"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking

its absolutely the right move...no need whatsoever to lock up jake long long term right now...if miami wants him he's not going anywhere...you can guarantee that

Better not be Wake just to old tip ***** him like that. Davis is a tough one still gives up easy to many big plays to be considered a shut down cb.

This makes me wonder what direction we'll be going in Round one of the draft

As the days go by I believe the Ryan Tannehill train is going to stop in Cleveland and the remaining talent pool isn't suffice enough to draft a QB in the first round. Does that mean Reily Reiff at #8?

This makes me wonder what direction we'll be going in Round one of the draft

As the days go by I believe the Ryan Tannehill train is going to stop in Cleveland and the remaining talent pool isn't suffice enough to draft a QB in the first round. Does that mean Reily Reiff at #8?

I would honestly trade down Tannehill or not

Better not be Wake just to old tip ***** him like that. Davis is a tough one still gives up easy to many big plays to be considered a shut down cb.

miami can't afford to lose vontae or wake...i don't know what the tag # is but it might make the most sense to tag wake for one year given his age...if vontae was on the market right now he'd get at least $10 mil per year...

I think we will take an athletic OL with the within the first 5 picks.

If its OT then pick will be early; If Guard they can probebly wait a little longer. They mentioned some Colleges that play zone blocking so maybe the following fit:
Reiff
Sanders
Cordy Glenn
Texas A and M linemen etc.

i like me some cordy glenn...but 8's too high...imo its down to tannehill reiff and coples...i know people think coples is out well i don't...ireland is a stickler for measurables and coples has em and if philip wheeler is being considered here we must be playin a lot of 43 and we have a massive need for a everydown 43 de and coples fits the mold...

wildcard is kuechly who's height at over 6 ft 3 is something that ireland will love...another guy with great measurables and a prototype mike backer...

in the end though my moneys been on what its been on since flynn signed in seattle...tannehill at #8...and he'll be there

also on coples...who ran his pro day workout...a miami coach ran it

miami can't afford to lose vontae or wake...i don't know what the tag # is but it might make the most sense to tag wake for one year given his age...if vontae was on the market right now he'd get at least $10 mil per year...

You are jumping the gun on Vontae, he has 2 years left. Smith only has one because he was a 2nd round pick. Vontae signed a 5 year deal.

You are jumping the gun on Vontae, he has 2 years left. Smith only has one because he was a 2nd round pick. Vontae signed a 5 year deal.

well then thats a feather in our cap...we should be able to get wake and long done...smith is gone...unless he's cheap

i fail to see how this switch is gonna be a good thing for incognito...he with the cement feet...pouncey with his athleticism and feet will make a terrific zbs player...

I was just about to say, Incognito is like a square peg in round hole in a ZBS.

well then thats a feather in our cap...we should be able to get wake and long done...smith is gone...unless he's cheap

All I know is, to watch Cam Wake go from a situational pass rusher to IMO a complete defender in 3 years has been a pleasure to watch. He'll be 31 next offseason, he'll want a nice contract and he is going to get one. I work on getting his deal done and franchise Jake if we have to. I can only imagine the number on DE's next season with Mario Williams signing that contract.

All I know is, to watch Cam Wake go from a situational pass rusher to IMO a complete defender in 3 years has been a pleasure to watch. He'll be 31 next offseason, he'll want a nice contract and he is going to get one. I work on getting his deal done and franchise Jake if we have to. I can only imagine the number on DE's next season with Mario Williams signing that contract.

wakes age will help us on that contract...if he wants mario williams money either go with god or prepare to be tagged...period

i'd look to the contract that harrison signed in pittsburgh at an advanced age as the kind of money wakes agent will be looking for...doesn't mean he'll get it but i think thats the contract they'll try to mirror with their demand

b/t wake could have done what joey p did as an everydown player from the get go...and at least provide us with some pass rush in the meantime...porter was way washed up

Back
Top Bottom