Deepest Secondary? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deepest Secondary?

i dont take anything critical that espn staff has to say about miami serioulsly.... they are ani-dolphin and have not been shy about it.

clajoie_7 said:
Ya know I'm not quite sure. I can't remember liking any other team. I started following them when I was young and that was really it. Marino was also my favorite player right up there with Lawrence Taylor, but I was more into the phins than the Giants. I watched them back when they had Woodley and I even remember the headlines of a playoff game from when I was little. "Duey Dominates as Dolphins Down Jets" final score 14-0. Getting a little long winded here but you get the point...
sounds like you kinda follow the giants as well as miami my best bro is a giant fan we watched the game together last october ahh it was a great day!! anyway do you know any good giants web sites i could give him? he says giants.com sucks and that doesnt surprise me.

finleyfinton said:
i dont take anything critical that espn staff has to say about miami serioulsly.... they are ani-dolphin and have not been shy about it.

especially that fat combover berman i love to see him do dolphin highlights after a win you can see the pain in his face. :roflmao:

pigskinguy said:
Yeah Marino is who made me Dolphins fan
Same here! My first football memory is hearing " Marino drops back, throws a bomb...TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!", or something along those lines. I immediatly liked this Marino character, and the fact their mascot was the Dolphins got me hooked - I was like 5, Dolphins were really cool at that age. Flipper, yah know? :D

Me too with Marino..(order a helmet..cant wait)
I used to like all teams with what i thought as a 6 year old, good qb'a (Todd Richards?? and even Ken O'brien at one point) then Marino was drafted and the messiah spoke to me

The addition of Harrison last year was a smart move.I have to agree the NE secondary is outstanding and has great depth.

On paper The Dolphins look like they will be as good if not better but they have to prove it on the field .

In my opinion Surtain is the best CB in the NFL and Madison adds a lot of experience but it remains to be seen how the new additions will blend in.

Ya i read this **** yesterday on espn.com i was gonna post some of it in a thread too... but i was lazy... they could of at least mentioned us at CB!!

FlyingElvis said:
Remember, the article was about depth, not starters. You have to go 6 or 7 deep on the depth chart. I don't believe the Pats were mentioned at the QB position. Which is fair, since they have nothing but potential after Brady.
The article wasn't just about depth though

"But the fact is, no one can touch the Pats in terms of quality and quantity in the "back end," *quote from the article*

In terms of quality? hmmm, lemme think about that
In terms of quantity? lets examine that too

The top four corners(the ones who see the field in a game) for each team are...

Surtain, madison, howard and poole

Law, T. Poole, T-Buck, *A. Samuels/Burris

*not sure who will start

The three DBs chosen by NE were chosen with the 95th pick, 113th pick, and the 233 pick of the draft.

IMO the starting four for the phins is superior to the pats, remember thats my opinion though i am sure most would agree, even pats fans. As for the three draft picks in the secondary, I would think it is premature to think that such low draft picks would make an impact.

As for the other members of the pats secondary. Je'Rod Cherry, S. Mayer and S. Farley combined last season for 7 tackles, no interceptions and no passes defended last season. Two are rookie free agents from last year and the other is a 31 year old(Cherry) who had no ineterceptions for his career, 9 passes defended in 9 years of experience.

Now I know that BB is a master at getting his players prepared, But all his depth in the secondary is completely unproven. I've mentioned every player on the pats secondary depth with no exceptions mind you. first and second year players who are rookie free agents and low round draft picks don't provide quality depth if they have never played in games consistantly, i don't care if your V. Lombardi(well maybe if you Lombardi, but no one else).

Miami's depth includes A. Edwards(former 1st round pick who has been injury plagued), Y, Bell who is challenging for a starting sopt, S. Wooden, A. roundtree, K. Banks, B. Sippio, C. Atkins, and four rookie free agents.

IMO this depth is at least as good as NE's depth and is definately more proven in games.

The whole article has been just another example of how the media gets off on the latest super bowl champ. This is not my opinion, this is just the truth. The media looked at the pats roster and said "Look they have alot of players in the secondary and most of them are rookies, NE can't do any wrong so sinse they have lots of players they must have the best and deepest secondary in the NFL." The article is one sided.

In all honesty can any of you Patriot fans even say your secondary is better than ours in terms of depth or quality? By the way i am not accepting the argument "We won the super bowl so we are the best." Come up with an argument based on facts, not broad generalizing statments.

In all honesty can any of you Patriot fans even say your secondary is better than ours in terms of depth or quality?
I'd say its pretty close.

Law over Surtain
Madison over T. Poole
Harrison over S. Knight
Wilson over Freeman

Samuel over W.Poole (since Poole is a rookie)
Howard over T. Buck
Edwards over Cherry
Wooden over Mayer

Now the Pats also have Burris 3rd on the depth chart and the Dolphins don't have anything else but unproven players. After Burris, its the same with the Pats, all unproven rookies.

So I have it 4-4 for the first 2 units with Burris being the difference.

FlyingElvis said:
I'd say its pretty close.

Law over Surtain
Madison over T. Poole
Harrison over S. Knight
Wilson over Freeman

Samuel over W.Poole (since Poole is a rookie)
Howard over T. Buck
Edwards over Cherry
Wooden over Mayer

Now the Pats also have Burris 3rd on the depth chart and the Dolphins don't have anything else but unproven players. After Burris, its the same with the Pats, all unproven rookies.

So I have it 4-4 for the first 2 units with Burris being the difference.
Youd say its close but your wearing your "Red and Blue Glasses" (HAHA it works both ways huh?)

Surtain is better than Law (Miami one, debatable but law is no better. Surtain led the AFC in pro bowl votes for secondary.)
Madison over poole (miami two)
Freeman over wilson(Miami three, don't know how you rate Wilson better. Must be the glasses)
Harrison over Knight(Pats one)
Howard over T-Buck(miami four)
Samuel over Poole(Pats two)

Plus you have three of our depth player over yours and you didn't even mention A. Edwards. ohh and by the way
Edwards over Burris(miami five)

The three depth positions you already conceded to the phins. (Miami 8)

I have miami 8 and pats two.

You should work for ESPN, they all have red and blue glasses on too. You'd fit right in.

I'd also like to add that T-buck, your third corner, couldn't make the phins as a fourth corner. Sinse he couldn't make it as our fourth, he settled for your team. Have fun with our scraps and the scraps from the Colts in Burris.

nicolosi718 said:
I'd also like to add that T-buck, your third corner, couldn't make the phins as a fourth corner. Sinse he couldn't make it as our fourth, he settled for your team. Have fun with our scraps and the scraps from the Colts in Burris.

You are wrong. He could of made it as the fourth corner. A combination of Miami not wanting to pay that much for a fourth corner and T-Buck not wanting to be a fourth corner when he could be a third is the reason he isn't on the team

Elvis please. Surt is closer to law then Poole is to madison. Edwards is a former starter and a very good player when not injured. We are not even sure who is starting next to knight.

I see it more like this
surt = law
smad > t poole
Knight < harrison
edwards/freeman/bell = or close to it with wilson
I have not even talked about wooden yet.
Fact is the dolphins have four starting safties on the roster as of right now. 2 of them would start on most teams in the nfl.

No way I give up on the fact that its way to close to call the pats secondary deeper or better then the fins.

NO SALE HERE.

Back
Top Bottom