"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking

not seeing how cordy glenn at 340 lbs is a zone blocker. I know he is more athletic than his weight suggests but..

Jake can also be franchised . . . and it would probably result in a pay cut :lol: . . . I mean when your making the most money at LT . . . I'd guess the average money of the top 5 at his position would be less.

No need to rush on Jake at all.

Jake would actually receive a 10 or 15 percent increase. (can't remember which!). Franchise tag rules state you get the top 5 salaries average or a 10 (or 15%, again not sure) increase.

This year's franchise tag is $10.6 million for defensive linemen, and $9.4 million for offensive lineman. Because Long's salary already exceeds that he'd receive around $12.88 million in 2013 if tagged.

From the sun sentinel.

Used it with some frequency last season.

Bush had a lot of big cutback runs with the zone blocking.

Our like actually looked decent when they used zone blocking.

Pouncey, Incognito, and Long will fit well in Philbin's run blocking schemes.

Thank you. I thought I was on crazy pills or something. Prior to last season, we heard tons about the zone blocking schemes that Daboll would implement.

I'd have to verify this, but it seems that teams that utilize zone blocking schemes spend less money on their O-lines than teams that implement man blocking schemes. You don't need "dominant force" in a ZBS.

Thank you. I thought I was on crazy pills or something. Prior to last season, we heard tons about the zone blocking schemes that Daboll would implement.

I'd have to verify this, but it seems that teams that utilize zone blocking schemes spend less money on their O-lines than teams that implement man blocking schemes. You don't need "dominant force" in a ZBS.

You need quick footed lineman, guys who can hold down an "area" more than a man. Even still, in any scheme a solid LT is vital as you like to have that rock to protect the QB's blindside. Guys like Murtha, Garner and Hicks fit that description, as well as Long and Pouncey and even the other center Ryan Cook. Jerry and Incogs . . . not so much, but Jerry more so than Incognito. Vernon Carey back about 4 years ago would of been fine, but today I'd doubt him resigning . . . unless it was for the ultimate hometown discount.

if you watch any reggie bush highlights from 2011, you will see he had absolutely no blocking at the second level. this new scheme may net him more yards this year than next year.

In layman's term, how would you describe zone blocking?
Zone blocking used double-teams at the point of attack with the idea to enable one of the two blockers to position themselves so that the other can maintain the block, while the other can release to the second level.Just "going in the same direction"...is just really not getting to the fully idea at all....

Back
Top Bottom