Deion Branch to be traded? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Branch to be traded?

Wow, didn't see this one coming at all, if he gets with another team, man I'd love that..

MDFINFAN said:
Wow, didn't see this one coming at all, if he gets with another team, man I'd love that..

Yeah, unless NE trades Branch to Oak for Porter... I would MUCH rather play against Branch then Porter (with something to prove)

Scott Andrew said:
Yeah, unless NE trades Branch to Oak for Porter... I would MUCH rather play against Branch then Porter (with something to prove)

I'd rather see porter who we've contained pretty well than Branch who burns us constantly, but I hope NE just gets a draft choice for him if he successful in finding a team to sign him.

Dion Branch is better than Porter. Even with Randy Moss taking most of the attention of the defense Porter couldnt do much. Over rated.

Philly and KC should be doing what they can to get Branch. Hed be a big plus for either of them.

NathanHunt said:
I don't see it that way.

This is simply the NE "way".

Everytime someone threatens a holdout, the team ups the ante and plays hard ball. How many NE players have held out recently (past 3 or 4 years)? How many are still with the team?

More often than not, a holdout in NE = Cut or Traded.

Think about it, other than Brady, who have they resigned recently to large contracts?

They just let the biggest clutch kicker of all time walk away and replaced him with a rookie. The same kicker who has made many of their SuperBowls possible. They let him walk.

This is the NE way. Build through the draft and sprinkle in some cheap veterans.

And while it doesn't seem like we are doing the same things, we are. We don't overpay for vets. We wait and get them at our price. A 2nd for Daunte, highway robbery.

Well, they just paid Richard Seymour. That was unusual, but he did get paid after sitting out. They also paid Brady, so there are two guys.

:dolphins:

I don't think he'll be traded. I think he'll see that the other teams around the league will offer similar contracts that the Patriots have already offered, and he'll go back to NE.

Hope they don't trade him for Jerry Porter with Oakland. That would be bad.

I think that we could possible get in a 3 team trade with the raiders and the pats.....raiders get branch......we get jerry porter (who is disgruntled in oakland but in great condition, etc.) and the pats get..... a 3rd (?sound about right?)

PublixSubsRule said:
I think that we could possible get in a 3 team trade with the raiders and the pats.....raiders get branch......we get jerry porter (who is disgruntled in oakland but in great condition, etc.) and the pats get..... a 3rd (?sound about right?)

3rd does not sound right. I heard they would not let him go for no less than a 1st. So it would take at least a 2nd rounder. besides we are set at WR.

PublixSubsRule said:

I agree. With Brady in his prime, the Pats' goal would be to let Branch go to Oakland in addition to seeing a division rival get stronger at WR with Porter.

A 5th round pick to NE should seal it up.

Dirtywater said:
I agree. With Brady in his prime, the Pats' goal would be to let Branch go to Oakland in addition to seeing a division rival get stronger at WR with Porter.

A 5th round pick to NE should seal it up.

I heard that the Colts want to give us Harrison for a bag of stale Fiery Habenero Doritos. So Branch can't be worth more than a gum wrapper and a water popsicle (ice on a stick).

Skeet84 said:
Hope they don't trade him for Jerry Porter with Oakland. That would be bad.

:yeahthat:

i called a friend and i was like the pats are trading branch and hes like cool but the pats are gonna need someone good in return in a trade:hmmm: i hope porter doesnt come to ne

they would never trade in division i just want him away from the pats him and tom have that thing that happens to offten

Not really that big a deal, Branch would be probably be at best our third receiver. Caldwell with new England
s offense could possibly do what Branch did.

EndZone13 said:
Well, they just paid Richard Seymour. That was unusual, but he did get paid after sitting out. They also paid Brady, so there are two guys.

:dolphins:
Theres a difference. Brady is very possibly the best Quarterback in the league. Richard Seymour is perhaps one of the top 3 lineman in the league. Without those two guys, offense and defense would be screwed. Both are really the two MOST IMPORTANT players we have on the team. Deion Branch isnt in their league.

Back
Top Bottom