Day 1 Dolphins Press Conference/Miami turned down trades in 1st | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 1 Dolphins Press Conference/Miami turned down trades in 1st

We know Atlanta offered at least their First round pick, 3rd round pick and 7th round, that's what they gave Seattle for the 26th pick and Rapaport mentioned Atlanta was trying to trade with Miami before our pick was made.

An extra 3rd and 7th and still could have had Reuben Foster or another pick. Bill Polian said he would not take Harris in the 1st round no matter what. Too small and not explosive enough, very few 4.8 forty guys pan out and the ones that do are usually much bigger.

Polian, The guy who ahd success with two undersized DEs. What a tool

Quite the contrary, tunnel vision is your enemy. Not being prepared for the fluidity of the draft and being open to their numerous possibilities is what can stunt an organization. I sure hope to hell we have in-depth analysis on more than just a few prospects that are targets so you're not tossing anything away. In fact, I know we do and it's closer to 250 different player profiles.

Would have been savvy to recoup some of the picks we **** away to acquire Caroo as well.

I've said it before. Tunnel-baum is cripped by his inability to see the big picture and gets so focused on his objective that he loses sight of other priorities right or wrong.

These were your words:

First off grading by round is a waste. When scouts go out in Sept, Oct. to watch and study players they have no idea who will be declaring or there in April so there is no round designation, it's a grading scale.

There's also no assurance that your top rated guy(s) will actually turn out to be a solid starter and maybe that 4th or 5th round pick was. You need extensive analysis on all draftees (and UDFA) to reference how or why you may have hit or missed on a player to learn from and/or correct future mistakes. IOW, a low graded player and even UFDA's all have very in-depth and very similar reports as a highly graded player. There's is (or shouldn't) be any bias or discrepancies b/w these analysis b/c you never know who will truly shine or work out in another 2-3 years time.

Yes and from those reports you target specific players who go through another process because these are the players you pepper your board with. They are the players you want if they fall to you.

Teams don't have draft boards for nothing and they don't fill them with every available prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know what the trade down offers were. So you all can speculate all you want. In the end they got the guy they felt they needed.

We know at a minimum it was what Atl gave to Seattle. It's beyond likely that they'd have had to offer even more to us at 22, at a min a 6th in place of the 7th, probably a 5th. Another 3rd rounder would have been nice. No OL help until day 3 of the draft? Yikes. I'm not against drafting a guy you love vs 2 later picks (see Earl Thomas vs Odrick & Misi), but it puts extra pressure that they better be right. Id have been happy going Lamp at 31, then DE and 2 LBers in 2nd and 3rd rounds. I hope Harris is a beast though! Gotta remember that looking at draft reactions on fan boards is like going on the Internet to diagnosis an illness. You'll get every possible opinion. We're going to the Super Bowl!...or we're dying.

Back
Top Bottom