Deepest Secondary? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deepest Secondary?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You are wrong. He could of made it as the fourth corner. A combination of Miami not wanting to pay that much for a fourth corner and T-Buck not wanting to be a fourth corner when he could be a third is the reason he isn't on the team
You are wrong. After we signed howard, T-buck was still negotiating with the team. After we drafted Poole we decided to go with potential over experience and stoped negotiations. Then he signed with the pats. If it is as you say why did he still say he wanted to sign with us after we signed howard?

well nice move by tampa though, but mario edwards is #84 biaaatch.... :woot:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You are wrong. He could of made it as the fourth corner. A combination of Miami not wanting to pay that much for a fourth corner and T-Buck not wanting to be a fourth corner when he could be a third is the reason he isn't on the team
If T-buck was holding out for more money, why did he sign for minimum slary with the pats.

check this web site to see the figures of the pats cap yourself.

http://www.patsfans.com/miguel/

Fact is the dolphins have four starting safties on the roster as of right now. 2 of them would start on most teams in the nfl.

Maybe so, but you guys with your teal sunglasses ignored the fact that the Pats are deeper at corner, i.e. Burris as our 5th corner on the DC.

Wilson had a strong rookie season with 60 something tackles and 4 ints and hits like Rodney Harrison. And you can talk Surtain's meaningless Pro Bowl votes all you want, I'll take Law in a big game anyday and as a shutdown corner on the opponent's top WR.

Plus you have three of our depth player over yours and you didn't even mention A. Edwards. ohh and by the way
Edwards over Burris(miami five)

I did mention Edwards. But you are comparing a safety to a corner. Edwards is a mediocre safety but I still took him over Cherry who is a fine ST player but not a safety. Ditto for Chris Atkins by the way.

I also gave you Howard over T.Buck but that one's as close as Law and Surtain.

I think your rose-colored glasses are thicker than mine. :)

FlyingElvis said:
Maybe so, but you guys with your teal sunglasses ignored the fact that the Pats are deeper at corner, i.e. Burris as our 5th corner on the DC.

Wilson had a strong rookie season with 60 something tackles and 4 ints and hits like Rodney Harrison. And you can talk Surtain's meaningless Pro Bowl votes all you want, I'll take Law in a big game anyday and as a shutdown corner on the opponent's top WR.

I did mention Edwards. But you are comparing a safety to a corner. Edwards is a mediocre safety but I still took him over Cherry who is a fine ST player but not a safety. Ditto for Chris Atkins by the way.

Surtain I think is better than Law Plus when we play yall Your Law will face our Boston and lets see how good Law really is This is what I see Boston fought the Law and the Law got his neck broke

FlyingElvis said:

When comparing Edwards and Burris i was comparing our top backups, after our starters, its depth that counts. Freeman was our dime back last season, in case of an injury to any secondary he would come in. If its a corner, freeman would play dime back and Edwards would drop to safety.

As far as Freeman and Wilson, They both have had one year starting, but Freeman has four years of experience with consistant playing time. I've noticed though you didn't even attempt to say Wilson was better in your last post. You just rambled on about how he had a good rookie season, which by the stats i didn't think was all that good(not bad, but nothing to get excited about.)

You may feel Law is better, but why i brought up the pro bowl voting is because it is an unbiased opinion of how the players and fans feel about the players. You may say that the super bowl makes your team the best. On the same note pro bowl votes show who the concencous feel is the best player. You may feel differently but when the players and fans last year were polled, they though Surtain was the best CB in the conference. See it the way you want, but don't pretend not to be biased. I have no doubt you feel Law is better, and you would rather have him. I am mearly stating that its not what the concensous think.

On a last note, to think that Buckley is almost on par with Howard is ridiculous.

One more note on our secondaries. What will your secondary look like next year and beyond. Law will prolly leave, even if he does stay he will be 31(He was looking for that big contract this off season cause he knows he has hit his peak and there is no where to go but down).

Lets see who is in their thirties in your secondary .... Harrison, Law, buckley, burris. Three of the five starters and one a top backup. Law, buckley and burris are all up for free agency next year.

Now look at the fact miami has no starter 30 or over and all our players and signed through next year, our corners all signed for the next three years plus.

Your secondary is over rated and will fall apart next year.

Your missing the point.

CB surt, Smad, Howard, Poole, Roundtree
Safety. Knight, Edwards, Freeman, Wooden, Bell, Akins

Freeman has played dime back
From the looks of the miami depth chart there are going to be some real good players but from the secondary. My bet is that wooden does not make the team.
Roundtree has some real skills but laks exp.
Poole has shown alot so far but he is a wait and see.
I will take surt over law (esp with the rule enforcement change) any day.
I will take Smad over any other CB on the pats roster other then Law
Howard is younger, faster and gets burned less often then t-buck (remember we saw more of t-buck then you guys)
Harrison is better then any safety the fins have right now but I would say that the two best (starting ) dolphin safeties are better then the safety starting along side Harrison.
Depth? The fins have more exp at the Safety pos. Smad and surt are both PBers and howard has some exp but roudtree lacks exp and poole is a rookie.
This does not account for Bua ( will make roster most likely as a LB) who can play safety as well.
Our glasses may well be teal but they are as cleaar as yours at the moment.

One more note on our secondaries. What will your secondary look like next year and beyond.
The Pats have drafted 5 DBs in the last 2 drafts, 4 of them in the first 4 rounds. Obviously a couple of them are going to have to pan out. But with Belichick teaching them the position (and there is no better teacher at that position), they won't miss a beat when Law, and Harrison move on.

I've seen many so-called experts pick Law over Surtain. And many pick a certain corner in Baltimore over both of them.

You can call me a homer, fine. But you are at least my equal. At least I called it close, you had it 8-2 Phins which is ridiculous. Whatever.

FlyingElvis said:
The Pats have drafted 5 DBs in the last 2 drafts, 4 of them in the first 4 rounds. Obviously a couple of them are going to have to pan out. But with Belichick teaching them the position (and there is no better teacher at that position), they won't miss a beat when Law, and Harrison move on.

I've seen many so-called experts pick Law over Surtain. And many pick a certain corner in Baltimore over both of them.

You can call me a homer, fine. But you are at least my equal. At least I called it close, you had it 8-2 Phins which is ridiculous. Whatever.
You just continue to tell half the story.

4 DBs in the first four rounds. 5 Dbs overall.

lets see. 3 in the fourth and one in the second and one in the seventh. Your second rounder is Wilson who is already starting for you. He had a decent season for a rookie but still has alot to prove. That leaves 4 draft picks over the last two years all of them drafted the fourth round and lower. This is what you believe , in your own words, capable so the pats "won't miss a beat when Law, and Harrison move on". That is absolutely ridiculus. I forgot another name on my thirty plus list earlier. Poole your other starting corner will be 33 next year. So get ready to replace him in the near future too.

My point is that you only tell half the story. You paint your pats in the best light possible. They deserve alot of credit and they are getting it all over the media right now. Why do you have to make them out to be more than they are. You come on a rival teams message board and debate your team and can't even try to be unbiased, don't even attempt to tell the story in any other way than makes the pats look the best. They were the best team in the NFL last year. Just because they were the best "team" does not mean they have the best individual units too.

With every post you again and again prove that you are biased. Everything you have said just went as deep as was most benificial to the pats. Turn over all the stones, looks at the facts and then post. Don't just come on here and say your unit is better and not back it up.

I wouldn't waste my breath trying to explain anything to Dolphin fans. These guys like to stroke their own ego's to make themselves feel good about their underachieving team. I'd take a secondary who led the league in interceptions and passes defensed over anything else out there, end of story. That secondary happens to be the Patriots. Like Rodney Harrison said the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. The Dolphins clearly have the most OVERATED team and players in the NFL. Total choke artists when it counts. Patriots secondary makes the big plays baby and who can argue that?

Spin it any way you want Dolphins fans the only thing that matters is you will be looking up to us in the standings and our secondary will be shutting down offenses including your team just like always. Thats really all that matters.

lets see. 3 in the fourth and one in the second and one in the seventh. Your second rounder is Wilson who is already starting for you. He had a decent season for a rookie but still has alot to prove. That leaves 4 draft picks over the last two years all of them drafted the fourth round and lower. This is what you believe , in your own words, capable so the pats "won't miss a beat when Law, and Harrison move on". That is absolutely ridiculus.
And this is bad, how? Has it been proven somewhere that only 1st and 2nd rounders can play in this league? My god...

And I called it 4-4, with Jeff Burris putting the Pats over the top, a pretty decent corner. And you, with a team that finished 4 games behind and you call it 8-2, and I'm the one thats biased?

But go ahead, get the last word in. Every time you post, you strengthen my case. :rolleyes:

Elvis why waste your breath? Leave them to stroke each other....................... Dolphins fans: " Yeah our team is great......... right?"

" We have a lot of Pro Bowl players so we have to be good" LMAO!!! Oh boy.

Dolphins fans: "If we had NE's coaching staff our secondary would be just as good or better". HEY DOLPHINS FANS WAKE UP!!!!! You DON'T HAVE OUR COACHING STAFF, LMAO!!!! Get real.................how pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom