Dez Bryant's Numbers at Pro-Day | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dez Bryant's Numbers at Pro-Day

truth...what is that avatar you've chosen??? it looks like a christmas ornament...lol

you should come over here more often...some very good posters over here who really know their stuff...

great draft discussion...

truth...what is that avatar you've chosen??? it looks like a christmas ornament...lol

you should come over here more often...some very good posters over here who really know their stuff...

great draft discussion...
I see there are some good poster here. Good discussion with the knowledgable ones. Right now I just want to talk football, mainly the draft and there's nothing going on at the other site.

As for my avatar, I have no freakin idea what it is but it has a Dolphins logo so I said what the heck.

Is there a better measure? I don't put too much stock in 40 times cause football isn't played in a straight line. Taylor Mays is a prime example of straight line speed but he can't change direction, he has no instinct and can't defend the pass worth a crap.

There's no substitute for intense study of the guy in football elements, unfortunately. I wish there was, because boy would it make life easier. But, it's not that easy. Sometimes the times mean something, and sometimes they don't, and the only way you're going to know which is which is with a lot of experience and a good feel, rather than some hard and fast rules.

There's no substitute for intense study of the guy in football elements, unfortunately. I wish there was, because boy would it make life easier. But, it's not that easy. Sometimes the times mean something, and sometimes they don't, and the only way you're going to know which is which is with a lot of experience and a good feel, rather than some hard and fast rules.
I watch plenty of film but you need some measurable, IMO, to put the two together. Some kid from FCS may look fast on film but he's going up against other kids that are running 4.8/4.9 while he only runs 4.7 but you wouldn't know that until you worked him out. Big 12 has long been known as a high scoring, pass happy conference. You don't see too many Corners from the Big 12 listed very high. Parrish Cox ran 4.58 at the combine, Brian Jackson from Oklahoma ran 4.65. The film holds the most weight but there has to be some comparable measurable as well.

runs poor routes, ran limited routes in college, didnt really play last year...trifecta passes...

ck how do you feel about his route running?

if hes not a burner, and in the larry fitzgerald mold, to me its imperative that he have a history of running solid routes, especially nfl routes, in college...i dunno, im from the gil brandt school of drafting wide receivers, as i think the trifecta...that is, more than one year of success, running nfl routes, combination of speed and size, with a hunger for the ball...

bryant ran just above his suspected 40 range but also dropped balls, which i attribute to nerves because as the proceeding went, he was near perfect...

to me, hes not worth a top 10 pick, am i crazy, based solely on his routes?

Well then that's a very poor and unreliable gauge my friend. Too much noise, not enough signal. Sometimes the times mean something. Sometimes they really don't.

The noise that those numbers are making is that Dez was not prepared to run the three cone and SS. One account from today was that he went the wrong way around the cones on one of his runs before he was corrected. The guy is a physical beast he ran a 1.50 in his 10 yrd split which is really quick in addition to his freakish broad jump. However, in preparing for the biggest day of his life he forgot his shoes and did not know how to perform one of the six drills that he was required to complete. This guy has head case written all over him. From a business standpoint do you want to commit $30 million to a guy who forgets his shoes????

uh, no, miami aint takin this guy. give it up dreamboys.

and this time, billy p runs the show, not cam cammy cam. no WR busts here. the dude can barely lay some enthusiasm in his interview with mayock who practically gave him the liberal media to obama treatment.

I know mayock is rethinking. if he isnt, he is lying through his teeth.

I don't suppose there's a chance... he'd have a poor workout on purpose so as to fall to the team of his choice (whichever it might be). Otherwise it seems really moronic of him not to prepare well for this day, as it might cost him millions.

ck how do you feel about his route running?

if hes not a burner, and in the larry fitzgerald mold, to me its imperative that he have a history of running solid routes, especially nfl routes, in college...i dunno, im from the gil brandt school of drafting wide receivers, as i think the trifecta...that is, more than one year of success, running nfl routes, combination of speed and size, with a hunger for the ball...

bryant ran just above his suspected 40 range but also dropped balls, which i attribute to nerves because as the proceeding went, he was near perfect...

to me, hes not worth a top 10 pick, am i crazy, based solely on his routes?

I think he runs routes extremely well. He does so many of the little things so precisely. He cuts his angles sharp to the QB in man and speeds into them in zone. He uses his head, god bless him he uses his head, hips and hands to work himself open. He reacts seamlessly to the QB and comes back to him when he's in trouble, his chemistry with Zac Robinson was extremely effective. He knows how to use his hands and body to shield the ball. I see people saying he doesn't run all the routes. Well, if there's a route I haven't seen him run, it's a new one to me...because he runs his routes DOWN the field, not a bunch short BS.

uh, no, miami aint takin this guy. give it up dreamboys.

and this time, billy p runs the show, not cam cammy cam. no WR busts here. the dude can barely lay some enthusiasm in his interview with mayock who practically gave him the liberal media to obama treatment.

I know mayock is rethinking. if he isnt, he is lying through his teeth.

Patrick Turner..?

Patrick Turner..?
What is the comparison you're trying to make? He showed no enthusiasm at his interview like Turner? Or are you trying to say he's another Patrick Turner?

I can tell you there's no way he's another Patrick Turner. The game tape will tell you that much.

Right now everyone has Bryant dropping out of the top 10 but the Raiders are in the top 10 and you just never know what the heck they're going to do...even though Bryant didn't run a blazing 40 Raiders are an enigma.

Back
Top Bottom