"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Days of 'bigger & stronger' on O-Line are gone for Dolphins" Zone blocking

Does this lessen Jake Long's worth to the front office? As in how much they'll be willing to commit to him in a new contract? I'm not too familiar with o-line tactics and personnel but it seems like in this switch, that there would be cheaper alternatives than what Long will demand.

I wonder how many linemen are we going to draft this year. My feeling is 2(T and G)to go along with Long and Pouncy. Not sure who the other starter will be at this point. I'm sure things will start making more sense after the draft.

Ozzy rules!!

Yea it will, but I can't cosign your confidence in drafting 2 OL and almost expecting them to start . . . that is just asking alot. I think you really have to look at the likes of Murtha and Hicks as potential starters on this line, and they probably were looking at Jake Scott to fill the hole at RG as Incognito is a terrible fit in a ZBS, and John Jerry isn't a great fit either, although he has some decent feet for a man his size, he seems like a man on man type of OL, a guy that will be better suited mauling his way to success.

The biggest thing with a line of Long-Hicks-Pouncey-Scott-Murtha is you have 2 guys in Hicks and Murtha who have had problems staying healthy and Long has been beat up the last 2 years also. I'd expect we also will probably draft 2 linemen . . . but I have reservations on them being starters.

I'd prefer we address the line on day 3, but definitely not at #8.

ehh...he's got pretty good feet...and he's an athlete...i think he'll be fine...might be a bit of a transition though from a power player...but long just adapts to anything

i'd be more worried about his durability at this stage...

Seems like when he is in space he struggles with ends like Peppers, Ware, Abraham, Williams, etc. It is.going to bd interesting to watch the switch for Long.

Does this lessen Jake Long's worth to the front office? As in how much they'll be willing to commit to him in a new contract? I'm not too familiar with o-line tactics and personnel but it seems like in this switch, that there would be cheaper alternatives than what Long will demand.

To me you still need a trusty LT in any scheme to protect the blindside of your QB. I'd suspect they probably will get something done during the season as far as an extension goes.

no this change will not effect jake longs next contract...unless he proves that he can't handle the switch...in which case he's probably let go to a more power scheme...but like i said jake should be able to make this switch rather easily...only thing thats gonna hurt that guys next contract is a major dropoff in play or chronic injury...i think the shoulder and knee problems he's had in the past are definitely something to monitor...

this also helps steve slaton...if you think he's worth a damn...which i'm not big on

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait and see how he adapts before offering a contract. Between that and seeing hire he comes back from injuries it is the right move.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait and see how he adapts before offering a contract. Between that and seeing hire he comes back from injuries it is the right move.

its absolutely the right move...no need whatsoever to lock up jake long long term right now...if miami wants him he's not going anywhere...you can guarantee that

Jake can also be franchised . . . and it would probably result in a pay cut :lol: . . . I mean when your making the most money at LT . . . I'd guess the average money of the top 5 at his position would be less.

No need to rush on Jake at all.

Jake can also be franchised . . . and it would probably result in a pay cut :lol: . . . I mean when your making the most money at LT . . . I'd guess the average money of the top 5 at his position would be less.

No need to rush on Jake at all.

If it works out I would tag him! Long is a great player but tying that money up in a LT is nuts! I bet both LTs from the Giants and Pats didn't make what Long did.

you can blame the money jake makes on the old cba...someone getting tagged next year...whether its jake or wake or vontae davis someones getting tagged...no doubt about it

you can blame the money jake makes on the old cba...someone getting tagged next year...whether its jake or wake or vontae davis someones getting tagged...no doubt about it

Jake is going to be the happiest man on the planet... got rich from the old CBA. and now that rookie contracts got cut in half basically, all that money goes to veterans now instead. especially if the cap is expected to considerably rise in the next few years with the revenue growth.. get ready for more monster deals. hes about to cash in AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom