Dez Bryant's Numbers at Pro-Day | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dez Bryant's Numbers at Pro-Day

He would've ran a 4.65 at the combine.....

I told you ALL he was scared to run for anybody a long time ago when he kept ducking out of everything.....

I think he's the best WR PROSPECT in the draft...but I think he's also potentially the most overrated player in the draft.....this kid isn't Andre Johnson....Calvin Johnson...or Larry Fitzgerald....I'm just telling you.....this top 5 pick propaganda is nonsense...

Seems like if you were suspended for basically an entire season....you'd at least learn how to run a good 40 by the time your pro-day rolled around.....or at least learn how to perform the drills....or at least remember that you can't do any of this **** for scouts barefoot....

This kid is one red flag after another....but the most interesting part about him is that they're always "little things".....one after another...after another..after another...

It seems like he lacks any attention to detail...about anything...everything.....and attention to detail is what seperates busts from good players...and good players to great players at the professional level...when athletic ability and talent can no longer allow you to coast...

He's going to need someone to hold his hand constantly...

If this kid flops in the pro's completely....or takes 5 years before he's mature enough to put it all together just so he can be a productive pro....you'll be able to look back on everything surrounding him and tell yourself...."I can't believe I didn't see THIS coming"....

Yeah...sounds like a top 5 pick to me...

I wouldn't touch any WR in this draft in the top 20 picks....

What makes you think he would have ran 4.65 at the Combine? This wasn't some Ohio State super fast track he ran on. This was a grass high school field in bum**** Texas.

Maybe you're arguing he was out of shape at the Combine but I don't see your certainty on it otherwise.

Yeah I don't see that and I CERTAINLY don't see any "attention to detail" based argument as it pertains to his on field work.

Yeah I don't see that and I CERTAINLY don't see any "attention to detail" based argument as it pertains to his on field work.

You got that right....which is why I still think he's the best WR PROSPECT in this draft....

Problem is....he just can't seem to do anything right....he can't get the simple **** right off the field.... ...guys usually don't bust in the pros because they lack the talent....it's all the other stuff..."little things"....

Personally, I wouldn't TOUCH him in the top 10 picks....although I think he'll go somewhere between 10-20 range....

I think he deserves to be the first WR off the board....but not in the top 20 picks....

What makes you think he would have ran 4.65 at the Combine? This wasn't some Ohio State super fast track he ran on. This was a grass high school field in bum**** Texas.

Maybe you're arguing he was out of shape at the Combine but I don't see your certainty on it otherwise.

LOS is slower than any pro day track... ...you can't put a positive spin on his workout...especially after ALL this time....you just can't do it...

It was rather meh....which is moreless what I expected actually....and I'm not really all that disappointed for that reason....

My point is...he would've had to WOW me with his workout for me to consider him a top 5 pick...which didn't happen....I think he's a good player that does a lot of things right on the football field....but he's not in the "elite" category of "can't miss" guys like Fitz, Andre, or Megatron....

LOS is slower than any pro day track... ...you can't put a positive spin on his workout...especially after ALL this time....you just can't do it...

It was rather meh....which is moreless what I expected actually....and I'm not really all that disappointed for that reason....

My point is...he would've had to WOW me with his workout for me to consider him a top 5 pick...which didn't happen....I think he's a good player that does a lot of things right on the football field....but he's not in the "elite" category of "can't miss" guys like Fitz, Andre, or Megatron....

There are things he does better than both of those players. When talking about his WR skill set, he's pretty close to can't miss. He's quicker than both Fitz and C. Johnson, and he runs with a lot more explosion and power than Fitz. He's also much better after the catch than both. Bryant runs great routes, has great hands, and he's the definition of a guy that can take a 5-yard slant for an 80-yard TD. He's not the deep threat C. Johnson is, and no one is as good with the ball in the air as Fitzgerald. But, Bryant is great with the ball in the air, and he's a legitimate deep threat. When you watch him play, he looks blazing fast. I've never seen any tape where he didn't look like the fastest player on the field.

You hit it on the head. How many guys that big do you see returning punts? He's the only one I can think of

Exactly. I've been saying it for a while, but when he has the ball in his hands, he reminds me a of a young TO. Honestly, what WR coming out of college has looked better with the ball in his hands? Maybe A. Johnson. I said he's quicker than Johnson, but Johnson is bigger and faster.

He would've ran a 4.65 at the combine.....

I told you ALL he was scared to run for anybody a long time ago when he kept ducking out of everything.....

I think he's the best WR PROSPECT in the draft...but I think he's also potentially the most overrated player in the draft.....this kid isn't Andre Johnson....Calvin Johnson...or Larry Fitzgerald....I'm just telling you.....this top 5 pick propaganda is nonsense...

Seems like if you were suspended for basically an entire season....you'd at least learn how to run a good 40 by the time your pro-day rolled around.....or at least learn how to perform the drills....or at least remember that you can't do any of this **** for scouts barefoot....

This kid is one red flag after another....but the most interesting part about him is that they're always "little things".....one after another...after another..after another...

It seems like he lacks any attention to detail...about anything...everything.....and attention to detail is what seperates busts from good players...and good players to great players at the professional level...when athletic ability and talent can no longer allow you to coast...

He's going to need someone to hold his hand constantly...

If this kid flops in the pro's completely....or takes 5 years before he's mature enough to put it all together just so he can be a productive pro....you'll be able to look back on everything surrounding him and tell yourself...."I can't believe I didn't see THIS coming"....

Yeah...sounds like a top 5 pick to me...

I wouldn't touch any WR in this draft in the top 20 picks....

:clapping:

You got that right....which is why I still think he's the best WR PROSPECT in this draft....

Problem is....he just can't seem to do anything right....he can't get the simple **** right off the field.... ...guys usually don't bust in the pros because they lack the talent....it's all the other stuff..."little things"....

Personally, I wouldn't TOUCH him in the top 10 picks....although I think he'll go somewhere between 10-20 range....

I think he deserves to be the first WR off the board....but not in the top 20 picks....

First off let me just say that I hear what you're saying.

But seriously, let's take a step back for a second. We're building a character argument about a kid based on:

1. Being late for some team meetings as a frosh
2. Some very milquetoast comments about him by Mike Gundy early in his career
3. Lying to investigators during a pretty blatant bout of entrapment
4. Choosing one of the most popular agents in the business, who happens to be tight with Parcells according to Chris Mortenson
5. Having a little trouble with some underwear drills that don't have much to do with football

I mean, that's it. He has a 100% clean rap sheet, which is pretty amazing when you consider how he grew up. That same head coach that leveled criticisms about him early in his career also praised him several times and talked about how much better he'd gotten, and this isn't a guy that will hold back when he's dealing with a kid he genuinely considers to be an a-hole (see: Cox, Perrish). He's all rocked up so you know the guy works hard in the weight room. His attention to detail on the football field doesn't leave much to be desired, if anything. Every report I've ever read, even the 'anonymous' rumor mill type ones that use words like immaturity and forgetful, not smart, whatever...every single one says that he's a nice kid. His WRs coach absolutely raves about him, said that he's as good as Randy Moss, whom he also coached. Another WRs coach in the conference raves about him as a person, as per an acquaintance of mine who personally knows said coach. When Bryant says he'd die if he couldn't have football, I sure as hell believe him, considering his background and how football has been his life.

We're building a character case against this guy? I mean, really? This isn't Terrence Cody and his 400 pounds of mountainous flab. This isn't Percy Harvin who was caught multiple times smoking weed. This isn't Lawrence Phillips with a rap sheet as long as your arm, or any rap sheet whatsoever. This isn't Mike Williams who quit on his team. This isn't a guy that has shown ANY sign that he lacks respect for authority. This isn't Brandon Marshall with the cops showing up every other day for beating his woman.

I mean, really...at what point do we step back from all this man-made drama and say we're drafting football players not choosing candidates for acceptance at Princeton?

Last edited by a moderator:
From a business standpoint do you want to commit $30 million to a guy who forgets his shoes????

the #12 pick isn't gonna cost you $30 mil...in total contract...he's probably at #12 in the $8 mil guaranteed range and less than $20 mil all told...

ginn was the #9 pick a few years ago and he got like $20 mil for the contract total value if i'm not mistaken...

First off let me just say that I hear what you're saying.

But seriously, let's take a step back for a second. We're building a character argument about a kid based on:

1. Being late for some team meetings as a frosh
2. Some very milquetoast comments about him by Mike Gundy early in his career
3. Lying to investigators during a pretty blatant bout of entrapment
4. Choosing one of the most popular agents in the business, who happens to be tight with Parcells according to Chris Mortenson
5. Having a little trouble with some underwear drills that don't have much to do with football

I mean, that's it. He has a 100% clean rap sheet, which is pretty amazing when you consider how he grew up. That same head coach that leveled criticisms about him early in his career also praised him several times and talked about how much better he'd gotten, and this isn't a guy that will hold back when he's dealing with a kid he genuinely considers to be an a-hole (see: Cox, Perrish). He's all rocked up so you know the guy works hard in the weight room. His attention to detail on the football field doesn't leave much to be desired, if anything. Every report I've ever read, even the 'anonymous' rumor mill type ones that use words like immaturity and forgetful, not smart, whatever...every single one says that he's a nice kid. His WRs coach absolutely raves about him, said that he's as good as Randy Moss, whom he also coached. Another WRs coach in the conference raves about him as a person, as per an acquaintance of mine who personally knows said coach. When Bryant says he'd die if he couldn't have football, I sure as hell believe him, considering his background and how football has been his life.

We're building a character case against this guy? I mean, really? This isn't Terrence Cody and his 400 pounds of mountainous flab. This isn't Percy Harvin who was caught multiple times smoking weed. This isn't Lawrence Phillips with a rap sheet as long as your arm, or any rap sheet whatsoever. This isn't Mike Williams who quit on his team. This isn't a guy that has shown ANY sign that he lacks respect for authority. This isn't Brandon Marshall with the cops showing up every other day for beating his woman.

I mean, really...at what point do we step back from all this man-made drama and say we're drafting football players not choosing candidates for acceptance at Princeton?

that was great...:up:

I have to agree with this. I don't think Bryant is going to be a trouble making diva WR, but his workout just reinforces his lack of drive and motivation. This guy had a lot of time off from football, and didnt do much to get himself prepared. He seems like a guy that will reach his peak the same day he gets his signing bonus. I'm not saying that will happen for sure, but I dont see our brass taking big risks in the first round.

I think he runs routes extremely well. He does so many of the little things so precisely. He cuts his angles sharp to the QB in man and speeds into them in zone. He uses his head, god bless him he uses his head, hips and hands to work himself open. He reacts seamlessly to the QB and comes back to him when he's in trouble, his chemistry with Zac Robinson was extremely effective. He knows how to use his hands and body to shield the ball. I see people saying he doesn't run all the routes. Well, if there's a route I haven't seen him run, it's a new one to me...because he runs his routes DOWN the field, not a bunch short BS.

thanks so much ck...i dont get to watch tape...i go by what i hear from former execs like kirwan and brandt...then i translate that to what i hear...everyone says he runs bad routes and didnt run nfl routes...i guess that is just typical pre-draft hogwash...

Back
Top Bottom