detroit wont take cutler-martz | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

detroit wont take cutler-martz

Finfanforever said:
Good post. I agree. Even Michael Vick isn't as HOT as everyone thought he WOULD be because let's face it...he's a GREAT RUNNER but only AVERAGE PASSER. No thanks...I'll pass on Young.

How do you get average passer? 65% comp rating...over 3000yds...9.3 yds per att...one of the highest in all college football.

fishypete said:
How do you get average passer? 65% comp rating...over 3000yds...9.3 yds per att...one of the highest in all college football.

Aren't the Dolphins in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAQUE? Or did they transfer the franchise to the NCAA? The average passer I was referring to is Michael Vick. Who knows what Young will become but...I have a hunch! :rolleyes2

Finfanforever said:
How do you know that if Saban trades Ricky he'll make a play for D'Brick or Young? How do you know it's not Cutler? Young is a GREAT athlete BUT...WILL HE BE A GREAT NFL QB? or a GOOD QB for that matter? Maybe...but from what I have read, scouts are either very curious about his abilities or they "won't touch him with a ten-foot pole" I have a hunch (I said hunch) that Saban likes Cutler, Croyle, or even Whithurst. After that we just MAY see a trade to bring a vet in here. I personally think Saban makes the move to land Cutler or takes Croyle in the late 2nd or early 3rd.
Pete, I know YOU HATE Cutler...but aren't you being a little presumptuous here?

Actually I don't hate any one....well maybe my X....But for a coach to spend two number one draft picks...on a player...that player has to be special...there's only three special players in the top 5 in this draft...Bush, Young and the Brick. As special as Marino was....Shula didn't use two number drafts picks on him....as special as Favre was...he was a second round pick....Cutler has talent...but he's far from being special.

Finfanforever said:
Aren't the Dolphins in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAQUE? Or did they transfer the franchise to the NCAA? The average passer I was referring to is Michael Vick. Who knows what Young will become but...I have a hunch! :rolleyes2

Under your premise....Leinart stats don't matter either...so why keep them? Why not just pick players good or not from the SEC...how silly would that be?

fishypete said:
Actually I don't hate any one....well maybe my X....But for a coach to spend two number one draft picks...on a player...that player has to be special...there's only three special players in the top 5 in this draft...Bush, Young and the Brick. As special as Marino was....Shula didn't use two number drafts picks on him....as special as Favre was...he was a second round pick....Cutler has talent...but he's far from being special.

Pete,
Young was special in college football...that means very little in regard to the NFL...especially at QB. He may be a savior or a complete bust...or somewhere in between. Leinart is the MOST complete QB in this draft suited for the NFL. Young needs work but...he's a GREAT athlete. Cutler has ALL the tools but because of the team he was on the question remains "just how good is he? Special?...Young?...maybe. D'brick...Bush...ABSOLUTELY!

Finfanforever said:
Pete,
Young was special in college football...that means very little in regard to the NFL...especially at QB. He may be a savior or a complete bust...or somewhere in between. Leinart is the MOST complete QB in this draft suited for the NFL. Young needs work but...he's a GREAT athlete. Cutler has ALL the tools but because of the team he was on the question remains "just how good is he? Special?...Young?...maybe. D'brick...Bush...ABSOLUTELY!

Young was the top player coming out of High school....now he's one of the top players coming out of college. What he has done in the past...and what he can do in the future makes him special. Lets remember...he's not a 6 ft 205 player....he's a 6'5" 235 lb player that runs and has the moves of that smaller player.

fishypete said:
CK...I can't dispute that Saban likes draft picks....but so does his mentor...and we know he has used them to move up at times. My line of thinking is this....you don't trade away a top player unless you believe you are going to get the same value or more...with that pick....that kind of value is found in the top 5 draft picks in this draft. Take away Bush and Leinart...I don't believe they would fit in our plans....that leaves the Brick, Young and Hawk. Out of those players...is Hawk that good above all other Linebackers and worth that price? Maybe...but I don't see a large gap between him and the other top 3 or 4 linebackers in this draft...to me that leaves the Brick and Young. If Saban selected either one of them I would be happy....both are special and upgrades the team....Brick and Croyle....or Young and Scott, or Mangold and or Lawson would be a great one-two draft. IMHO of course.

George Perles loves draft picks? Or maybe you mean Steve Belichick? Bill Belichick is most definitely NOT Nick Saban's "mentor". And besides, I can't recall a single time Belichick has moved up in the draft. My memory could just be bad, but god help me if I can think of a single time.

fishypete said:
Under your premise....Leinart stats don't matter either...so why keep them? Why not just pick players good or not from the SEC...how silly would that be?

Scouts love Leinart. He's has all the tools the Pro's are looking for plus he's been extremely sucessful in college. Scouts look at EVERYTHING Pete...not just stats. You know better! :tantrum:

fishypete said:
Young was the top player coming out of High school....now he's one of the top players coming out of college. What he has done in the past...and what he can do in the future makes him special. Lets remember...he's not a 6 ft 205 player....he's a 6'5" 235 lb player that runs and has the moves of that smaller player.

How does that transend to the NFL? Sometimes it does...sometimes it doesn't. Some scouts, according to reports are leary of Young. Your argument is with them...not me.:refuse:

ckparrothead said:
George Perles loves draft picks? Or maybe you mean Steve Belichick? Bill Belichick is most definitely NOT Nick Saban's "mentor". And besides, I can't recall a single time Belichick has moved up in the draft. My memory could just be bad, but god help me if I can think of a single time.

Your right...Belichick usually if anything, moves down, not up.

Finfanforever said:

You have no clue and your hunches mean nothing. Vince Young is leagues better than Michael Vick is coming out of college and he is the best QB in college football right now. It's just amazing the ignorance that flows about his game and what he does.

ckparrothead said:

Belichick wasn't the person who gave Saban his start in Cleveland? Saban and Belichick don't talk to each other over the years?

CK...I'm sure the Pats have packages picks to move up...but I did get this thought....didn't they have to pay to get Belichick to start with? :lol:

I know it's a reach...but what the heck...I'm just too lazy today to search it out.

Finfanforever said:
Your right...Belichick usually if anything, moves down, not up.

I believe he has moved up a couple times...especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Back
Top Bottom