement shoes on.

Speaking of that...did anyone catch Billy Turner playing RT for Denver last night...it was brutal. Still looks like a turnstile and JPP made him look like he had cement shoes on.

Turner and Thomas starting on the same line. God that was horrible.

My counter would be placement causing them

Separate from that we are leaving a ton of rac yards on tbe field due to placement

Absolutely, people should watch how many passes Cutler throws at the ground, receivers have to more times then not, try to make great catches just to at least get something.

He threw a quick slant at landrys shoe laces he threw a 3rd and short in cut easy conversion at landrys back hip he threw a 2nd and 6 flare to Ajayi wide open bailing out entire time no pressure at ajayis toes

He had 3 or 4 balls tipped at the los. A couple of those ok it happens but these are on short sets he has to find the space and angle to fit those

I doubt any more time playjng in Miami will change Cutler’s makeup at this point. Has he actually planted his foot in the ground and thrown the ball? Maybe he has but I must have missed it.

Ball placement has not been good, we even said that in pre season and the Charger game. He does move around and work the pocket- but his throws after are almost always not good. Ryan would make some absolutely deadly throws on the move.

Im really having a problem with the ‘what if Ryan was healhty and playing thing’ who planned on this defense playing to this level at this point? Again its still early but Burke seems to be mixing it up more than Vance also.

He threw a quick slant at landrys shoe laces he threw a 3rd and short in cut easy conversion at landrys back hip he threw a 2nd and 6 flare to Ajayi wide open bailing out entire time no pressure at ajayis toes

He had 3 or 4 balls tipped at the los. A couple of those ok it happens but these are on short sets he has to find the space and angle to fit those

I don't care if the ball is poorly placed, if you get two hands on it or it hits you in the numbers (even if you have to go down for it), you should come up with it most of the time.

I'm not defending crap throws like the one hoppers or the air mail, but when the ball is catchable, it should be caught. Julius Thomas brings nothing as a blocker, so he should at least come down with the football. Jarvis Landry wants 14 million dollars a year, he should come down with the football.

I don't care if the ball is poorly placed, if you get two hands on it or it hits you in the numbers (even if you have to go down for it), you should come up with it most of the time.

I'm not defending crap throws like the one hoppers or the air mail, but when the ball is catchable, it should be caught. Julius Thomas brings nothing as a blocker, so he should at least come down with the football. Jarvis Landry wants 14 million dollars a year, he should come down with the football.

Well when the guys tackling you from the back hip and the ball is thrown to the back hip it's gonna be real hard to catch that ball.

And a quick slant unless the coverage says throw low to avoid direct contact for the receiver needs to be thrown out front leading or under the arm pit.

Not bend down to the shoe level and scoop it below the knees

I don't see how any of this is really gonna change it looks like comes with the package which also means results gonna be inconsistent and rac left on tbe field

Receivers have to do a better job of helping out the qb w/ the drops, that is if they want to win more games. Landry has defended Cutler, Gase hasn't thrown in towel on Cutler, it all points to faults around the entire offense. Yes Cutler's passes are usually off the mark curtailing RAC but it's week 6, time to start making more plays. We've seen Parker, Stills, Landry, Ajayi catch balls that weren't on the money w/ Tannehill, time to start bailing out the qb on a consistent basis.

Back
Top Bottom