Deshaun Watson | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson

Talking about distance, not velocity. That Tua is a better overall qb is obvious. No one was comparing the 2 regardless of the definition being understood as 'arm strength'.

In the end we dodged a bullet and improved.
We sign watson. And another 5 year or more rebuild again.

Today we have this team ready to compete at the highest level.

1. Great players

2. Great coaches

3. Great and talented allaround.

Talking about distance, not velocity. That Tua is a better overall qb is obvious. No one was comparing the 2 regardless of the definition being understood as 'arm strength'.

In the end we dodged a bullet and improved.
It just makes you wonder how strong Tua’s arm would be if his father hadn’t forced him to throw left handed when everything else he does is with his right hand.

His father forced him to convert to throwing left handed because his father was left handed and wanted his son to convert to throwing the football left handed. At the time Tua threw right handed and having to convert to throwing left handed has probably taken away some of the “ arm strength” some posters complain about.

We sign watson. And another 5 year or more rebuild again.

Today we have this team ready to compete at the highest level.

1. Great players

2. Great coaches

3. Great and talented allaround.

Exactly. It would have been a disaster that would've made a lot of our past mistakes look like nothing in comparison. Like just on the player standpoint and seeing how uninterested he looks...thinking it'd be like the signing of Eric Green in 1995 (when you think about how big of a bust it was once he got his cash and mailed it in)...oh Green was going to be as good or better weapon than Keith Jackson....NOT

It just makes you wonder how strong Tua’s arm would be if his father hadn’t forced him to throw left handed when everything else he does is with his right hand.

His father forced him to convert to throwing left handed because his father was left handed and wanted his son to convert to throwing the football left handed. At the time Tua threw right handed and having to convert to throwing left handed has probably taken away some of the “ arm strength” some posters complain about.
Exactamundo...I mentioned this exact same thing to my son while watching the game this past week.

question asks GIF

Flores was clueless as a coach. Still is.

As someone that recognized the problem Flores became (1st red flag was his handling of Minkah Fitzpatrick) and was happy he was let go (remember when that decision was deemed controversial by the mainstream media?), I actually believe that BF is a good coach. The problem is his personality and ego. They get in the way and counterfeit the good he brings to the table.

I had the same issue as a kid. I was left-handed and my mom -- who was only 20 at the time -- was convinced by various professionals of the time (1970's) that being left-handed was bad so she converted me to a right-handed kid.

I am ambidextrous, but largely do things right handed as a result. I had a really strong arm growing up. I could throw a football 65 yards and was once clocked at 92 throwing a baseball, but always wondered if my left-arm would have been even stronger had I been able to develop it growing up. I often tease my mom that she might have cost me a career as a left-handed pitcher in the majors since they are so coveted. ;)

WRT Tua's arm strength, I continue to assert that it is a false narrative. His arm was never a problem at Alabama. He did lose some strength and torque due to the hip injury, but I think he's got most of it back now. Would he be better as a right-hander? For all we know, perhaps his accuracy or motion wouldn't be as good. We'll never know for sure.

Last edited:
He was an elite QB until going out of the lineup in 2021. The guy single-handedly had Houston in games they had no business being in. If you couldn't see that, that's more of an indictment on you.

That said, I was definitely not one pushing to trade for him. The cost was not only way too high, but I've been an advocate for Tua since before he was drafted. And I certainly wasn't on-board with moving on from him as so many other quick triggered fans were.

WRT Deshaun Watson, the near 2 seasons he missed clearly has affected his game. He's not the same player he was before. Time will tell whether he finds his way back.

I remember Le'Veon Bell sitting out a season then coming back with the Jests. He wasn't the same player either. Missing that kinda time seems to set players back quite a bit. Watson missed an entire season then another 11 games. So he's really behind the proverbial 8-ball.
I agree, missing time really sets players back quite a bit. I find it odd that an injured player coming back really doesn't miss a beat (once fully healed). Can if be because of rehab for injury, and just sitting around when they sit out on their own?

Tua is the complete opposite of watson.

He was highfiving and laughing with Connor Williams on the bench after when Connor had a bad snap.

Tuas attitude. In the bench is an attitude of lets get it right next time even if you did something wrong.

That's why every dolphin player root for him and are so happy to have him as a teammate.

His attitude will take him places because every player will play hard for him and McDaniels.

That alone will take this team to the next level and far in the playoffs.

We are almost there. Go phins.
Tua took a devastating sack the play before he won the national championship with a beautiful deep ball in basically his first real leverage playing time in college football. His unflappability is just a part of what can make him great.

I wanted Drew brees so I was correct there. Wanted brady quinn. Didn't want herbert. Didn't want tua because of injuries.

Wanted devante parker and we drafted him. Only time we got a player when I did too. And he turned out injury prone.

As far as injuries and talent we fans might have finnally lucked out with tua.

The fb tend and rbs need to keep on helping the oline with the blocking and tua stand healthy til the end of the year. Im talking late january..making a run in the playoffs.

2024 Superbowl final score:

phins 41
Eagles 27

Tua 27 for 31 430 yards 5 td passes
Mastert 22 rushes for 125 yards
Tyreek waddle berrios cracraft combo
25 catches and 5 tds
The kicker makes 2 field goals and 5 extra points. Perfectville

Go phins

Exactamundo...I mentioned this exact same thing to my son while watching the game this past week.

question asks GIF
I had the same issue as a kid. I was left-handed and my mom -- who was only 20 at the time -- was convinced by various professionals of the time (1970's) that being left-handed was bad so she converted me to a right-handed kid.

I am ambidextrous, but largely do thing right handed as a result. I had a really strong arm growing up. I could throw a football 65 yards and was once clocked at 92 throwing a baseball, but always wondered if my left-arm would have been even stronger had I been able to develop it growing up. I often tease my mom that she might have cost me a career as a left-handed pitcher in the majors since they are so coveted. ;)

WRT Tua's arm strength, I continue to assert that it is a false narrative. His arm was never a problem at Alabama. He did lose some strength and torque due to the hip injury, but I think he's got most of it back now. Would he be better as a right-hander? For all we know, perhaps his accuracy or motion wouldn't be as good. We'll never know for sure.
I am not one of those who thinks Tua has a weak arm. He can make every throw needed in the NFL and the fact he can’t throw it as far as some other QB’s is irrelevant to me. There just aren’t a lot of offensive plays that call for the QB to hit a receiver 70 yards downfield.

Good point.

Also, if he's this good with his non dominant arm.... dang, how good could he have been utilizing his dominant arm.

It's kind of scary.

Imagine the same Tua, only never underthrowing a pass.

WHAT!!!!!!

And a lot of posters on here

I wish I'd kept receipts on them, but I couldn't be bothered with that nonsense at the time. I always thought trying to get Watson was short-sighted and just plain dumb.

D. Watson looked like a disaster last night still. Slow to make reads, holding on to the ball too long, often quite inaccurate, poor decisions, its been very poor so far

I wish I'd kept receipts on them, but I couldn't be bothered with that nonsense at the time. I always thought trying to get Watson was short-sighted and just plain dumb.
All I have to do is look at the posters on my ignore list. Because they were all anti-Tua and pro trading for Watson.

Back
Top Bottom