Devlin is better than Matt Moore. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin is better than Matt Moore.

The last 4-5 games I've seen Moore play, he was absolutely terrible. If he plays like crap again this year, I'd dump him off for whatever I can get and save the cash for another player. Devlin may not have experience, but he hasn't played like outright crap, and I think he's capable of developing into a stable backup.

Because paying 5 million for a guy who is going to hold a clipboard all season is just stupid. No other team in the league does it anymore, unless its a long-term veteran who has performed at an extremely high level, that does not describe Matt Moore and along with drastically overpaying Mike Wallace, it ranks up their with El Jeffies dumber moves.

Again, I'm all for Matt Moore staying in a fin uni....if he's willing to reup say for 3 years at about 8 mil total.
No, I will tell ya what would be stupid. Stupid would be expecting any QB to last all season behind, what is right now the worst OL in football, then trading his experienced backup and replacing him with a player that has never taken an NFL snap.

Why don't we just cut everyone that doesn't start?? Jordan, Odrick, Gibson, Miller, just kick them all out the door. Just think of the money we would save. :rolleyes2:

The last 4-5 games I've seen Moore play, he was absolutely terrible. If he plays like crap again this year, I'd dump him off for whatever I can get and save the cash for another player. Devlin may not have experience, but he hasn't played like outright crap, and I think he's capable of developing into a stable backup.

Really?? I agree he had a horrible outing the one game he played last year, but the whole offense was pitful that day. Brady would have faired no better. But in 2012 he played in two games in the regular season and had a 96.6 QB rating. Not sure what you were expecting but I don't see how you could call that "terrible",

I have no idea why anyone would waste time debating about this topic. Anyway the debate plays out neither is worth anything other than a backup roll.

The real debate should be does Miami move Moore to save 4m? That's the end of it really, cut or trade Moore and save the cap room, you still need a 2nd or 3rd QB if you do that.

No, I will tell ya what would be stupid. Stupid would be expecting any QB to last all season behind, what is right now the worst OL in football, then trading his experienced backup and replacing him with a player that has never taken an NFL snap.

Why don't we just cut everyone that doesn't start?? Jordan, Odrick, Gibson, Miller, just kick them all out the door. Just think of the money we would save. :rolleyes2:

way to make a mountain out of a molehill...

Back
Top Bottom