Devlin over O'Donnell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin over O'Donnell

do u really think teams will salivate over a guy that barely played in preseason and looked good versus guys that wont be in nfl after this week

Not exactly salivate though some team might put him on a final 53
seeing enough in him to make him 3rd option or a #2

Lets remember the Front office
kept wake a backup for a year
when he was the best pass rusher in the NFL
and the best player on the dolphins squad
so they are a little slow to judge talent..

Not exactly salivate though some team might put him on a final 53
seeing enough in him to make him 3rd option or a #2

just saying no team drafted him and he has shown very little in preseason or practice. not saying he is bad .
also am i misreading u because at that point or even now u cant really say w3ake is the best pass rusher in the nfl.
he may very well be this year. i am saying that unless the dolphins keep devlin he has little chance to be anything but practice squad for this year.
now if he had did more in preseason, u could be right but why not keep a guy .bthat knows your system to develop. at this point its doubful that teams have any reason to pick updevlin

My prediction: Devlin will probably be #2 quarterback by the time the season is over. He will be competing for starting QB next year, unless Henne does great this year. He will eventually be our starter (or someone elses if we're not smart) and be our best quarterback since Penington. You heard it here.

do u really think teams will salivate over a guy that barely played in preseason and looked good versus guys that wont be in nfl after this week

He had 7 other offers to join teams when the draft was over. I'm pretty sure he'll get picked up...it's exactly how we got Lydon Murtha who Sparano liked in the draft and when he was cut Sparano jumped on him. As bas as Kellen Clemens has been in Washington and some of the other 3rd string QBs around the league he would be a prime candidate for someone to pick up.

i haven't seen last nights game yet but unless devlin lit it up he'd be headed to my p squad..i hadn't seen anything that says this kid should be on the 53 right now

i haven't seen last nights game yet but unless devlin lit it up he'd be headed to my p squad..i hadn't seen anything that says this kid should be on the 53 right now

There wasn't a lot to go on last night but he did have 3 passes, was under pressure and escaped the pocket, continued to look downfield and made passes. Threw a beautiful strike to Livas and hit him in stride on a 4 and 5 that picked up 16 yards...no panick in the kid which was nice to see.

He showed a lot more poise in the pocket than O'Connell and a lot more accuracy. O'Connell's one pass (he dropped back 2 other times but took off running...he panicked in the pocket) was about 2 yards behind the receiver on a crossing pattern.

you never know...especially when its qbs...someone may have eyes for devlin...but no one liked him enough to use an actual pick on him with 250 kids getting drafted...and i think thats telling when it comes to would anyone poach him for their 53 right now at least given how limited nfl game reps exposure they can study

if they do keep him though it won't bother me...god knows we could use a young developmental qb

Devlin had multiple choices, obviously perceiving the upside, when he signed with us. Teams that monitored his senior year included Pitts and NE. IMO, it's naive to think he'll be buried and forgotten secreted away on the PS. Hell at this point he's probably more attractive than Brady Quinn among others. We need to keep him on the roster or we'll lose him .

Give me a break.

Miami could run with 2 QB's at first, but I don't see them going without 3 for a while.

I think there IDEAL practice squad would be:

Devlin, Livas, Grigsby, Kearse, Brackett, Spears, Wilson and Kopa

Obviously who knows who would pick up a Jimmy Wilson or a Pat Devlin after being waived . . . but ideally, I think this is their 8 guys if they didn't have to worry about them being plucked.

jimmy wilson you will lose if you expose him...no doubt in my mind on that one...i'd have his name in pen on my 53 man roster i know that

Devlin is our #3, plain and simple, and would be even if he had a horrendous preseason. The lockout afforded barely enough time to get our starting QB enough time to learn the playbook, let alone a rookie who needs to learn the speed of the game, work with the coaching staff, and even learn his teammates' names. Obviously they love his potential, and that's really all you need to be a #3 QB in the NFL.

I dont understand everyones crush on devlin.... All hype for nothing at this point. So much hastle over a 3rd string qb who wasnt even drafted.

Back
Top Bottom