Deepest Secondary? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deepest Secondary?

clajoie_7

Starter
Reaction score
This was off of Espn.com today speaking about depth at positions and of course the pats get the nod at WR, LB, and Secondary. Miami gets the nod at...QB??? Not quite sure where this guy was going with this article but I would take the Fins DB's anytime over the group in NE especially with the addition of Poole and Howard. We're 4 deep with two potential pro bowlers and two very solid pro bowlers. I think FS is the only question mark out there in my book. Sammy Knight will hold the SS spot just fine... For he record "I hate the Pats" I live in Maine and work in Boston and you wouldn't believe the band wagon hoppers around here not to mention watching the games with them. It's awefull!! When they lose it's the Refs fault bad calls and such and when they win they are the hottest thing since sunburn. I really hope the boys can put it together this year and kick the $hit out of them on both occassions :fire:

Secondary: Kudos to Tampa Bay for adding former Dallas starting cornerback Mario Edwards, an under-appreciated veteran who will enhance the Bucs' "nickel" package. And to Baltimore, which will gamble on Dale Carter, but had pretty solid depth even before it signed the one-time Pro Bowl cover man whose career was short-circuited the last several years by off-field problems.

But the fact is, no one can touch the Pats in terms of quality and quantity in the "back end," and New England just kept adding spare (but serviceable) parts in the offseason. The Pats signed free agent corners Jeff Burris and Terrell Buckley, made tentative peace with Ty Law, and drafted three defensive backs. How deep is New England? Well, just think back to 2003, when the Pats released free safety Lawyer Milloy a week before the season started, benched replacement Antwan Harris after only one game, moved college cornerback Eugene Wilson to safety, and won the Super Bowl. Not had, huh?

For he record "I hate the Pats" I live in Maine and work in Boston and you wouldn't believe the band wagon hoppers around here not to mention watching the games with them. It's awefull!!
Sounds like you need to move to Miami then. Imagine that, Patriots fans in Maine and Boston.

Minvardar said:
Sounds like you need to move to Miami then. Imagine that, Patriots fans in Maine and Boston.

Thanks smart guy but I grew up here. Die hard Sox, Bruins, Celts fan, just can't stand the Pats.

clajoie_7 said:
Secondary: Kudos to Tampa Bay for adding former Dallas starting cornerback Mario Edwards, an under-appreciated veteran who will enhance the Bucs' "nickel" package.

Yeah, Edwards is quite a CB......:rolleyes: ;)

The guy ain't that good.

He does have a point. I didn't know they picked up Burris too. I still think we have a better secondary. They may have a hair more depth but we definately have the more quality DBs. We'll see this year who's got the better DBs when they start calling holding on the Patriots for mugging WRs 20 yds down the field.:shakeno:

that is incredible...madison and surtain as a pair alone should give the fins a better pair.

pigskinguy said:
How did that happen..........just curious?

Ya know I'm not quite sure. I can't remember liking any other team. I started following them when I was young and that was really it. Marino was also my favorite player right up there with Lawrence Taylor, but I was more into the phins than the Giants. I watched them back when they had Woodley and I even remember the headlines of a playoff game from when I was little. "Duey Dominates as Dolphins Down Jets" final score 14-0. Getting a little long winded here but you get the point...

clajoie_7 said:
Ya know I'm not quite sure. I can't remember liking any other team. I started following them when I was young and that was really it. Marino was also my favorite player right up there with Lawrence Taylor, but I was more into the phins than the Giants. I watched them back when they had Woodley and I even remember the headlines of a playoff game from when I was little. "Duey Dominates as Dolphins Down Jets" final score 14-0. Getting a little long winded here but you get the point...
Yeah Marino is who made me Dolphins fan

Remember, the article was about depth, not starters. You have to go 6 or 7 deep on the depth chart. I don't believe the Pats were mentioned at the QB position. Which is fair, since they have nothing but potential after Brady.

clajoie_7 said:
This was off of Espn.com today speaking about depth at positions and of course the pats get the nod at WR, LB, and Secondary. Miami gets the nod at...QB??? Not quite sure where this guy was going with this article but I would take the Fins DB's anytime over the group in NE especially with the addition of Poole and Howard. We're 4 deep with two potential pro bowlers and two very solid pro bowlers. I think FS is the only question mark out there in my book. Sammy Knight will hold the SS spot just fine... For he record "I hate the Pats" I live in Maine and work in Boston and you wouldn't believe the band wagon hoppers around here not to mention watching the games with them. It's awefull!! When they lose it's the Refs fault bad calls and such and when they win they are the hottest thing since sunburn. I really hope the boys can put it together this year and kick the $hit out of them on both occassions :fire:

Secondary: Kudos to Tampa Bay for adding former Dallas starting cornerback Mario Edwards, an under-appreciated veteran who will enhance the Bucs' "nickel" package. And to Baltimore, which will gamble on Dale Carter, but had pretty solid depth even before it signed the one-time Pro Bowl cover man whose career was short-circuited the last several years by off-field problems.

But the fact is, no one can touch the Pats in terms of quality and quantity in the "back end," and New England just kept adding spare (but serviceable) parts in the offseason. The Pats signed free agent corners Jeff Burris and Terrell Buckley, made tentative peace with Ty Law, and drafted three defensive backs. How deep is New England? Well, just think back to 2003, when the Pats released free safety Lawyer Milloy a week before the season started, benched replacement Antwan Harris after only one game, moved college cornerback Eugene Wilson to safety, and won the Super Bowl. Not had, huh?

You are a disgrace to New Englanders, please move to Miami you Maineeac! J/K! :)

Driven said:
You are a disgrace to New Englanders, please move to Miami you Maineeac! J/K! :)
Well maybe he grew up in NE prior to Bob Kraft owning the team. It takes a TRUE fan to have stayed with the Pats through the 70s and 80s. :lol:

FlyingElvis said:
Well maybe he grew up in NE prior to Bob Kraft owning the team. It takes a TRUE fan to have stayed with the Pats through the 70s and 80s. :lol:

Fortunately my memory only goes back to the mid 80's. But my first memories were not good ones...ouch!! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom