Dez Bryant's Numbers at Pro-Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dez Bryant's Numbers at Pro-Day

Not really, everyone knew how much they loved Henne. We were well aware of how much they liked Pat White. It is not like that always.
They liked Henne but no one knew how much. They liked a lot of players that they didn't draft too.

They liked Pat White but most of that speculation was because of the wildcat and no one expected White to go at the top of the 2nd.

They liked Henne but no one knew how much. They liked a lot of players that they didn't draft too.

They liked Pat White but most of that speculation was because of the wildcat and no one expected White to go at the top of the 2nd.

No Offense, but it was reported very clearly the Fins were extremely high on Henne. Shoot just last year we all knew the loved Sean Smith, they sent the secondary coach to Smith Proday, he was brought in for a visit. they loved the kid and drafted him. Same goes for White. When Henne I think even Parcells and his good Wolf were at his proday

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that if Bryant is still on the board at 12, and Seattle hasn't signed Marshall, Miami trades down to Seattle and Seattle takes Bryant. Miami drops to 14 and gets an extra pick.

That would be nice, but I think Seattle's gonna go for a tackle or Clausen if he's still on the board.

No Offense, but it was reported very clearly the Fins were extremely high on Henne. Shoot just last year we all knew the loved Sean Smith, they sent the secondary coach to Smith Proday, he was brought in for a visit. they loved the kid and drafted him. Same goes for White. When Henne I think even Parcells and his good Wolf were at his proday
I think you're confusing "loved" with "interested in".

Maybe you can scratch Dez Bryant off the Raiders' wish list after all.

Bryant ran the forty in 4.52, 4.68, and 4.52, according to NFL.com. Bryant was asked to run a third time because of the discrepancy in the times. He jumped 38 inches on his vertical leap and jumped over eleven feet on his broad jump, which is a huge number.

He wasn't able to finish the three-cone drill and short shuttle, which perhaps indicates a lack of work preparing for the pro day. His hands reportedly looked good.

Mike Mayock said he was surprised by the slow forty times. He appears to play faster on tape.

The problem for Bryant is that Adam Schefter tweeted that Bryant ran a 4.32 last week, creating high expectations. Larry Fitzgerald ran a similar time a few years ago, but didn't have the same off-field concerns.

Mayock said "more questions than answers" came out of the workout.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/30/bryant-has-so-so-workout/

Couldn't finish the 3-cone and short shuttle? All this time to prepare and he couldn't finish? I agree with Mayock, buyer beware.

The same Mayock who recently said he was among best WR prospects he had scouted.

I'm losing a little bit of respect for Mayock this year. He seems to be making more publicity statements this year.

watch we pass on him.

Noone really knows, we all are just guessing when we say this player or that player.

Dont care how much people on these boards or the "experts" say they know what the fins are doing, they really dont.

The fins are so tight lipped its frustrating.
Chubbs

The same Mayock who recently said he was among best WR prospects he had scouted.

I'm losing a little bit of respect for Mayock this year. He seems to be making more publicity statements this year.
Mayock has always gone back-and-forth on players. He preaches not to fall in love with a player after their workout in shorts but his board is in constant flux all the time because it changes after the pro days and workouts.

I think Dez Bryant is the best WR in the draft but I worry about his mental state. That is my biggest concern with him. Whoever drafts him will need to do a lot of hand holding IMO.

There is only 1 player that I could possibly see Ireland moving to grab and thats Berry. And even that is pushing it considering how much Thomas has closed the gap between Berry and him.
Chubbs

Gil Brandt UPDATE: A few more Bryant numbers to pass along. He measured in at 6-foot-1 1/2 and 224 pounds, and he had a 38-inch vertical, an 11-foot-1 broad jump, 4.48-second short shuttle and 7.21-second three-cone drill.

Short shuttle and 3 cone were terrible times

I think you're confusing "loved" with "interested in".

I dont think so. I have seen the Fins the last two years interview a guy at the combine, show up at his pro day and bring him in for a workout. Only to draft him on draft day.

These guy are not as secretive as you think. Last year, they interviewed Davis, they showed up at his pro day, brought him for a workout. Sure enough drafted him, a lot were saying Fins were smoke screening cause of his character concerns and they would never select a guy like Davis.

Contrary to what many of you believe, the Dolphins do not bring guys in for the sake of creating smokescreens.

Teams have a limited number of visits and this team doesn't waste those on players they don't like or don't want to know better. This team creates smokescreens by simply saying nothing, zero, nada, zilch, and letting speculation and poor reporting (I've been guilty) do their work.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz0jgiSArmN

Told you

Back
Top Bottom