Devlin is better than Matt Moore. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin is better than Matt Moore.

Matt Moore is a good back up QB who is over paid.....he is the highest paid back up QB in the league on a team that can't make the playoffs....either he needs to take a pay cut or we need to see if PD can get the job done....I felt we should have let MM go last yr.....it would have saved us 5 million and given PD a chance to play a quarter in one game.....Matt earned 5 million for throwing 6 passes completed 2 for 50 yards with two picks and we paid 5 million for that......why do we have 3 QB on the roster? If RT goes down for a long period of time we are done no matter who the back up is unless we have a good running game and play tough D......when you carry more than 2 QB on your team you are showing no confidence in your starting QB....time to thank Matt for his play and move on to the kid who cost less and give him a chance to be the man.....then put a 3rd QB on the practice squad.....

(IMO) I think it's time to see what Devlin can do. If he can't be the backup, then let him go. We need to let Moore go and use the money better.

if they draft thomas, morris or another of the qbs they have been linked to Devlin will be on the street nevermind being backup

Why do people hate Matt Moore so much? The end of 2011 was the best offensive football the Dolphins have gotten in a long time and he was the QB yet everyone hates him. He's our backup QB and a good one I'd just like to keep him where he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's beyond me as well. I could only explain it that some people fear that Moore could challenge Tannehill for the start at one point or another or that he could outplay him when asked to play. Of course neither of that is happening because Tannehill is the starter.

Moore is a very capable backup. There are plenty of teams who would like to have more at least as a backup. I am not sure if he could compete for a starting job though a couple of teams might give him a chance. Instead of this constant ragging on Moore we should be happy that he is our backup. Not only that Tannehill and Moore have a great connection and Tannehill has stated more than once that he likes Moore and his input. You rarely find a QB tandem which is so in sync and does not cause any controversy. I am certainly happy that he is here and he is very well worth the price tag.

I don't think there's one poster here, that said they hated moore. I think the fact that he's the most expensive backup, that he's not worth the cap hit. People are saying that he's not head and shoulders above Devlin. And i think most people think it's just Devlin's turn, to fight for QB 2, with a rookie. Save that cap hit for next year.

I don't think there's one poster here, that said they hated moore. I think the fact that he's the most expensive backup, that he's not worth the cap hit. People are saying that he's not head and shoulders above Devlin. And i think most people think it's just Devlin's turn, to fight for QB 2, with a rookie. Save that cap hit for next year.

The backup QB position is of utmost importance. You want a capable backup since starting QBs are just one hit away from the loony bin. Moore's cap hit is not as significant as some make it. The money is well spend. Every year teams are not only trying to fill starting roster spots but also backup positions. The saying is that you are only as good as your backups are because pretty much every team suffers injury to its starters. Why create another hole when you have to plug other holes first.

If you want to get another QB to challenge Devlin and eventually Moore when he becomes an FA fine. But just because you want to save a couple million I would not mess with a solid backup position.

And yes, there is plenty of dislike here for Moore. I remember the gloating after his short appearance last season. Of course totally forgotten was that our entire team and coaching staff outright sucked in the last two games - in preparation, emotions and executions. Every excuse is made for his positive appearance when he replaced Henne.

I personally feel that getting rid of Sherman and Ireland and putting Philbin basically on a trial year were the right moves. I am quite confident that with Hickey and Lazor we will see some improvement. But with Philbin you also put Tannehill on the watch clock. If our OL and our play calling improves so must Tannehill. Even for a starting QB the time is running out eventually.
I hope that Moore never sees the field. But that feeling has nothing to do that I won't trust him as a backup but more a happy thought that Tannehill improved and stayed injury free. But with an improved OL and play calling I do not want anybody else to take over than Moore in case Tannehill gets hurt. I have absolute confidence that he can carry a team until the starting QB is back to health.

I guess my confidence in moore is not as high as some peoples. I pretty much know moore is nothing special, and he won't win many games, unless they are against the bottom of the league teams, or every other facet of the team is playing great, and moore just needs to manage the game. I think it's the unknown in devlin, that intrigues me.

Why do people hate Matt Moore so much? The end of 2011 was the best offensive football the Dolphins have gotten in a long time and he was the QB yet everyone hates him. He's our backup QB and a good one I'd just like to keep him where he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's beyond me as well. I could only explain it that some people fear that Moore could challenge Tannehill for the start at one point or another or that he could outplay him when asked to play. Of course neither of that is happening because Tannehill is the starter.

Moore is a very capable backup. There are plenty of teams who would like to have more at least as a backup. I am not sure if he could compete for a starting job though a couple of teams might give him a chance. Instead of this constant ragging on Moore we should be happy that he is our backup. Not only that Tannehill and Moore have a great connection and Tannehill has stated more than once that he likes Moore and his input. You rarely find a QB tandem which is so in sync and does not cause any controversy. I am certainly happy that he is here and he is very well worth the price tag.

I've never understood it either. It's either they absolutely do not want anyone challenging Tanny no matter what or there's resentment for not being able to draft Luck.

I personally had a great time watching the kid go out there and play his ass off in 2011 when for a moment it looked like we might go win-less. There was a fire to him I haven't seen in a QB's demeanor that I haven't seen since Danny played. He made quite the impression on his teammates, which is why he was made the team MVP.

If Devlin was really as good as OP stated then the coaches would have let Moore go! And we would be looking for a 3rd string QB. But he obviously hasnt shown enough to be 2nd string material so he stays where he is and thats one less position to worry about!

I have a novel idea, what if we keep both Devlin and Moore on the team and see if Devlin can beat out Moore for the 2nd string positions then when he does we trade Moore. Why get rid of talent when we don't know what we got in Devlin. I remember the Chargers with this back up QB who was the preseason king for 2 or 3 years in a row. He came in and led come back win game after game, and had something like a 11-1 TD/INT %. Never could get on the field til he was traded to a team on the east coast and finally got his chance to start. His name was Cleo Lemon, and needless to say it didn't turn out pretty. Devlin has yet to accomplish anything CLOSE to what Cleo had to that point in his career. There is a reason Devlin is 3rd string.

Because paying 5 million for a guy who is going to hold a clipboard all season is just stupid. No other team in the league does it anymore, unless its a long-term veteran who has performed at an extremely high level, that does not describe Matt Moore and along with drastically overpaying Mike Wallace, it ranks up their with El Jeffies dumber moves.

Again, I'm all for Matt Moore staying in a fin uni....if he's willing to reup say for 3 years at about 8 mil total.

I have a novel idea, what if we keep both Devlin and Moore on the team and see if Devlin can beat out Moore for the 2nd string positions then when he does we trade Moore. Why get rid of talent when we don't know what we got in Devlin. I remember the Chargers with this back up QB who was the preseason king for 2 or 3 years in a row. He came in and led come back win game after game, and had something like a 11-1 TD/INT %. Never could get on the field til he was traded to a team on the east coast and finally got his chance to start. His name was Cleo Lemon, and needless to say it didn't turn out pretty. Devlin has yet to accomplish anything CLOSE to what Cleo had to that point in his career. There is a reason Devlin is 3rd string.

19DOOit-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom