DB coach Lou Anarumo has been let go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DB coach Lou Anarumo has been let go

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Dont know much about the source but Alex Marvez retweeted this and someone in VIP hinted this was on the cards a few weeks ago.

Quite sad to hear this, Lou developed quite a few players in Miami (even managed to get some production from McCain this year) and was the one Philbin coach I was glad to keep

Will update the thread title if this is confirmed

Update: confirmed

If you want to know why? Well you could check VIP (from a while ago)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure about this move at all. Anarumo has quietly done a good job of developing our cornerbacks. Bobby McCain has gone from a dumpster fire to a pretty decent slot corner, and he's not the first guy who's made that transition under Anarumo. I also thought Anarumo did a good job when he took over for Kevin Coyle in 2015 as DC.

With that said, communication issues in the secondary have persisted since Anarumo has been here, so it hasn't been all roses. If you want specific examples of that, see Cordrea Tankersley this season. The guy would do stuff like play zone coverage when the rest of the defense was in man, or vice versa. That's a problem.

Well it all depends on who we replace him with.

I guess Gase isn’t done. Seems like he may be puting together a staff he originally wanted.

Add the LB Coach and we'll be remaking our entire defensive coaching staff minus Burke.

I'd love the LB coach who coached Kiko to play weakside to be gone.

I guess Gase isn’t done. Seems like he may be puting together a staff he originally wanted.

To be fair it sounds like this one had different factors than the likes of the DL coach

Confirmed. Fair play to whoever the hell football scoops are

Well for starters we used to play off coverage under Philbin and that probably had to do with our boundary corners consistently free-lancing themselves into it instead of press.

I’m good with this. We had a horribly coached team last year. From penalties to turnovers, and every thing in between, there was zero disabling. The LB coach more than anyone needs to go, but I am good with shaking up as many coaches as possible.

Well he might as well make all changes he wants because he could very likely be gone next year. Die with the people you want to die with.
Maybe he can find a db coach under 40 that has been fired twice to match his OC hire

Back
Top Bottom