"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking

when was the last time we used zone blocking?

Used it with some frequency last season.

Bush had a lot of big cutback runs with the zone blocking.

Our like actually looked decent when they used zone blocking.

Pouncey, Incognito, and Long will fit well in Philbin's run blocking schemes.

Used it with some frequency last season.

Bush had a lot of big cutback runs with the zone blocking.

Our like actually looked decent when they used zone blocking.

Pouncey, Incognito, and Long will fit well in Philbin's run blocking schemes.
I think Long and Pouncey are a great fit but I'd like to see us get more athletic at the two guard positions. I think Murtha could man the RT spot, not sure about Jerry, Garner should be a fit as well.

i like me some cordy glenn...but 8's too high...imo its down to tannehill reiff and coples...i know people think coples is out well i don't...ireland is a stickler for measurables and coples has em and if philip wheeler is being considered here we must be playin a lot of 43 and we have a massive need for a everydown 43 de and coples fits the mold...

wildcard is kuechly who's height at over 6 ft 3 is something that ireland will love...another guy with great measurables and a prototype mike backer...

in the end though my moneys been on what its been on since flynn signed in seattle...tannehill at #8...and he'll be there

also on coples...who ran his pro day workout...a miami coach ran it

You dont think Melvin Ingram is an option at 8? I know he does not have Coples like measurables, but Wake and Ingram could be a hugely dangerous combo considering their abilities to get to the passer.

I like Ingram but like trading down and getting an extra 2 and 4 picks. Ingram is eal good and fits the hybrid scheme. thee are other pass rushers out there and we can either draft a DE pass rusher or OLB pss rusher later in the first or second round that would be very good also.

feelin like a draftwinds on zone blockers right about now.

That may be the worst description of zone blocking I have ever seen...

Is Richie Incognito a good fit for this scheme?

lol no. He's the first guy you would cut and get rid of

guys with no lateral movement skills are worthless in a ZBS . Incognito is a human pylon

guys with no lateral movement skills are worthless in a ZBS . Incognito is a human pylon
Reading your posts lately I'm wonder how you didn't win the debbie downer award.

Incognito's weakest facet of his game is pass blocking and then getting to the 2nd level.

That said, he really improved in 2012 with his ability to pull and block on the move.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually played solid in 2013 in Philbin's offense.

He can still be upgraded, but we have more pressing needs than LG.

You dont think Melvin Ingram is an option at 8? I know he does not have Coples like measurables, but Wake and Ingram could be a hugely dangerous combo considering their abilities to get to the passer.

for us...no i don't...irelands a stickler for measurables...i'll be floored if he takes a guy who's 6 ft 1 and some change and has short arms in the top 10...floored

this fits daniel thomas very well as the earlier poster stated...one cut and get north and south...

I hope it helps him, because he didn't impress me in college or in his rookie year. I don't think he is NFL material, goes down way too easy.

lol no. He's the first guy you would cut and get rid of [Richie Incognito]

Incognito has played well for the Phins and i believe he will continue to do so.

Back
Top Bottom