Deion Branch to be traded? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Branch to be traded?

I think Branch is a greedy ba$ terd. Tedy Bruschi came back from a stroke and save puppies from a burning car plus he's god like and you don't see him pulling crap like this. :shakeno:

MR NFLFAN said:
I think Branch is a greedy ba$ terd. Tedy Bruschi came back from a stroke and save puppies from a burning car plus he's god like and you don't see him pulling crap like this. :shakeno:

God-like? You mean he is God. :shakeno: You need to watch Sunday Night Football more often.

Still lost on why some of you fear Porter coming to NE. The guys is way over rated. Branch kills us, Porter has struggled with us. Last year you had guys double and triple teaming Moss and Porter still stunk it up. (I know I had him in my fantasy league)

Branch is a SB MVP who has never embarrassed his team. Hes been a model citezen in NE and been Tom Bradys go to guy. He deserves a raise. If anyone earned it he did. I think the offer they gave him is fair and hopefully hell sign it after he sees his market value.

Im taking off my homer hat and say Id love to have him here. Hes better than Booker or Welker or any of the other guys we have after Chambers. Hed be an awseome 2 for us.

Jackson tweaked his hamstring. Supposedly could play, but the Pats are taking it easy with him.

I see.

I don't think Branch will be traded. The Pats will let him test the market to see if he can get a deal that he wants, when he says that no one is willing to overpay him and give up some high draft picks for him, he'll shut up and go back to Boston, sign a contract and have some chowda.

Dirtywater said:
Thank You.

This is all about market value.

This is nothing more than a negotiating tactic by the Patriots front office.

That's what I think, as well. I believe thay're just trying to wake Branch up and bring him back down to earth. Although, I would expect to see a few teams ( Eagles in particular) making some pretty strong overtures for him. One big question remains, though. If he stays in NE has he worn out his welcome?
BTW, I keep meaning to tell you, I like the screen name. I'm old enough to remember The Standells.

I'll say it right now, the only teams that have a good chance of landing Branch are the Vikings and Eagles. And he may not even fit in with the Vikings West Coast Offense...plus the Pats play them this year...

MR NFLFAN said:
I think Branch is a greedy ba$ terd.

Hey there's no think to it. He absolutely is being greedy and unreasonable. But he's not the first, nor will he be the last. I'll pose the same question to you that I did Dirtywater: Even if Branch comes back to play for you guys, has he worn out his welcome because of this?

ThePats said:
Theres a difference. Brady is very possibly the best Quarterback in the league. Richard Seymour is perhaps one of the top 3 lineman in the league. Without those two guys, offense and defense would be screwed. Both are really the two MOST IMPORTANT players we have on the team. Deion Branch isnt in their league.

Richard Seymore isnt even in the top 10 of DE in the league.

Here's a list of guys that are easily better than him:

Julius Peppers
Michael Strahan
Jevon Kearse
Leonard Little
Dwight Freeney
Jason Taylor
Simeon Rice
Bertrand Berry
Terrell Suggs
John Abraham

And Tom Brady got signed to a new deal because Billy B likes Brady and knew that if Brady went to a different team then Tommy Boy wouldn't do nearly as good. So he saved Brady the embarrassment and resgined him to a big deal to keep him happy and make him thinks he is a good QB.

MR NFLFAN said:

I don't think god could have a stroke.

phins4gish said:

Julius Peppers
Michael Strahan
Jevon Kearse
Leonard Little
Dwight Freeney
Jason Taylor
Simeon Rice
Bertrand Berry
Terrell Suggs
John Abraham

And Tom Brady got signed to a new deal because Billy B likes Brady and knew that if Brady went to a different team then Tommy Boy wouldn't do nearly as good. So he saved Brady the embarrassment and resgined him to a big deal to keep him happy and make him thinks he is a good QB.
Dude...stop it. Leonard Little?:sidelol: The only thing Little is good at is killing people with his car. Only 3 of the guys you listed are in Seymour's league as an ALL AROUND defensive end (JT, Peppers and Strahan).

Your'e thinking statistics. Seymour plays in a 3-4 defense, he'll never put up big numbers as an end in a 3-4.

You take your Freeney's and Little's and Suggs'....I'll take complete defensive ends everyday of the week.

unifiedtheory said:
Dude...stop it. Leonard Little?:sidelol: The only thing Little is good at is killing people with his car. Only 3 of the guys you listed are in Seymour's league as an ALL AROUND defensive end (JT, Peppers and Strahan).

Your'e thinking statistics. Seymour plays in a 3-4 defense, he'll never put up big numbers as an end in a 3-4.

You take your Freeney's and Little's and Suggs'....I'll take complete defensive ends everyday of the week.

I agree, seymour is the man. Maybe not quuiiitte as good as Pats fans think he is, but he's a top 3 DE IMO.

late again said:
Hey there's no think to it. He absolutely is being greedy and unreasonable. But he's not the first, nor will he be the last. I'll pose the same question to you that I did Dirtywater: Even if Branch comes back to play for you guys, has he worn out his welcome because of this?

Depends when he comes back. If Deion does this soon then no he won't have worn out his welcome but is he waits until week 10 then I'll be happier if he's traded. I do think that a lot of Patriot fans blame his agent more than Deion for inflating his ego to think he's worth a break the bank contract. I also feel that many of us pats fans are sick of hearing about his holdout and how he was forced into a 5 yr rookie contract and he should be a FA already. Deion was represented by Chayut when he signed that original contract so one would have to assume he gave Deion bad advice then just like he's doing now. If that original rookie contact was so unfair why didn't he have Branch hold out then? I think Deion can save a lot of face in NE by firing his knothole agent because its obvious to me and many other this whole hold out was his Idea or his plan and his plan seems hell bent on getting back at the Pats for the rookie contract because that all he wants to talk about.
As for myself I like what Deion brings to our team and want to see him back in time to help this team compete for a playoff spot but in the same aspect he has to be willing to settle on a fair contract, one thats fair to both him and the team.

MR NFLFAN said:
Depends when he comes back. If Deion does this soon then no he won't have worn out his welcome but is he waits until week 10 then I'll be happier if he's traded. I do think that a lot of Patriot fans blame his agent more than Deion for inflating his ego to think he's worth a break the bank contract. I also feel that many of us pats fans are sick of hearing about his holdout and how he was forced into a 5 yr rookie contract and he should be a FA already. Deion was represented by Chayut when he signed that original contract so one would have to assume he gave Deion bad advice then just like he's doing now. If that original rookie contact was so unfair why didn't he have Branch hold out then? I think Deion can save a lot of face in NE by firing his knothole agent because its obvious to me and many other this whole hold out was his Idea or his plan and his plan seems hell bent on getting back at the Pats for the rookie contract because that all he wants to talk about.
As for myself I like what Deion brings to our team and want to see him back in time to help this team compete for a playoff spot but in the same aspect he has to be willing to settle on a fair contract, one thats fair to both him and the team.

While I understand your point regarding the placement of blame, my opinion is that ultimately the blame needs to be shouldered by Branch, period. I believe that quite often some fans are reluctant to stay too angry with players that they like simply because they like him. So they look for someone/something else to point a finger at. ie: fan reaction to the Ricky Williams debacle.
For me the bottom line is if you're an adult then you have ownership of the outcomes of your choices. Branch certainly has a responsibility to self and family. But he also (should) feel a responsibility to his team mates. And I suppose it needs to be mentioned that there ought to somewhere be something instilled in him that believes in doing the right thing; which is honoring a contract that he knowingly signed his name to. He's not alone though-there's plenty of others with the same kind of attitude.

phins4gish said:

Julius Peppers
Michael Strahan
Jevon Kearse
Leonard Little
Dwight Freeney
Jason Taylor
Simeon Rice
Bertrand Berry
Terrell Suggs
John Abraham

Like others pointed out your looking at the stats and stats will easily lie in a 3-4 defense especially for Seymour who plays lots of DT. He gets double and tripe teamed every play. Thats why the Patriots can blitz very well, Seymour can pick up a TE and a lineman to try to block him easy, you could even put another lineman on Seymour and make him triple teamed. You just dont get it. Seymour could easily put up top 3 statistics if offenses were so aware he is an absolute beast on the line. And you watch Seymour twice a year, I thought you might have a clue what happens to Seymour during games, every single play. :shakeno:

Oh yeah if you notice when the Patriots dont have Seymour like many times last year our defense is usually ridiculously bad. Without Seymour the linebackers are ineffective and thaty makes the secondary ineffective. There is a chain here. Without Seymour we might as well put no defense on the field as we'd just be getting gashed by any decent RB in the league.

late again said:
While I understand your point regarding the placement of blame, my opinion is that ultimately the blame needs to be shouldered by Branch, period. I believe that quite often some fans are reluctant to stay too angry with players that they like simply because they like him. So they look for someone/something else to point a finger at. ie: fan reaction to the Ricky Williams debacle.
For me the bottom line is if you're an adult then you have ownership of the outcomes of your choices. Branch certainly has a responsibility to self and family. But he also (should) feel a responsibility to his team mates. And I suppose it needs to be mentioned that there ought to somewhere be something instilled in him that believes in doing the right thing; which is honoring a contract that he knowingly signed his name to. He's not alone though-there's plenty of others with the same kind of attitude.

I said that most Pats fan blame Deions agent and this is one of the reasons.
As you can see from his comments in the time line on April 6th 2006 Deion planned on honoring his contract then May 12 he's a no show for mini camps. 3 Weeks went by and all of a sudden he's holding out. Someone changed his mind within that 3 weeks and I believe his greedy agent wanted his 3 percent on the FA contract that Deion wasn't eligable to received yet so he's trying to make him eligable. I still think 3yrs/19 million is a fair offer.

From the BostonHearld.com
The Branch time line

April 20, 2002: Branch selected in second round of draft, 65th overall out of Louisville.
July 23, 2002: Signs five-year, $2.93 million rookie contract, earning second-round minimum each season.
2002: Catches 43 passes for 489 yards and two touchdowns as a rookie.
2003: Catches 57 passes for 803 yards and three TDs.
Feb. 1, 2004: Catches 10 passes for 143 yards and a score in Super Bowl victory over Carolina.
2004: Limited to nine games due to injury, catches 35 passes for 454 yards and four TDs.
Feb. 6, 2005: Named Super Bowl MVP after catching 11 passes for 133 yards in a victory over Philadelphia.
2005: Sets career highs with 78 catches for 998 yards and five TDs.
Jan. 14, 2006: Adds to playoff numbers with 8 catches for 153 yards in loss at Denver.
March 2, 2006: Incentive clause kicks in, boosting Branch’s 2006 pay from $545,000 to $1.045 million.
April 6, 2006: Branch tells Herald, “My job is to finish my contract regardless of whether I get an extension or not. Coach (Bill) Belichick has given me every opportunity to excel here. This is where I want to be, and I’m pretty sure things will work out.â€Â
June 12, 2006: Branch skips team’s charity golf tournament.
June 13, 2006: Branch a no-show when minicamp opens.
May, 2006: Branch rejects five- and three-year deals from the Pats worth between $5.5 and $6 million a year. Says he’ll report to camp if team agrees not to place franchise tag on him. Patriots refuse.
July 28, 2006: Branch skips the start of training camp and his holdout becomes official.
Aug. 1, 2006: In an interview with Sports Illustrated, quarterback Tom Brady pines for Branch’s return.
Aug. 22, 2006: In an interview with Ch. 4, Branch says, “I’ve got a great feeling that we’re both going to do what’s right. We’re going to make sure everything works out.â€Â
Friday, Aug. 25: The Patriots announce they have given Branch permission to seek a trade. He has until Sept. 1 to negotiate a contract with a new team.

Back
Top Bottom