Deshaun Watson | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson

Totally agree. Flores is another Belichick disciple who thinks defence still wins championships. You have to wonder what kind of personality he has when no offensive co-ordinator worth a lick wanted to work with him.

Those first 2 years with Tua, how could Flores not see the lack of receiving talent, the stupidly tight windows Tua was fitting the ball into, the awful game planning, the awful play calling, throwing him into games he had no right being in as he hadn't recovered from the hip injury, pulling him from games for no reason and yet Tua was still putting up average QB numbers, not bottom of the barrel numbers like Zack Wilson. If it was obvious to me that Tua would be good if you got him some level of receiving talent and some form of play calling, how did the head coach not see it?
Because it was all about FLORES! Another Belechick emperor..

I am not one of those who thinks Tua has a weak arm. He can make every throw needed in the NFL and the fact he can’t throw it as far as some other QB’s is irrelevant to me. There just aren’t a lot of offensive plays that call for the QB to hit a receiver 70 yards downfield.
Results > pundits

As someone that recognized the problem Flores became (1st red flag was his handling of Minkah Fitzpatrick) and was happy he was let go (remember when that decision was deemed controversial by the mainstream media?), I actually believe that BF is a good coach. The problem is his personality and ego. They get in the way and counterfeit the good he brings to the table.
What I remember is a lot of posters sided with Flores and they really turned against Fitzpatrick. A player Nick Saban stated was one of the hardest workers he ever had and a player who was willing to play wherever he was needed.

At the time many people thought it was Fitzpatrick who was the problem. Unfortunately it took a couple of years to realize who the real problem was.

What I remember is a lot of posters sided with Flores and they really turned against Fitzpatrick. A player Nick Saban stated was one of the hardest workers he ever had and a player who was willing to play wherever he was needed.

At the time many people thought it was Fitzpatrick who was the problem. Unfortunately it took a couple of years to realize who the real problem was.
There were rumors of a situation with a female and a teammate at the time…. That he demanded out of the locker room because of it.

Brian Flores is about to sue him for making Flores look bad after he spent a year publicly trying to trade for him

There were rumors of a situation with a female and a teammate at the time…. That he demanded out of the locker room because of it.
Rumors which were probably started by Flores so he could justify trading the best player on defense at the time.

Can you imagine the secondary if they had Fitzpatrick, Holland, Howard, Ramsey, and Kohou? That would be as frightening to opposing offenses as the Dolphins offense is to opposing defenses now.

This fool ends up throwing an interception returned for a TD and fumbles the ball for a TD. I remember when some fans where pounding to get him and getting rid of Tua. Definitely dodged a bullet here.
I never wanted him even if he wasn’t a pervert. His best season they still went 4-12. Nothing about him said “winner” to me.

That whole thing rubbed me the wrong way from camp when he was putting McCain on the depth chart ahead of Minkah for safety. Mind games it seemed. Who knows what the real story was but it seemed really weird.

Flores is one of those sad coaches who demands... needs his underlings to bow down to him.
Minkah was a showy, whiny punk with a lot of talent.

It was a VERY bad pairing.

There is some serious revisionist history going on here thinking Flores was the only one who wanted Watson here. Flores is bad news, good defensive coach, but a malcontent who couldn't get along with others, went through offensive coaches on a yearly basis like used toilet paper, basically a dickhead. Glad he's gone.

That being said, let's not pretend that the only reason Watson isn't here is because 2 of his 22 accusers refused to settle during the 2021 season. Flores, Grier, and Ross were all on board and ready to go with the trade, but Ross required all legal issues resolved.

That whole thing rubbed me the wrong way from camp when he was putting McCain on the depth chart ahead of Minkah for safety. Mind games it seemed. Who knows what the real story was but it seemed really weird.
Don’t forget the squabble with Stills getting petty by playing Jay-Z songs.

So many things are clear in retrospect.

There is some serious revisionist history going on here thinking Flores was the only one who wanted Watson here. Flores is bad news, good defensive coach, but a malcontent who couldn't get along with others, went through offensive coaches on a yearly basis like used toilet paper, basically a dickhead. Glad he's gone.

That being said, let's not pretend that the only reason Watson isn't here is because 2 of his 22 accusers refused to settle during the 2021 season. Flores, Grier, and Ross were all on board and ready to go with the trade, but Ross required all legal issues resolved.
While I agree that it appeared Ross and Grier were willing to make the trade if certain conditions were met by Watson. The real issue was Flores did everything he could to negate Tua while pushing for the front office to make the trade for Watson.

Flores didn’t have a clue when it came to hiring a good offensive coaching staff. So he tried to blame Tua for his own failures and wanted to force Ross and Grier into trading for Watson. Thankfully Watson wasn’t willing to settle all the lawsuits by paying off the women and and Ross refused to agree to trade for Watson.

Ross and Grier got very lucky that the trade didn’t go through and then got even luckier when they fired Flores and hired MCDaniel.

Flores is one of those sad coaches who demands... needs his underlings to bow down to him.
Minkah was a showy, whiny punk with a lot of talent.

It was a VERY bad pairing.
Funny how Fitzpatrick never had an attitude problem at Alabama or with the Steelers since being traded to Pittsburg. Yet you still view him as a “showy, whiny punk“.

I believe that Fitzpatrick was just responding to how he was treated by Flores and wanted to be traded because he couldn’t stand playing for Flores.

In retrospect I can easily see why Fitzpatrick didn’t have any interest in playing for Flores. Just the way Flores treated Tua clearly showed that Flores wasn’t a head coach most players would want to play for.

Funny how Fitzpatrick never had an attitude problem at Alabama or with the Steelers since being traded to Pittsburg. Yet you still view him as a “showy, whiny punk“.

I believe that Fitzpatrick was just responding to how he was treated by Flores and wanted to be traded because he couldn’t stand playing for Flores.

In retrospect I can easily see why Fitzpatrick didn’t have any interest in playing for Flores. Just the way Flores treated Tua clearly showed that Flores wasn’t a head coach most players would want to play for.
I do.

The final piece of the Minkah puzzle was when his mother... his freaking mother... went to the press and complained about how her baby boy was upset at how he was being used... after minkah had claimed to be completely willing to be used as a 'swiss army knife'.

Clearly... he'd been whining to Mommy.

Back
Top Bottom