Devlin over O'Donnell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin over O'Donnell

look at it like this didn't the dolphins lose 2 quarterbacks last year in the span of 5 minutes?

would you rather have an oconnel who can make some plays with his legs but inaccurate
or a rookie in devlin who maybe starter worthy someday with more accuracy?

I've heard people talk about "it" factor. In the little action I've seen, Devlin seems like he could have it.

Reminds me a lot of Flacco. jk.

In reality neither devlin or oconnel seem to offer alot

In reality neither devlin or oconnel seem to offer alot

Devlin would have to be considered a longterm project, not a guy who would pay immediate dividends. You're not gonna keep him based on what he can do this year, but maybe what he can do in a couple.

do u really think teams will salivate over a guy that barely played in preseason and looked good versus guys that wont be in nfl after this week

Salivate? No. Take him off the practice squad? Yes.

Kid can play. I'm baffled that he wasn't drafted.

Salivate? No. Take him off the practice squad? Yes.

Kid can play. I'm baffled that he wasn't drafted.

what has he done to allo of a sudden make teams want him. Its one thing to want him as an udfa but that doesnt mean they want him on final roster
There are not really many teams that are going to sign a qb cut on last week except maybe a vet

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished watching the final preseason game on NFL network, I hate Rich ****ing Essien btw, kept myself away from all news about the game then a minute before game starts switch on NFL network and he says "Cowboys at Dolphins next, watch Larry Johnson score a TD" . Anyway side tracked there, no way O'Connell has done enough to justify a roster spot in the one drive he got, Devlin in his limited time showed a lot more. And as mentioned he'll just not last on the PS, we got to add him to the 53 if we hope to hang onto him.

if its me i take the chance devlin returns on the p squad...he looked poised and like he was in control of the huddle but come on guys one quick slant throw does not warrant a roster spot on this 53 for an undrafted free agent...

thats just my take...if they keep him on the 53 i'm fine with it...but i'd expose him with a pretty darn good feeling he'd come back on my p squad

if its me i take the chance devlin returns on the p squad...he looked poised and like he was in control of the huddle but come on guys one quick slant throw does not warrant a roster spot on this 53 for an undrafted free agent...

thats just my take...if they keep him on the 53 i'm fine with it...but i'd expose him with a pretty darn good feeling he'd come back on my p squad

Agreed. Devlin is PS material. Froman just cut by the Falcons, too, I think. I'd try to lure him away from their PS squad too if I was the Dolphins.

O'Connell is terrible. I've been saying that since he was at San Diego State.

i still haven't seen devlin throw a ball to the far outer 3rds of the field...i already know he can throw slant routes and underneath stuff with decent velocity...i want to see him throw some of those must have in your arsenal in order to not have the defense just sit on stuff vertical outer 3rd of the field stick throws....maybe he's shown it in practice...would be nice if i could see it

If we keep 3 qb's I say devlin makes the 53. If we try to "sneak" him on the PS he's as good as gone.

We gotta keep Oconnell. The Pats drafted him in the 3rd rnd. Way ahead of Brady. They are the Gods od the NFL draft dudes gonna be great.

We gotta keep Oconnell. The Pats drafted him in the 3rd rnd. Way ahead of Brady. They are the Gods od the NFL draft dudes gonna be great.

lol belicheck knows how to get lots of draft pics though he is just average drafting except for brady..

Some team may roll the dice on Devlins' potential. I would keep him as a 3rd qb. May not last on the PS.

lol belicheck knows how to get lots of draft pics though he is just average drafting except for brady..

He is a much better coach than a gm. Hell he put a 14-2 team out last year with Rob Nickovich playing OLB and Danny woodhead playing big minutes

Back
Top Bottom