Deion Branch to be traded? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Branch to be traded?

I hate to say this, but you know that NE will just plug someone else in, and he'll have the same success that Branch had.

The Pats' offensive system makes those receivers, not the other way around.

See David Patten's career since leaving NE for Washington as an example.

we wouldnt get branch anyway, the pats would never trade their best WR to a team in their division, especially a team who only finished a game behind them last year

Brady will certainly miss Branch, and so will the offense. He was the Patriots #1 WR the last time I checked. I'm a happy camper knowing his days with Brady may be over. He was basically all they have at WR. LOL!!!!! WOOOOT!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

FinNasty said:
Watching the Pats crumble is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a while. It is truely breath taking...

I don't see it that way.

This is simply the NE "way".

Everytime someone threatens a holdout, the team ups the ante and plays hard ball. How many NE players have held out recently (past 3 or 4 years)? How many are still with the team?

More often than not, a holdout in NE = Cut or Traded.

Think about it, other than Brady, who have they resigned recently to large contracts?

They just let the biggest clutch kicker of all time walk away and replaced him with a rookie. The same kicker who has made many of their SuperBowls possible. They let him walk.

This is the NE way. Build through the draft and sprinkle in some cheap veterans.

And while it doesn't seem like we are doing the same things, we are. We don't overpay for vets. We wait and get them at our price. A 2nd for Daunte, highway robbery.

Desides said:
I don't think we need Branch. We have a glut at WR as it is. He'll probably wind up in Philly or Chicago.

Yeah, I could easily see him going to Philly. In fact, I'll be surprised if they don't jump in the mix right away.

finfan54 said:
Branch will become ordinary once he leaves Brady.

BS. Branch has great hands and great speed. Hes a very good WR. With Culpepper hed do just as well. Id love to have him.

enigmatics said:
Take a moment to think to yourself would they really trade him to us?

No.

The traded Drew Bledsoe to Buff they would trade Branch to us.

He isnt going anywhere...NE is very smart and they are going to let the other "interested" teams set his market value....It will end up right around 6.5 mil and he will sign the offer on the table. Branch isnt worth anymore than that.

I hope that Deion goes to a NFC team that we don't have to play for quite a while. Maybe this will get Tom Brady out of his comfort zone a little bit. I know that is a major reach, but we can always hope.

Living here in New England makes that news fantastic...More crap I can give all my a-hole buddies!!:sidelol:

zeke0123 said:
He isnt going anywhere...NE is very smart and they are going to let the other "interested" teams set his market value....It will end up right around 6.5 mil and he will sign the offer on the table. Branch isnt worth anymore than that.

Thank You.

This is all about market value. He is still under contract to the Patriots, and the Pats front office isn't just letting him walk away. You can"W00t" all you want, but we will get somethiing in return if we trade him (which won't happen.)

They gave him a week to find a team that we will accept their trade offer from, and in addition, do an extention with. It took Denver 6 months to trade Lelie. Branch has a week and an idiot agent. You do the math.

This is nothing more than a negotiating tactic by the Patriots front office.

By reading this thread, you'd assume we are going to trade him to the first team that offers us a 7th round pick. Sorry. Welcome to the NFL, your guys will need new contracts soon, and well, if you keep winning like you say you will, welcome to contract hell as well.

Back
Top Bottom