Deepest Secondary? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deepest Secondary?

WiGGy said:
I wouldn't waste my breath trying to explain anything to Dolphin fans. These guys like to stroke their own ego's to make themselves feel good about their underachieving team. I'd take a secondary who led the league in interceptions and passes defensed over anything else out there, end of story. That secondary happens to be the Patriots. Like Rodney Harrison said the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. The Dolphins clearly have the most OVERATED team and players in the NFL. Total choke artists when it counts. Patriots secondary makes the big plays baby and who can argue that?

Spin it any way you want Dolphins fans the only thing that matters is you will be looking up to us in the standings and our secondary will be shutting down offenses including your team just like always. Thats really all that matters.
You are full of sh**. By your reasoning then Minasota would have the second best secondary followed by the chiefs.

And you shouldn't be talking about stroking my own ego. I don't feel compelled to go on Patriot sites and tell everyone we are the best.

In your own words " Spin it any way you want Dolphins fans the only thing that matters is you will be looking up to us in the standings and our secondary will be shutting down offenses including your team just like always. Thats really all that matters."

Please tell me .....

Who is stroking their ego?

lemme answer that for you .....

You Are.

FlyingElvis said:
And this is bad, how? Has it been proven somewhere that only 1st and 2nd rounders can play in this league? My god...

And I called it 4-4, with Jeff Burris putting the Pats over the top, a pretty decent corner. And you, with a team that finished 4 games behind and you call it 8-2, and I'm the one thats biased?

But go ahead, get the last word in. Every time you post, you strengthen my case. :rolleyes:
I wasn't saying that low rounders can't play in the NFL. I was merely stating that the pats will miss a beat, contrary to your previous post. And if you think you could replace Law and Harrison with player with no experience your wrong. It wouldn't matter if they were all first rounders. Your D would will take a step back.

FlyingElvis said:
And this is bad, how? Has it been proven somewhere that only 1st and 2nd rounders can play in this league? My god...

And I called it 4-4, with Jeff Burris putting the Pats over the top, a pretty decent corner. And you, with a team that finished 4 games behind and you call it 8-2, and I'm the one thats biased?

But go ahead, get the last word in. Every time you post, you strengthen my case. :rolleyes:
I see you have fallen back on the old pats argument.

"And you, with a team that finished 4 games behind"

What does that have to do with the quality of our secondaries. I thought that was a reflection of our teams on a whole. I've already said you guys had the best team last year. Sorry but i won't concede you everything you ask just cause you won the super bowl last year. Unluckily for you, niether will the rest of the NFL. I know what you looking for, just watch some espn coverage. They stoke the pats almost as much as you guys.

If you look at statistics from 2003 the passing defences of both teams were very similar. New England gave up 202 yards and Miami 208 yards per game. New England gave up 11 TD's, Miami 12. New England had 29 interceptions and Miami 22. So as for you who are saying Miami's secondary is way better look at the statistics before you say that.

nicolosi718 said:
You are full of sh**. By your reasoning then Minasota would have the second best secondary followed by the chiefs.

And you shouldn't be talking about stroking my own ego. I don't feel compelled to go on Patriot sites and tell everyone we are the best.

In your own words " Spin it any way you want Dolphins fans the only thing that matters is you will be looking up to us in the standings and our secondary will be shutting down offenses including your team just like always. Thats really all that matters."

Please tell me .....

Who is stroking their ego?

lemme answer that for you .....

You Are.

No need to stroke, it's a fact unlike what you are spewing.

FlyingElvis said:
Well maybe he grew up in NE prior to Bob Kraft owning the team. It takes a TRUE fan to have stayed with the Pats through the 70s and 80s. :lol:

I never liked the pats when they sucked and even more now that they are good. And I was born and raised there as well.

WiGGy said:
Elvis why waste your breath? Leave them to stroke each other....................... Dolphins fans: " Yeah our team is great......... right?"

" We have a lot of Pro Bowl players so we have to be good" LMAO!!! Oh boy.

Dolphins fans: "If we had NE's coaching staff our secondary would be just as good or better". HEY DOLPHINS FANS WAKE UP!!!!! You DON'T HAVE OUR COACHING STAFF, LMAO!!!! Get real.................how pathetic.
Why do you come here then? At least Elvis brings good arguements to the table, unlike you. You're just a worthless troll.

He brought a good argument to the table and you basically told him he's full of it. It's a waste of time because both fans will never agree thats why I said that. So what have you brought to the table?

WiGGy said:
He brought a good argument to the table and you basically told him he's full of it.
Me? I never said anything to him. In fact, I think there's arguments for both teams.

It's a waste of time because both fans will never agree thats why I said that.
I agree.

So what have you brought to the table?
Saying nothing is better than bringing childish arguments like "you're choke artists" or "you will be looking up to us". If I were to take that route then I'd say "you guys were lucky" or "you guys get all the calls", but I don't, because it doesn't bring anything to the conversation.

Me? I never said anything to him. In fact, I think there's arguments for both teams.
He's confusing you with Nic, I think. But yeah, you aren't kidding. Not only is it splitting hairs between the secondaries, the front seven of both defenses are close.

But I'm not going there! :eek:

Homer Pile?

ltfinfan said:
espn are big homers for the patriots.
Since when? It seems to me that the ESPN guys were on an island for the last couple of years saying how Indy, KC and Denver (hack!) were the class of the AFC; Clayton, Mortenson, and Hoge especially.

LIQUID24 said:
Saying nothing is better than bringing childish arguments like "you're choke artists" or "you will be looking up to us". If I were to take that route then I'd say "you guys were lucky" or "you guys get all the calls", but I don't, because it doesn't bring anything to the conversation.
True, beacuse the bottom line is that the Pats have a better-run front office and better coaching. When you really get down to it, we are talking about relatively equal talent levels on the field.

Back
Top Bottom